smw centralpge projectirc.cat.bio

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

SMW Central's VLDCX

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
User avatar
EvilMariobot
Posts: 42
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby EvilMariobot » 2 weeks ago

Koopster wrote:ExAnimations are ez

First, in the red poison mushroom window, load in AN2 an ExGFX file that contains the frames of your animation.
You can see the original animated tile frames in the 8x8 editor (question block with shadow button) by pressing Ctrl+Shift+PageDown and going down a few pages. They're on pages 0x5 and 0x6, tiles 500 through 67F. 68F to 6FF is the ExGFX you load in AN2.
Arrange your frames in a similar fashion to the line guide ends (that are in page 0x6, bottom left corner). They work basically like what you want to set up - except they have 4 frames rather than 2.
Now to animate, click on the SMB3 brick. Set the type to "2 8x8s: line", set the frames amount to 2, set the destination to somewhere in the pages that are usable by map16 (anything between 000-2FF that's not being used), and for the frames, put the tile number of the leftmost tile of each frame (for a practical example - if I wanted to animate the line guide ends, I would, of course, set the frames amount to 4 instead, and input 640, 650, 660 and 670 as the frames).

Hope this wasn't a terrible explanation!!!
Thanks, it worked perfectly!

Now I need to know if it's possible to have a single long room, but no scrolling so that wherever you enter that room, the camera is locked.

User avatar
Ivy
Posts: 1914
Joined: 3 years ago
Contact:

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby Ivy » 2 weeks ago

EvilMariobot wrote: Thanks, it worked perfectly!

Now I need to know if it's possible to have a single long room, but no scrolling so that wherever you enter that room, the camera is locked.
with vanilla, doubtful. just have a really thick wall between each segment.
Alternatively you're allowed to use 7 sublevels along with the main level, so maybe have each one be in its own level?
Last edited by Ivy on 11 Mar 2017, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | NNID: Ivysaur1996 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

User avatar
Koopster
judge of everything
Posts: 165
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: ???

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby Koopster » 2 weeks ago

EvilmarioBot wrote:Now I need to know if it's possible to have a single long room, but no scrolling so that wherever you enter that room, the camera is locked.
Click on the Mario head button and set the level to "No Horizontal or Vertical Scroll".
The camera will never align perfectly horizontally unless you are on the first screen, but it works

edit: oops, I keep forgetting how quotes work in this site. also ninja'd :p

User avatar
EvilMariobot
Posts: 42
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby EvilMariobot » 1 week ago

Ivy wrote: just have a really thick wall between each segment.
Decided to go with this so I don't have to keep track of so many sublevels. Thanks.

Now, how do I transfer a level's palettes into a sublevel's?

User avatar
EvilMariobot
Posts: 42
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby EvilMariobot » 1 week ago

EvilMariobot wrote:
Ivy wrote: just have a really thick wall between each segment.
Decided to go with this so I don't have to keep track of so many sublevels. Thanks.

Now, how do I transfer a level's palettes into a sublevel's?
Nevermind, found a workaround.

Okay, 2 questions about the moving ghost house holes.
-Will they work with cement block tiles, or does it have to be tiles Mario can jump through from below for him to fall through?
-If used with cement blocks, can you throw objects up through them?

User avatar
ft029
m/m wannabe
Posts: 311
Joined: 10 months ago
Location: U.S.

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby ft029 » 1 week ago

EvilMariobot wrote: Okay, 2 questions about the moving ghost house holes.
-Will they work with cement block tiles, or does it have to be tiles Mario can jump through from below for him to fall through?
-If used with cement blocks, can you throw objects up through them?
I believe it must be tiles that Mario can jump through from below for Mario to fall through completely. Generally don't use solid blocks with them, as the interaction can be quite wonky. I'm not completely certain on this, so you can just test it with Lunar Magic for the e x p e r i e n c e.
Yes, you can throw objects up through those holes, although I don't think Mario can jump through them (not sure about this). This was used in House of the Holy, where you had to time a throw block with the moving holes.

Munchers can work with the moving hole, but it's glitchy and sometimes you can get hit unfairly.
Mosts Awards:
Image
Image

User avatar
EvilMariobot
Posts: 42
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: SMW Central's VLDCX

Postby EvilMariobot » 1 week ago

ft029 wrote:
EvilMariobot wrote: Okay, 2 questions about the moving ghost house holes.
-Will they work with cement block tiles, or does it have to be tiles Mario can jump through from below for him to fall through?
-If used with cement blocks, can you throw objects up through them?
I believe it must be tiles that Mario can jump through from below for Mario to fall through completely. Generally don't use solid blocks with them, as the interaction can be quite wonky. I'm not completely certain on this, so you can just test it with Lunar Magic for the e x p e r i e n c e.
Yes, you can throw objects up through those holes, although I don't think Mario can jump through them (not sure about this). This was used in House of the Holy, where you had to time a throw block with the moving holes.

Munchers can work with the moving hole, but it's glitchy and sometimes you can get hit unfairly.
Okay, good to know. Thanks.

I couldn't test this myself because the rom won't work on ZSNES and SNES9X doesn't like my system.


Return to “contest center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron