(shouting)

ReTux Level Making Contest

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

ReTux Level Making Contest

Post by onpon4 »

I want to add a collection of bonus levels to ReTux. To facilitate that, I'm running a little level making contest, with prizes available.

The announcement of the contest (which also includes all the details about it) is here:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/forum/forum ... um_id=8551

Basically, you submit your level, and I and possibly other judges (if some people volunteer to be additional judges; please let me know if you would like to do so) will rate it. The top 5 levels will earn prize money ranging from $5 to $50. Additionally, all submitted levels which are judged to be decent will be distributed with ReTux in the Bonus Levels levelset, and their authors' names will be added to ReTux's credits.

Of course, to participate, you will need to know how to make levels for ReTux. A guide for that can be found here:

http://retux.nongnu.org/leveledit

The rules are pretty simple:

* Deadline is July 1, 2016.
* Entries must be libre. Participants should specify what libre license they wish to use when submitting their entries.
* Team submissions are allowed.
* Multiple submissions by one participant are allowed.
* Duplicate entries and entries obviously derived from other entries will be rejected. (This rule is to prevent a participant from gaining an advantage by submitting several minor variations of the same basic level.)
* Judges (including myself) may not participate in the competition.

Entries can be submitted via email to onpon4@riseup.net (that's my email address), or by replying to this topic if you want.

Prizes for the winners are:

* First place: $50
* Second place: $20
* Third place: $20
* Fourth place: $5
* Fifth place: $5
onpon4
Sharing is good.

Re: ReTux Level Making Contest

Post by onpon4 »

Slight tweak to the contest: I've added that judges (including me) will include a short written explanation for the ratings.

Also something else worth mentioning: on a personal note, I'm planning on recording blind let's plays of any entries.

So, is anyone interested in entering?
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

onpon4 wrote:Slight tweak to the contest: I've added that judges (including me) will include a short written explanation for the ratings.

Also something else worth mentioning: on a personal note, I'm planning on recording blind let's plays of any entries.

So, is anyone interested in entering?
I am interested in entering, but clueless on how this works...

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

Well, that's no good! Could you help me make it more clear? What in particular do you not understand?
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

onpon4 wrote:Well, that's no good! Could you help me make it more clear? What in particular do you not understand?
I mean how to get the editor. ...if it is free at all.

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I mean how to get the editor. ...if it is free at all.
Did you look at the guide?

http://retux.nongnu.org/leveledit/

Because that's literally the first paragraph of the first page. I honestly can't think of a way to make it more clear where to get Tiled from. I'm open to suggestions, though.
onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

MECHDRAGON777 sent me a PM, and I see what her problem is: all of the downloads on itch.io are mislabeled. For now, you can find the correct links here. I've brought this up on the TIled IRC channel, so hopefully bjorn will have it fixed soon.
onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

I've made a new announcement regarding this contest:

Anyone who announces publicly that they are going to participate before June 20th, and then sends me an email, will now get a free copy of ReTux. This is a (much better) replacement for the demo version that was freely available for a few days.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

onpon4 wrote:I've made a new announcement regarding this contest:

Anyone who announces publicly that they are going to participate before June 20th, and then sends me an email, will now get a free copy of ReTux. This is a (much better) replacement for the demo version that was freely available for a few days.
Hey, I think I already I would participate if I can get the files to work.

I hate using me email, but I sent I sent an email.
I might as well LP this game then...

My avartar

onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

Awesome! I've emailed you the password to get ReTux. I look forward to your entry. :)
I might as well LP this game then...
Cool! I look forward to that too, then. :) I always like seeing people play my games.
onpon4
Sharing is good.

Post by onpon4 »

Just a reminder: today is the last day to get a free copy of ReTux by announcing your participation in the level editing contest.