(shouting)

KCX(Kaizo Contest X) Relay Testing Phase

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Re: KCX(Kaizo Contest X) Relay Interest Thread

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Katazuki wrote:ping
I keep encountering this weird glitch whenever I try to play your screen:
http://i.imgur.com/RtQfAR0.gif
Did you simply not know about this, or am I missing something?
Since 7NameSam had that same issue, I assumed it was a mistake and went ahead and fixed it. However, the same thing happens when the player stomps the Ninji at the end of your screen. The issue is that SMBX has a glitch where if the player stomps an enemy while inside a player-only block (the dotted ones that only a certain player can pass), the player will clip through the bottom of the screen and die. I'll go ahead and fix that, too (I won't mess with the normal blocks or NPC placements; I'm just going to rearrange the player blocks so the glitch won't happen).
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Imaynotbehere4long

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:ping
I noticed that the ax in your screen doesn't do anything. When I checked it, I saw that you had put an event in "no more objects in layer." However, this doesn't work if there's only one object in the layer (or maybe someone put something else on the layer after you made your screen?). If you wanted the events to occur, you should have set the event to trigger on "Death." If you decided not to use those events, let me know because I just put them back in.
My SMBX portfolio:

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Since 7NameSam had that same issue, I assumed it was a mistake and went ahead and fixed it. However, the same thing happens when the player stomps the Ninji at the end of your screen. The issue is that SMBX has a glitch where if the player stomps an enemy while inside a player-only block (the dotted ones that only a certain player can pass), the player will clip through the bottom of the screen and die. I'll go ahead and fix that, too (I won't mess with the normal blocks or NPC placements; I'm just going to rearrange the player blocks so the glitch won't happen).
Indeed it was a mistake on my part and it was a glitch I was unaware of. (But also might be a glitch I can exploit later~.)

I'm okay with you fixing it though, though I honestly didn't expect anyone to attempt to spinjump the Ninji at the end. I just hope you put them in an area that makes sense.

Who has the most?
Imaynotbehere4long

Katazuki wrote:I honestly didn't expect anyone to attempt to spinjump the Ninji at the end.
Actually, it happens if the player normaljumps on it, too. Same thing happens if the player is literally just walking forward and the Ninji commits suicide by jumping into the player's feet (which is what happened to me).
Ometeotl wrote:ping
How am I supposed to get past your screen? I've only been able to make it as far as the blue switch blocks. If you could provide a recording of you beating the section as well, that'd be great.

...it isn't reliant on luck, is it? Because that would be mean, even by kaizo standards.

Also, I'm curious to know why you used a song in that section if you just planned on drowning it out with the sound of a thousand generators.

Edit: also, just double checking, but is the player supposed to be Mario or Toad in your section? I can't even make it past the SMB2 spikes as Mario.
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Katazuki wrote:I honestly didn't expect anyone to attempt to spinjump the Ninji at the end.
Actually, it happens if the player normaljumps on it, too. Same thing happens if the player is literally just walking forward and the Ninji commits suicide by jumping into the player's feet (which is what happened to me).
How am I supposed to get past your screen? I've only been able to make it as far as the blue switch blocks. If you could provide a recording of you beating the section as well, that'd be great.

...it isn't reliant on luck, is it? Because that would be mean, even by kaizo standards.

Also, I'm curious to know why you used a song in that section if you just planned on drowning it out with the sound of a thousand generators.

Edit: also, just double checking, but is the player supposed to be Mario or Toad in your section? I can't even make it past the SMB2 spikes as Mario.
Post a screenshot of his screen from the editor and I will make a video.

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Yeah, I'd rather let Mechdragon do it so I don't have to learn how to screen capture videos. It is not luck-based, no.
Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Post a screenshot of his screen from the editor and I will make a video.
It's the only screen in section 7; you'll know it when you see it. Here's the download for his screen so you won't have to look back through the thread:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ckpt7tqe37z ... 2.zip?dl=0

Also, keep in mind that while the level auto-turns the player into Toad at the start, the player can only make it to his screen as Mario due to the player-blocks in ravegg's screen.
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Ometeotl wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather let Mechdragon do it so I don't have to learn how to screen capture videos. It is not luck-based, no.
Do I need to record every screen to proof it is possible?

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Do I need to record every screen to proof it is possible?
No; I think I've figured out how to get past everyone else's screen, so just record Ometeotl's screen.
My SMBX portfolio:

Imaynotbehere4long

Just wanted to let you know that the first layer of shenanigans still affects the player even when said layer is hidden. Do you mind if I decrease the delay before Marvin hits the switch in order to mask that issue?
My SMBX portfolio:

Imaynotbehere4long

My humble screen is complete. I hope it doesn't make anyone too angry.

Download

Also, while I did edit a few other people's screens, it was just to get everything to work and to remove various issues; the gameplay of their screens remains the same.

P.S. I was going to suggest areas for multiple checkpoints, but given the way certain people's screens work, I say we just get someone to code savestates in Lua.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Post a screenshot of his screen from the editor and I will make a video.
Never mind the video; I think I figured it out.

Also, it's your turn now.
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:My humble screen is complete. I hope it doesn't make anyone too angry.

Download

Also, while I did edit a few other people's screens, it was just to get everything to work and to remove various issues; the gameplay of their screens remains the same.

P.S. I was going to suggest areas for multiple checkpoints, but given the way certain people's screens work, I say we just get someone to code savestates in Lua.
Never mind the video; I think I figured it out.

Also, it's your turn now.
Thank you, can I have three weeks since 8flight said he wanted it three weeks from now?

My avartar

Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Thank you, can I have three weeks since 8flight said he wanted it three weeks from now?
I'm pretty sure the only reason 8flight asked for that time was because he thought Pholtos would take two weeks and I'd take one. I say try to finish in one week for now.
ParmaJon wrote:ping
Let 8flight know that we're ahead of schedule and that it will be his turn in a week unless he says otherwise.
My SMBX portfolio:

Imaynotbehere4long

Oh, almost forgot:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:This relay's already embarrassingly short for a relay, do you really wanna shorten it further by cutting off one of the few people who are actually acknowledging this thing exists?

e: Heck, you'd almost be better off cycling back through the list just to pad things out a bit. By my count you're on track to not even reach a dozen screens in this relay level if you go ahead with cutting pholtos off in this fashion.
Now that I've played the level, I can safely say that the difficulty more than makes up for the level's "short" length, so we really won't need to cycle back through the list again like you suggested.
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Oh, almost forgot:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:This relay's already embarrassingly short for a relay, do you really wanna shorten it further by cutting off one of the few people who are actually acknowledging this thing exists?

e: Heck, you'd almost be better off cycling back through the list just to pad things out a bit. By my count you're on track to not even reach a dozen screens in this relay level if you go ahead with cutting pholtos off in this fashion.
Now that I've played the level, I can safely say that the difficulty more than makes up for the level's "short" length, so we really won't need to cycle back through the list again like you suggested.
Unless you put in a multi-point.

Edit: I do not understand where your screen is. The random Flashbacks that is. I do not think a relay is supposed to work like that. (You got the one section part, but you added warps into everyone's sections warping to your screen. It is unique and interesting, but I think it removes the concept of the relay. ...and I thought my screen is broken (or boarderline guideline)

My avartar

ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Post by ParmaJon »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote: Let 8flight know that we're ahead of schedule and that it will be his turn in a week unless he says otherwise.
I know that he asked for that week due to other time constraints, so my assumption is, is that he will still want the specific week he asked for. However, I'll message him anyway to confirm this.
Go to bed

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

If he wants that specific week, does that give me three weeks? (I have 12 days of school left as of this post.) So that third week would be best for me since I have a school assignment due tomorrow that states that if I do not turn it in, I can not graduate.
ParmaJon wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote: Let 8flight know that we're ahead of schedule and that it will be his turn in a week unless he says otherwise.
I know that he asked for that week due to other time constraints, so my assumption is, is that he will still want the specific week he asked for. However, I'll message him anyway to confirm this.

My avartar

Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Unless you put in a multi-point.
Not really; there would have to be a multipoint practically every screen for it to be reasonable, though, much less be considered "too short." It's part of the reason I think we should just get someone to code savestates in Lua (using the SMBX 2.0 Zelda as a starting point).
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Edit: I do not understand where your screen is. The random Flashbacks that is. I do not think a relay is supposed to work like that. (You got the one section part, but you added warps into everyone's sections warping to your screen. It is unique and interesting, but I think it removes the concept of the relay.
To be fair, the player is warped back to the former screen not long afterward, and each segment is isolated so the player can't skip ahead.

And yeah, I know it's unorthodox, but that's why I wanted to go ahead and try it out: to see what others think about it.

As for where my screen is, it's before Ometeotl's screen (section 7), so start your screen there.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:...and I thought my screen is broken (or boarderline guideline)
...your screen? What do you mean? If your Lua isn't working, just make one screen.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:If he wants that specific week, does that give me three weeks?
Yeah, I guess it does.
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Unless you put in a multi-point.
Not really; there would have to be a multipoint practically every screen for it to be reasonable, though, much less be considered "too short." It's part of the reason I think we should just get someone to code savestates in Lua (using the SMBX 2.0 Zelda as a starting point).
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Edit: I do not understand where your screen is. The random Flashbacks that is. I do not think a relay is supposed to work like that. (You got the one section part, but you added warps into everyone's sections warping to your screen. It is unique and interesting, but I think it removes the concept of the relay.
To be fair, the player is warped back to the former screen not long afterward, and each segment is isolated so the player can't skip ahead.

And yeah, I know it's unorthodox, but that's why I wanted to go ahead and try it out: to see what others think about it.

As for where my screen is, it's before Ometeotl's screen (section 7), so start your screen there.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:...and I thought my screen is broken (or boarderline guideline)
...your screen? What do you mean? If your Lua isn't working, just make one screen.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:If he wants that specific week, does that give me three weeks?
Yeah, I guess it does.
I mean, my screen is is borderline on what is allowed. I find a flaw in your setup though. If you go to your screen from Zyglrox's screen, you will repetivly have yo do your area if you jump up left. I have to beat Screen seven I see (to see where it ends) My RNG code works though. I fell fear for when raocow plays this.

My avartar

Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I noticed that the ax in your screen doesn't do anything. When I checked it, I saw that you had put an event in "no more objects in layer." However, this doesn't work if there's only one object in the layer (or maybe someone put something else on the layer after you made your screen?). If you wanted the events to occur, you should have set the event to trigger on "Death." If you decided not to use those events, let me know because I just put them back in.
Gah... I thought that touching the Axe would trigger them! That's what I intended it to do. By the way... does the rest of the screen seem okay?
Also, do increase that delay. I don't mind this all being switched around for the sake of things working. I'm just happy to have something sort of playable...
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I find a flaw in your setup though. If you go to your screen from Zyglrox's screen, you will repetivly have yo do your area if you jump up left.
No you won't; that warp is on a layer that gets hidden as soon as the player teleports to my screen. You must have accidentally selected it, since selecting warps causes SMBX to put them on the Default layer regardless of whatever layer they used to be on. Re-download the level, then refrain from messing with my warps.

Edit:
Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:By the way... does the rest of the screen seem okay?
The Para-Goombas generate from thin air; not sure if that was intentional or not. Also, you had forgotten to put a lava tile over one of the Snifits (I know that you intended to do that since there was a lava tile above it), but I fixed that in my release.
Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:Also, do increase that delay.
*decrease, and don't worry, I already did that.
My SMBX portfolio:

Imaynotbehere4long

Almost forgot:
You also call the player "Mario" even though the player is Toad at that point in the level.
My SMBX portfolio:

Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Almost forgot:
You also call the player "Mario" even though the player is Toad at that point in the level.
Ahhaha... consistency was ever my strong suit. ...Actually, maybe you should leave that in. It's funnier if Bowser apparently has semi-character blindness. Or just force a change to Mario. (That's who I tested it as) I don't mind either way. How crazy Bowser is going to be is now in your hands.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Imaynotbehere4long

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:It has been a week; how's your screen coming along?
My SMBX portfolio:

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:It has been a week; how's your screen coming along?
School stuff, and computer issues. I am also allowing someone to make one of the RNG segments of my screen out of respect because of a promise I made. It will be long before my three weeks are up.

Edit: The screen is ~25% done.

Edit 2: Okay, I would say I am around 39% done with my screen, but someone made 25% of it (1 full screen) and I was working on the lua code for it. You will have a bad time if you are unlucky with RNG, you will hate me. The easiest screen possible so far gets a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 on difficulty from the person who made it. (not me).

My avartar