(shouting)

SNaPaN-MaGL X - HUB PART 1!!

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Re: SNaPaN-MaGL X - Detailed Results Pending

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Absurd second star? ;P My level only had one star, but it could be reached though either path.

Edit: And then you tried to "Fix" it? That's the problem right there! :P

Or did it actually throw off the star count or something?
:pal: Image :pal:

Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

The problem is that if you put two stars on the same layer of the same section, it doesn't work properly. Pyro fixed it so that each path leads to a different star by separating the sections. As long as there are two stars in your level placed, that's what it'll be counted as. If it wasn't your intention, apologies from both of us.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SNaPaN-MaGL X - RESULTS!! HUB SOON

Post by snoruntpyro »

RESULTS!

Overall the contest entries were super good! The hub will be up in a few days, depending on how the development of the postgame goes. I also need to add in a few Lua things. Now the results!

13th -

Skulldug13 - skulls mean bad medicine

- 12.33 (3/23/11) **EVERYBODY'S LEAST FAVOURITE**
Pyro:
Total: 3/70
Personal Fun Factor: 0/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 1/20
Music: 1/5
Graphics: 0/10
Level Name Adherence: 1/15
Comment: Atrocious. Absolutely fucking atrocious. The level looks like vomit, with random reused MaGLX1 assets (RANDOM METROID FUSION COMPUTERS), and the music is all directly lifted from X1 as well (besides like, two tracks). On top of that, the second star is absurdly stupid (jump off the cliif in the too many forts section?!), and the level is just an unfun trainwreck in general. Also, you're told someone wants to meet you on the second floor, but you never get to the second floor, and suddenly you're fighting Luigi. And the level talks about drugs. The "skulls" on the medicine don't even remotely look like skulls. Also, fun fact: This level was unbeatable in its submitted state!! The SMB1 cross blocks in the secret section were added by me. They were not there before. The jump was impossible. Just...fucking awful.

Ivy:
Total: 23/70
Personal Fun Factor: 4/20
Music: 3/5
Graphics: 3/10
Level Name Adherence: 12/15
Comment: I have too much to say about this level, so I'll just say nothing.

Pichu:
Total: 11/70
Personal Fun Factor: 3/20 points
Other Person Fun Factor: 2/20 points
Music: 3/5 points
Graphics: 1/10 points
Level Name Adherence: 2/15 points
Comment: this level literally hurt my soul

12th -

Mabel - Oh no. Oh GOD no. It's the biggest SMBX forum signature ever. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.

- 17.33 (9/33/10)
Pyro:
Total: 9/70
Personal Fun Factor: 1/20
Music: 2/5
Graphics: 1/10
Level Name Adherence: 4/15
Comment: i ded it. i savd teh wurld.

Ivy:
Total: 33/70
Personal Fun Factor: 5/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 2/20
Music: 5/5
Graphics: 8/10
Level Name Adherence: 13/15
Comment: There was little running for your life involved. The music didn't seem to be configured properly but I gave the soundtrack a listen and it was definitely appropriate.

Pichu:
Total: 10/70
Personal Fun Factor: 1/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 2/20
Music: 1/5
Graphics: 1/10
Level Name Adherence: 5/15
Comment: finally, a level that touches base with my innermost fears

11th -

pholtos - Never submit passwords through Google Forms.

- 23.33 (25/34/11)
Pyro:
Total: 25/70
Personal Fun Factor: 8/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 4/20
Level Name Adherence: 3/15
Comment: :3

Ivy:
Personal Fun Factor: 12/20
Graphics: 6/10
L.N.Adherence: 9/15
Total: 34/70
Comment: Can't sink into the white block 7/10 remake. Plagiarism -100/10. Cuteness factor +7063. The level name is obviously an abbreviation which stands for "New Super Pholtos Twins: Gliding Freely," but unfortunately only one Pholtos was playable.

Pichu:
Total Score: 11/70
Personal Fun Factor: 4/20
Graphics: 2/10
Level Name Adherence: 1/15
Comments: oh that waaa-a-a-a-aaacky pholtos

10th -

Mikkofier - 40 Minutes

- 36.33 (25/35/49)
Pyro:
Total: 29/70
Personal Fun Factor: 9/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 5/20
Music: 4/5
Graphics: 7/10
Comment: It's a fun little romp while it lasts, and that's just fine in my opinion. Needs more 40 minutes though. skypehausmemes.mp4

Ivy:
Total: 49/70
Personal Fun Factor: 15/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 9/20
Level Name Adherence: 14/15
Comment: I can't resist the mushroom gorge song. I get hyped every time I hear it. Not to mention 40 minutes hype on top of that.

Pichu:
Total: 35/70
Personal Fun Factor: 10/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 5/20
Graphics: 5/10
Comment: Adorable

9th -

louiejub - Factory

- 36.34 (32/53/24)
Pyro:
Total: 32/70
Personal Fun Factor: 7/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 7/20
Level Name Adherence: 10/15
Comment: Really nice use of vanilla graphics here! I'm also glad you made a sort of research factory level without completely flooding the level with text. But it ended so quickly!! What was there was really well-made and fun, but there just wasn't much of it! Good job!

Ivy:
Total: 53/70
Personal Fun Factor: 16/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 14/20
L.N.Adherence: 14/15
Comment: Big fan of the pseudoscience and unique aesthetics intermingling islands and concrete!

Pichu:
Total: 24/70
Personal Fun Factor: 7/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 6/20
Graphics: 4/10
Comments: This level was interesting. I like the flavor and the hint at an interesting backstory going on, but there’s very little substance and each area hardly has anything interesting going on besides the atmosphere. Interesting musical choices but some of them don’t really add to the atmosphere, particularly the lava area’s felt out of place. The graphics are a nice use of vanilla but they often feel cluttered and don’t have a consistent palette or theme. Also, to be honest, when I think of factories I don’t really think of test facilities, but maybe that’s just me?

8th -

Dog in Da Grass - Terms of Service

- 38.33 (36/45/34)
Pyro:
Total: 36/70
Personal Fun Factor: 5/20
Level Name Adherence: 15/15
Comment: It looked pretty bland, and it wasn't a very meaty level, but it followed the name very well. Too well, in fact. Wondering where that stupid 2nd star is? Read the terms of service. Yes, I did look inside the level file. Sorry!!

Ivy:
Total: 45/70
Other Person Fun Factor: 9/20
Comment: Found the hint right away, I'm a good little ToS reader. Nice concept, but the rebel path could have been fleshed out more! 100% name adherence for the fact that the level exits when you choose to disagree.

Pichu:
Total: 34/70
Personal Fun Factor: 9/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 10/20
Level Name Adherence: 9/15
Comment: Okay okay, the actual level level of this is pretty meh, feeling like bland cookie cutter SMW level design. The ‘joke’ here though, the second half of the normal exit caught me off guard and I appreciate it. The second half is really confusing until you realize what’s going on though, and it’s too easy to die in the office imo. I really dislike the method for getting the second star, haha. I’m glad I found the Mario block by accident. The graphics and music were unremarkable but not bad.

7th -

Minnakht - Sunken Sanctuary

- 39.33 (35/58/25)
Pyro:
Comment: While the first star doesn't offer much, the second star is one of the most clever second stars I've ever seen. Rather than saying this is absurd, I'm blaming it on me not paying attention. I did have to look inside the lunadll.lua file, but once I saw the solution in there I felt super bad because it's honestly really clever. I can't imagine someone other than me being all like "wow cool" about a math-related second star, though...

Ivy:
Total: 58/70
Personal Fun Factor: 18/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 16/20
Comment: I get a brutal thrill watching my frozen ice cube enemies rise to the surface and shatter, killing others along the way. I got less of a thrill realizing I had to do math. Never thought I'd be typing 254 with Mario's body.

Pichu:
Total: 25/70
Personal Fun Factor: 5/20 points
Other Person Fun Factor: 8/20 points
Music: 2/5 points
Graphics: 2/10 points
Level Name Adherence: 8/15 points
Comments: I… I don’t really get it? The graphics were pretty sloppy, the music was just… there, and the whole experience was pretty confusing. It’s interesting tech but the gimmick for the second star just felt like a chore rather than a fun experience.

6th -

S1eth - Obligatory Touhou Level

- 47.33 (44/51/47)*
Pyro:
Total: 44/70
Other Person Fun Factor: 6/20
Graphics: 10/10
Comment: For what IS actually here, it's amazing. The level looks FANTASTIC, the visual effects are super neat, and the parabeetles are really cool too! But it ends so quickly! I'd love to see a finished version of this level in the future :3

Ivy:
Total: 51/70
Personal Fun Factor: 8/20
Graphics: 9/10
L.N.Adherence: 15/15
Comment: I thought this was unloseable, but then I actually played as Peach instead of mario and did it haha. What a neat gameplay mixer-upper! Some of the bullet patterns seemed damn near guaranteed damage, but I'm just not particularly good at this kind of stuff in the first place. Really solid programming job; even the HP can go above the 5 star initial amount!

Pichu:
So. Pichu couldn't judge this level because OPENGL. I was able to do it with unexplainable black magic. So for Pichu's score I just averaged the other two scores. Sorry S1eth!!

5th -

sedron - Google

- 49.66 (50/64/35)
Pyro:
Total: 50/70
Personal Fun Factor: 17/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 11/20
Level Name Adherence: 8/15
Comment: This level got really creative with its platformy setups (Yoshis at the beginning, the firebars)! The whole gimmick of the level kept the gameplay of the level constantly changing and unique while keeping a feeling of connected-ness. I liked the flavor text, too!

Ivy:
Total: 64/70
Other Person Fun Factor: 18/20
Comment: Sensational! I like that you managed to get some good name adherence with "Google" without making one of those 4th wall types of levels.

Pichu:
Personal Fun Factor: 11/20
Comment: Man, this level had great potential. Each of the level ideas were interesting but… it felt like each section just kind of ended. They were short, tight, threw out interesting ideas and didn’t overstay their welcome, but they just didn’t feel like much. Of course, their short nature made it so that replaying the level wasn’t a chore, but they were just unsatisfactory. The graphical theme is very eye-pleasing, and the music choices are fine but they get repetitive. Also, to be honest, the google thing just seemed like a lazy way to tie level ideas together without really taking advantage of the title :/

4th -

Friendly Dictator - Nobody Knows What It's Like To Be a Shy Guy

- 53 (60/51/50) **PYRO'S FAVOURITE**
Pyro:
Total: 60/70
Personal Fun Factor: 18/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 13/20
Graphics: 10/10
Comment: PLAYABLE SHY GUY!! :3 The level had a really great charm to it, and you made the Birdo fight at the end actually pretty interesting without changing much! Also SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME KNOWS ABOUT ALL NIGHT NIPPIN MARIO BROS, WHAT

Ivy:
Personal Fun Factor: 14/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 11/20
Comment: I hope we see more of dimension Z-86 some time in the future.

Pichu:
Total: 50/70
Comment: I might’ve had more fun in this level than I should’ve! Although it was pretty rompy I really liked it :) Interesting and fun spin on the level title, good taste in music although maybe not extremely fitting, perfect tileset choices and very cute enemy resprites, and a surprisingly tricky yet fun Birdo fight! Make more levels please :D

3rd -

Questionable Man - The Monster at the End of This Level

- 54.33 (52/59/52)
Pyro:
Total: 52/70
Other Person Fun Factor: 12/20
Level Name Adherence: 10/15
Comment: This is the kind of level that I'd like way more than most people, because it's a really platformy-based level with a lot of tough but reasonably doable jumps. There are a couple finicky things here, like that podoboo jump at the end with the firebar and Hammer Bro. There were some really neat things here, like the jumping Grinders here or that adorable Thwomp resprite :3. The second star was kind of unneeded, but it was funny!

Ivy:
Total: 59/70
Personal Fun Factor: 16/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 16/20
Comment: I was predicting Toad's descent into blind rage at Mario, making him the true monster all along. I'm glad I was wrong, and that the second star put him in a more friendly light.

Pichu:
Total: 52/70
Personal Fun Factor: 13/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 17/20
Level Name Adherence: 8/15
Comments: Man, this level was honestly really fun! Learning each new obstacle was, just… fun! The varied and consistently interesting design coupled with the perfectly fitting music and consistently bright and happy visuals is just the recipe for enjoyment. The writing was pretty funny too! The only thing was that, well, this level was a bit too hard for my tastes. As much as I enjoyed learning an obstacle and then being able to quickly run through it afterwords, I died too much to not get a bit frustrated. But hey, you made a podoboo jump not annoying :D

****2ND PLACE**** -

Dragon Fogel - Haunted Skies

- 54.66 (51/54/59) **PICHU'S FAVOURITE**
Pyro:
Comment: I really like the whole "ghosts vs. skeletons" war going on through the whole level, and there was a lot of charm to it! The whole communication is down side switch thingy is kind of forced and nonsensical, but I really shouldn't be complaining about storytelling in a SMBX level. The Paralars gun and flamethrower were really funny, and the zero-gravity skull rafts were neat. However, the actual level looked kind of bland, just clouds over a SMB1 night background, with a ghost house at the end. The resprites were neat, though!

Ivy:
Total: 54/70
Comment: Winner of the "Make a Spoopy Level" contest. Music could've been spoookier in certain circumstances.

Pichu:
Comment: Really fun and goofy to boot! Loved the music and graphical choices, love the dialogue, love just about everything about this level :D

********1ST PLACE******** -

Lunatic Quark - Time, Space and a Chocolate Chip Cookie

- 55.33 (62/59/45) **IVY'S FAVOURITE**
Pyro:
Total: 62/70
Personal Fun Factor: 19/20
Comment: WOW! This level was ADORABLE!! The gimmick with the time portals was pretty neat, and the antigravity beams were used very well, especially in the second half! SUPER great job!!

Ivy:
Personal Fun Factor: 19/20
Other Person Fun Factor: 15/20
Comment: This level made me super happy. I'm glad that changing the past worked out nicely and didn't retroactively remove Sheath's cookie from ever existing.

Pichu:
Total: 45/70
Other Person Fun Factor: 12/20
Level Name Adherence: 11/15
Comment: I liked this level, it was pretty fun. Although it was mostly the same music throughout, it worked. The graphics were a little sloppy but it didn’t get in the way of enjoyment too much. The writing was silly but it worked, and I thought the interpretation of the name was pretty neat! Also I liked the multiple worlds gimmick a lot, with what each one presented.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Dog In Da Grass wrote:Absurd second star? ;P My level only had one star, but it could be reached though either path.

Edit: And then you tried to "Fix" it? That's the problem right there! :P

Or did it actually throw off the star count or something?
The issue was that you put two star objects, so it appeared as 2 stars in the debugger instead of one. Also you put like a bajillion normal stars in the star vault and I had to fix that too. :oops:

STREAM ARCHIVE
SECRET EXIT GUIDE
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

HOW DID I NOT GET LAST PLACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Image Image
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

Commentary on my level:

"Weirdest thing I could make"? Really? That's not it at all. Weird would be like the random Wart projectiles or similar.

My level was an exercise in having a "puzzle" with a random solution. I don't think it's possible to make randomization like that in vanilla - if you just make a lot of choices, it's fixed which one's the correct one, and thus you can just know by being told. Once found, it remains found.
Here, the methodology is fixed, I don't know what it'd take to have random methodology, but the answer is random, so you have to go looking for it if you want to get the secret exit.
It's really more of a tech demo than anything. Blame procrastination. I guess I could've had a better idea for a random solution puzzle, too, but I didn't. I'm not good at making puzzles. It takes an evil mind to make a complicated puzzle. Puzzle barely looks like a word by now.

Imagine Dog in the Grass's level, but with like 30 character switch blocks resprited to all look the same, only one of them is a Mario block and you can only hit one and it says in the ToS which one is right, different every time.

Also SMB3 graphics because that's what I roll with when I can't make chocolate graphics (and I rarely can, for lack of skill). The non-vanilla music is from a Professor Layton game, because puzzles.

Also I agree Ivy underwater ice flower is fun.

I hope you like it and play SNaPaNX
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

pholtos your password isn't very secure
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ivy wrote:pholtos your password isn't very secure
D:
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

I'm surprised that I didn't get last with how much I rushed it, haha~

Glad to see that, had time been on my side, I had a neat concept going. :D
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Yes. I finally got to see my level played on the internet! :roll:

What does "2 munchers" stand for in terms of difficulty? Because I thought my level was, as Ivy stated, "unloseable".
I personally couldn't die unless I tried very hard to. Did something break? (you have 7 hits, and even if you fall in the bottomless pit, you just take damage and don't die)
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

S1eth wrote: What does "2 munchers" stand for in terms of difficulty?
Medium difficulty. The bullets were pretty difficult to dodge. I just went off memory, which just made me think of the crazy bullet patterns, in hindsight the level just took like 5 minutes to beat so I'll change it to one muncher (easy).
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Pikabread wrote:The problem is that if you put two stars on the same layer of the same section, it doesn't work properly. Pyro fixed it so that each path leads to a different star by separating the sections. As long as there are two stars in your level placed, that's what it'll be counted as. If it wasn't your intention, apologies from both of us.
Yeah, it was because I only wanted one exit. in hindsight I should of removed the "secret" star and just of used the regular one for both exits.

Also this is still really good for me despite only working on this level for one afternoon. I didnt have time to add fancy graphics or flesh out the level design but it worked out for what it was!
:pal: Image :pal:

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Wow, I did way better than I expected. Some comments.

The basic idea I had here was "ghost-and-skeleton war over the skies". The main point of the arbitrary side switch is so that you can encounter both types of enemies. I also wanted both sides to provide you with actual help, so the ghosts give you a gun that shoots ghosts and the skeletons give you a skull raft. I turned the gravity off on the skull raft and liked the results.

The secret ending isn't very complicated in concept; you just have to get all the Dragon Coins. Not hitting the switch for the ghost gun gives you a shoe when you reach the dinosaur skeleton, which I found helpful for getting the one after the midpoint. I don't think it's strictly necessary, though. That said, the main reason I did it was that I realized the first half was perfectly doable without the gun, so I figured I'd provide a reward for doing that.

Most of the sparkles are to indicate hidden platforms. There are a few under platforms that are event triggers, which is how I can have a Dragon Coin appear after collecting all the red coins while still being on the same layer as the other Dragon Coins.

The event-triggering ones are supposed to disappear after their event activates, though, and they did when I tested it. Don't know why they didn't here.

I kind of threw this together, but it was fun to make, especially putting in the various mechanisms for the secret ending.

Also, whoops, apparently I put the fiery Paralars for the boss fight in backwards? Sorry about that.

I'm glad people had fun playing my level. I don't think it was my best work, but I'm glad I made it anyways.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Ok, level commentary time:
I was going to use Mama always said life was like a ?-Block. You never know what you're gonna get. as a name. The level would have featured hitting certain ?-blocks that would send you into all sorts of wacky situations.
Then I noticed the deadline wasn't as long as I thought, panicked, then made a level with a penguin instead.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Mikko's would've been my second choice for a favorite, honestly.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

I guess I can do a bit of creator commentary.

This level was originally going to be longer and contain more secret areas. The low-density room was going to be the standard for the length of each "test", and each half of the level would have two tests to speak of. I already knew that I didn't have time to do any custom graphics since I joined the contest late and my computer situation wouldn't let me, so I used my knowledge of vanilla graphics to create some (hopefully) nice environments.
The room with the saws and roto-disc that connects the outside area to the midpoint room was supposed to be placed between each test as a connector, but time restraints prevented that.
I was originally going to do a few more layer things to give the level more variety, but it was too late. I tried to make the two floating layers that I had work in different environments, thus creating the molten and magnetism rooms.
I knew that, since I had such limited time, I needed to do something to add more flair to the level. I love Wario Land 4 and its music, so I worked around some of my favorite tracks from the game. The last room uses a song from the Genesis version of Aero the Acrobat, which I always thougt sounded really desolate yet tranquil, so I decided to use it in the under-construction magnetism room that was still somewhat untouched by the factory.
The story was admittedly tacked on in a final effort to tie-in the factory theme. The good thing is that I didn't overdo it, haha~
I dunno if you showed it, but there was going to be more hidden rooms like the one you find by going up the pipe with the vine growing out of it. However, once again due to time constraints, they were never implemented.
Hopefully that gave you some insight on my thought processes behind the level! I liked designing it overall, but it's far from my best work. Maybe I'll go back to it as a bonus thing when I have a lot of time to make levels and fix it up to make it how it was meant to be.
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Now that I got to watch the whole video
Pyro wrote:I'm disappointed in these people who just submitted super simple names.
"Sunken Sanctuary" and "Haunted Skies". That's me. Be disappointed.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Do you have a list of the submitted names hanging around somewhere?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

pholtos wrote:Do you have a list of the submitted names hanging around somewhere?
Oh man I totally forgot! Here you go! Minus the lyrics from whatever that 8flight put in there.

Personally, I Believe Soldexus is a Very Enriching and Yellow Experience. I Captured That Here.
Waluigi does his thing
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Pyro and Pichu should just kiss already omfg
butts.zip
40 Minutes
"Can you arrest me if I do THIS" Umbra says as he jumps the heck out of the window
Skypehaus 2.0
Needless Reptition
Pholtos' Misadventures
Terms of Service
Its Boss Time Mr. Guy
Hello my name is raocow and I destroy the world and everything inside
SLNaTMaGLOoOotTSNC
??? ??? ??? ???
Obligatory Touhou level
Obligatory Joke Level
It's No Use
If Mario was made by Sonic 06 Dev Team
Google
Yo-Yos Take Over Pallet Town
THE BURNT TOWER WAS BURNT OFF BY FIRE
I AM... I AM A MONSTER
YOU WILL GET LUXURIOUS PRIZE AFTER WON OVER 6 MEN
skulls mean bad medicine
Mario's Bizarre Adventure
Sword of 3 Mortgages
Achieving Gnosis
Finland
Attack of the puns
On this day, Link learned to talk.
The journey of Zyglrox Odyssey
some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
Verdant Sky Temple
Sunken Sanctuary
Viaduct
Cataract Climb
Sylvan Satellite
Haunted Skies
Factory
8-1
The Garden of Forking Paths
peanut
You've Gotta be Squidding Me!
Do the Bunny Hop in Gensokyo
metal gear VI: feat. chargin' chuck
The Wonderful Wizard of WA!
Quick, Get in the Car Kids! The Groose is on the Loose!
A Totally Non-Suspicious Fort
An Unexpected Detour in the Land of Hyrule
Ice Climbers' Revenge!
An Old Hagfish Walks into a Bar
Jowey Castle
I Love Shoplifting When It's Nice Out Like This
Too Many raocows On This Mother******* Internet
MLG Swag Bros
Time, Space, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie
Eternity Plateau
Mnemonocyst Bearers
Round Six
Infinity Express
The Monster At The End Of This Level
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend Me Ten Bucks
for (var death = 0; death = infinity; death++)
Everyone! Get in here!
The Trees are Ripe with Cats
DO THE MARIO
Perhaps I should have abstained from this purchase
Behold! It's the Pew Pew Machine!
The path to Moriya Shrine, without danmaku
See, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things...
No One Knows What It's Like to be a Shyguy
PREPARE FOR CRABNAROK!
The Scariest Level I Could Make. :I
I Have NeverMet a Luchador I Didn't Like.
no fun allowed
The Level That Doesn't Use Blocks
Seinfeld's Nightmare
Lunchables
It's Time To Slam Now
Bird
Everyonez a funky-ass balla up in tha Book of tha Dead hommie! It aint nuthin but just dat tha prize is pretty shitty
Chaos Doggy Den
a sick level
:monstrosity:
Now I've gots a gangbangin' finger-lickin' dirty-ass shield. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Da most manliest of all tha powers
Back up in My fuckin Dizzle They Imagined up in Gamelon
Da drizzle up in Spain stays mainly up in mah dome
MaGLX1: The Anime
Behold! There is an update to one of my past levels! Play!
I was mostly wondering if the newest vi episode had vaginas the size of heads
Are You Smarter Than a SMBXer?
Oh no. Oh god no. It's the biggest SMBX forum signature ever. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
raocow has weird dreams.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
The Greatest Innovation in the History of SMBX Has Been My Use of Rainbow Bullies in This Magical Netherlands Level.
Mozambique
Tanzania
the magical call centers of india
pyro is such a yandere guys omfg
Blaargs Do Not Come From The Talkhaus. Where The Heck Where You Raised To Think That? They Come From The Basement
Actually, It's About Bandage Girl in a Typical Wesnoth Game.
Horikawa and raocow Meet At Last
Oh, oh, Gravity Falls, it is good to be back! The name's Bill Cipher! And I take it you're some kind of living ventriloquist dummy? Haha! Just kidding, I know who you are, Gideon!
The Great Gatsby 2: Greater Gatsby
Donald Trump Castle
Politicians Do Not Come From The Ocean. Where The Heck Were You Raised To Think That? They Come From the Cemetaries
Bees? BEES? Bees.
Dreamland's River of the of River's Dreamland
super mario maker will destroy the world
John Madden
The Most Memorable Moment of My Life Was My Encounter With Golden John Arbuckles In Michigan on Tuesday.
1920 in baseball
Anal Bibles
Members of the Victorian Legislative Council, 1886–1888
Winnie The Pooh, Winnie The Pooh. Chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff. He's Winnie The Pooh, Winnie The Pooh. Willy, nilly, silly old bear.
Moonbase Alpha: Now Known As Moonbase Beta.
the ion king
and that's how pokemon was born
it started when a lone japanese man was so lonely he began talking to his eggs
Make A Good Little Pony(MAGLP)
Why is You and Who are Me
A Ride Under the Jungle (Literally Under It)
The Hanging Gardens of Hades
Down By The Docks (And Other Aquatic Regions)
Tap-Tap the Tap-Tap the Tap-Tap
Hyakki Yagyo (Night Parade of Hundreds Demons)
Mama always said life was like a ?-Block. You never know what you're gonna get.
This is a G-rated level
Mario and Luigi finally do the Fusion Dance
Are you sure this was a good idea?
It costs 400.000 coins to play this level for 10 seconds.
There you go. If he says, "lets go eat ice cream", you say...
The Skies of Eientei
Tumblr
Back In My Day, There Were no Savestates
Make A Sheath Level X
Slowbeef and raocow meet at last
HAHA! Meta Level
Shoutouts to my Homeboy Top Ramen
Anime was a mistake
SMBX was a mistake
talkhaus was a mistake
Have you ever been so mad that you threw a mother brain into another mother brain?
Its 4AM and I've lost control of my life
Intelligence is not always everything. In fact, in your case, it's nothing!
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

i totally missed a nice opportunity :(
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Ivy
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Donald Trump Castle and Anal Bibles would've been interesting
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Suddenly I regret not submitting Round Six as the full name, "Round Five: Round Six".

If you're going for references nobody will get, might as well go all the way.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Commentary for my level:

Image Image
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I started typing this forever ago and then I got tired halfway through and forgot to continue it until now, oops!
Oh man, my level won somehow?!?!?! I was super duper not expecting that! I'm super glad peeps enjoyed it though. I almost gave up on this and saved it for A2XT because I got burned out toward the end and didn't have time to complete everything a I wanted, but the deadline extensions toward the end convinced me to push through.

The inspiration for this level came sort of late in the contest. I came up with the general plot of Sheath following a cookie through a mysterious portal fairly early on and knew at least one location would be in space, but I didn't figure out the main gameplay or how to incorporate the time part of the name until the last week. One of the previous ideas I thought of was a level where you alternated between space and different time periods (like prehistoric, ancient egyptian, colonial, future, etc.), but I felt like the level would drag on for too long and I wasn't particularly excited about making a level with that many sections and that required that many custom graphics.

I wanted to use the time portals a lot more in the level, but I ran out of time due to the aforementioned burnout. That's probably the main reason why I didn't expect this to rank so high. The part with the shop mini-sidequest was something I couldn’t let go unfinished though. One idea I had was breakable blocks in the past that would make things either easier or harder in the past, but vice versa in the present. I really wish I had found a way to implement those looking back. Another idea I had was a section with two paths and a switch before them, unblocking either path and you would have to choose one to go through in the past, then later be forced to go through the one you didn’t choose in the present. (The explanation for this would be an alien kid telling you that one day the switch block won’t work anymore and that one day they want to get up the courage to hit it once before it stops working.) Also on that subject, it was supposed to be implied that the ice blocks in the past would melt over time, but I forgot to put an NPC to hint that, oops! Maybe it works better without the explanation though? I dunno

The secondary gimmick of Link’s fairy-on-ladder shenanigans was something I thought of because I figured as long as I was using Sheath, I could find a way to use obstacles unique to her. The section with the three long horizontal lasers wasn’t originally a reference to a certain game, but I realized it seemed similar to that fight after I had come up with the idea. I wish the angular flying podoboos were a thing back when I was making this to complete the theme. I put rupees in front of the banzai bills to give a heads up of where they would be, and I tried to put the first one a bit further back so that the player would have the opportunity to recognize that that’s what the rupees signified. I made the middle rupee red as sort of a reward for the player in case they wanted to risk getting close to the banzai bill’s launch point. I don’t remember if Pyro showed it off, but there’s a conveyor belt below that section set to 32x speed that will whooooooosh the player back to the beginning of that section if they fall.

Sheath's general silence was partly due to the fact that I didn't really feel confident writing for her, and partly because I was referencing A2XT Sheath who was mostly silent.

The only lua I used was a script to make the rainbow blocks auto-adjust to the right color on level startup because I’m lazy and didn’t want to place all of them individually. I also used a character filter, but it looks like that wasn’t necessary.

Also to clarify, it’s not that I don’t like my level, I just really wasn’t expecting it to do so well, haha. Super flattered and glad it did though!

also here are the names I actually submitted:
You've Gotta be Squidding Me!
Do the Bunny Hop in Gensokyo
The Wonderful Wizard of WA!
Quick, Get in the Car Kids! The Groose is on the Loose!
A Totally Non-Suspicious Fort
An Unexpected Detour in the Land of Hyrule
Ice Climbers' Revenge!

and here's what happens when you forget in your code that SMBX locations can be negative:

btw,
Ivy wrote:as a reward to the small few who participate i will make extra cute userbanners for the winners (:
:3
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Re: SNaPaN-MaGL X - HUB!!

Post by snoruntpyro »

Hey that reminds me.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

(postgame is still missing though)