(shouting)

MaFAB Relay Level(Closed.)

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^

Pick a name yall~

Bloopsloonch Stage: Drangar Korquabeh Eepee War - Mah-rah-ooh (No Gluing Banal Ogre Birds)
14%
mah ba nal stage ooh rah no whut ing kor dran gar og sloonch re bloop war ee birds glu pee qua beh
2%
Ooh, Ogre Trainee War. What Be Saloon's Stage Babe? Mah General Quarry Boy Gluing No Bloop Birds.
48%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Dran. What Be Saloon's Ogre?
7%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Wutdransloonch Berahog
19%
restagenaleeog basloonchbloopgluooh rahnogarwhutmah birds war loring dranpeebehqua
10%

Total votes: 42

sedron
im proud of you kid

Re: MaFAB Relay Level(Halfway mark Edition)

Post by sedron »

Wow, has it been 24 hours already?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7teji204zigsm ... y.zip?dl=0

It hopefully doesn't have any bugs or issues, seeing as all I did was add a room of vanilla SMBX stuff. I was getting an error message every time I tested or stopped testing the level from the minute I got the file, so I dunno what's up with that (I just kind of ignored it, I know nothing outside of vanilla SMBX so it's for the best.)
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

sedron wrote:Wow, has it been 24 hours already?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7teji204zigsm ... y.zip?dl=0

It hopefully doesn't have any bugs or issues, seeing as all I did was add a room of vanilla SMBX stuff. I was getting an error message every time I tested or stopped testing the level from the minute I got the file, so I dunno what's up with that (I just kind of ignored it, I know nothing outside of vanilla SMBX so it's for the best.)
Just tested it and it all looks fine; you probably have an outdated lunalua or library or something.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Weird Goonie wrote:You can sign me up if there is still a slot left.
Its your turn!
Image Image
Weird Goonie

Re: MaFAB Relay Level(3 quarters, one more and i have a dollar?)

Post by Weird Goonie »

Awesome, I'm starting on it now.
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

are we allowed to do a danmaku? I know I requested this for the actual relay, but would it also work here? From what I understand, It is a string of screens to make multiple bosses... A boss relat? Would a danmaku boss be allowed as well? If so, is there a forum limmit if we do that?

Edit: also, without stars, how will multiple cheeckpoints work? I may be a skiled SMBX player, but can you clarify that?

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Edit: also, without stars, how will multiple cheeckpoints work? I may be a skiled SMBX player, but can you clarify that?[/color]
I wrote some Lua code a while ago that uses a few tricks to allow multiple working midpoints (they act exactly as regular midpoints, with a few extra features). It's packaged into a library, and is being used in a few places already, including both relays.

If you want to know the details, it essentially uses a trick by triggering code when you collect new "midpoint" objects, which cause the regular midpoint to teleport onto the player's location. It also saves data to the LunaLua data files. When you load the level, it checks whether you are coming in through any of the midpoints (by checking if you are loading from a regular midpoint or just starting the level), and then reads the saved data to work out which midpoint you collected most recently, and spawns you there.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Hoeloe wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Edit: also, without stars, how will multiple cheeckpoints work? I may be a skiled SMBX player, but can you clarify that?[/color]
I wrote some Lua code a while ago that uses a few tricks to allow multiple working midpoints (they act exactly as regular midpoints, with a few extra features). It's packaged into a library, and is being used in a few places already, including both relays.

If you want to know the details, it essentially uses a trick by triggering code when you collect new "midpoint" objects, which cause the regular midpoint to teleport onto the player's location. It also saves data to the LunaLua data files. When you load the level, it checks whether you are coming in through any of the midpoints (by checking if you are loading from a regular midpoint or just starting the level), and then reads the saved data to work out which midpoint you collected most recently, and spawns you there.
thank you, but I will leave it to you all...

Also, someone messed up with quoting a colored message...

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Weird Goonie

Post by Weird Goonie »

Done:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/731 ... Goonie.zip

Note: I changed the npc-87 (flame) without realizing at first it was used elsewhere, so it can be changed back if necessary.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Woah is it actually my turn already? If so, uhh, expect it in the next couple days (probably the weekend). I took last for a reason.

If not, carry on.
does thag mean I get the last screen, or I should say, Last Boss?

My avartar

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Woah is it actually my turn already? If so, uhh, expect it in the next couple days (probably the weekend). I took last for a reason.

If not, carry on.
Well 2(now 3) still have to go before you, so not quite yet.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: does thag mean I get the last screen, or I should say, Last Boss?
you can go next, keep in mind we are running short on events so do be wary of that
Image Image
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Mabel wrote:

If not, carry on.
Well 2(now 3) still have to go before you, so not quite yet.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: does thag mean I get the last screen, or I should say, Last Boss?
you can go next, keep in mind we are running short on events so do be wary of that
Can you get me the level? I can use PGE to moderate my event numbers! I can make an easy boss in a danmaku style if need be. Or I can use as many as I can? Explain that! Can you send he file over skype?

My avartar

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Can you get me the level? I can use PGE to moderate my event numbers! I can make an easy boss in a danmaku style if need be. Or I can use as many as I can? Explain that! Can you send he file over skype?
This is the current level. You can do whatever, but It'd be nice to save some events for Horikawa too, and anyone else who might want to join the level later.
Weird Goonie wrote:Done:

Note: I changed the npc-87 (flame) without realizing at first it was used elsewhere, so it can be changed back if necessary.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Willhart wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Can you get me the level? I can use PGE to moderate my event numbers! I can make an easy boss in a danmaku style if need be. Or I can use as many as I can? Explain that! Can you send he file over skype?
This is the current level. You can do whatever, but It'd be nice to save some events for Horikawa too, and anyone else who might want to join the level later.

By anything, can I record it?
Edit: there are 77 layers an 83 events right now...
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

My avartar

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Willhart wrote:

By anything, can I record it?
Not sure, since it will be part of a reward type thing. You should probably avoid recording sections that others have made. Also there are actually three people in line behind you already. I failed to notice two that had postponed their turns for a later time.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
You can record it, but don't upload it until after raocow plays it. So probably not until October or November.

Leave plenty of events. If you use too many events or graphics, your section will be altered or removed.

Also please make it doable. Your submission for the SMBX Forums relay was *WAY* too much. Please note people will have to beat about 20 phases of a boss to even *RETRY* your section. It should be beatable *ON THE FIRST TRY BY THE AVERAGE PERSON*. If you do something too much like you did on the SMBX Forums relay, your section will be removed. Your section should take less than a minute or two to beat completely.[/quote]

okay, I will just make a laser dodging section then... I will not do to much! I would t at least record my section though! Should I go ahead and make my section since I got the file already...?

My avartar

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
You can record it, but don't upload it until after raocow plays it. So probably not until October or November.

Leave plenty of events. If you use too many events or graphics, your section will be altered or removed.

Also please make it doable. Your submission for the SMBX Forums relay was *WAY* too much. Please note people will have to beat about 20 phases of a boss to even *RETRY* your section. It should be beatable *ON THE FIRST TRY BY THE AVERAGE PERSON*. If you do something too much like you did on the SMBX Forums relay, your section will be removed. Your section should take less than a minute or two to beat completely.
okay, I will just make a laser dodging section then... I will not do to much! I would t at least record my section though! Should I go ahead and make my section since I got the file already...?
Mabel wrote:
Yes, if you want to. It is your turn now.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Willhart wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:

Also please make it doable. Your submission for the SMBX Forums relay was *WAY* too much. Please note people will have to beat about 20 phases of a boss to even *RETRY* your section. It should be beatable *ON THE FIRST TRY BY THE AVERAGE PERSON*. If you do something too much like you did on the SMBX Forums relay, your section will be removed. Your section should take less than a minute or two to beat completely.
Mabel wrote:
Yes, if you want to. It is your turn now.
thanks, but I am having trouble figuring out how this level works... I have trouble figuring out where to go after I beat a specific person's section... Hard to add to something if I can not figure it out...

My avartar

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Which boss is it?
If it's Kirby, that's as far as the level goes right now. You're free to transition to the next boss in whatever way you want from that room.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Dragon Fogel wrote:Which boss is it?
If it's Kirby, that's as far as the level goes right now. You're free to transition to the next boss in whatever way you want from that room.
It's 2 bosses after kirby actually (sedron and Weird Goonie just did their parts)

(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

I have been making mine in section 15!

Also, weird Goonie's area is part of the two Kirbys apparently...

The biggest limit is not the events and layers's it is the maximum difficulty I am allowed to do that is limiting me... i rarely make a level easy!

My avartar

FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
...OOOOH I didn't even realize. wow.
that's a hilarious pile of bosses btw WeirdGoonie

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

FrozenQuills wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
...OOOOH I didn't even realize. wow.
that's a hilarious pile of bosses btw WeirdGoonie
People were allowed to continue previous bosses too, by adding another phace to them. I foresee this causing some work with the credits order later, if no one has written down the location of each contribution.
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

The biggest limit is not the events and layers's it is the maximum difficulty I am allowed to do that is limiting me... i rarely make a level easy!
Consider it a challenge.

We're not loosening that restriction.
I sent my level over skype to Horikawa

My avartar

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:MECHDRAGON777

Consider it a challenge.

We're not loosening that restriction.
I sent my level over skype to Horikawa
Horikawa told you not to do that and told you to upload it and post it here, which you will do like everyone else because Horikawa is not running this contest.

Mechdragon said he may need until about midnight or so CST to get it done, so he'll go a bit over the 24 hour limit. I told him this was fine.
I said I get home at midnight CET! It will also take a while for me to find someone to upload it as well... Any Specific site?

My avartar

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

You can upload using mediafire,mega,dropbox,puush, or shareX
Image Image