(shouting)

A MAGL X2 Prediction Thread

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Zygl

Re: A MAGL X2 Prediction Thread

Post by Zygl »

I predict my MAFAB entry got at least one Monstrosity Award. My guess would be Horikawa's.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:
Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:I predict my level won't be in the second episode.
Yes! Now let's see if I can get a streak up: I predict my level will not be in the third video of the series.

Even though, again, some of the things in garbage town were technically better.
Okay, Nathan, you'd have to be crazy to predict that you won't be in the fourth video so now it's time to positively predict which one you will be in.

Nathan the Talkmaus's level should be in the fifth video.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I predict my boss made it to the 2nd half and my level is somewhere late first half maybe.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Nathan the Talkmaus

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:Nathan the Talkmaus's level should be in the fifth video.
Of course your streak of good guesses ends now. The judges must have really liked that level.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Watch, it'll turn out to be the next level and he only stopped where he did today in order to prove you wrong.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Nathan the Talkmaus

Dragon Fogel wrote:Watch, it'll turn out to be the next level and he only stopped where he did today in order to prove you wrong.
But even still, 6 > 5.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

gutsy prediction here: if my level isn't in MaGL X2 Episode 2, it's in the last area of MaGL X2 Episode 1
:nb_pride:
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

I'm gonna be surprised if my level appears in the second half. I think it's level design is good enough for a first level, but looking back on it, I felt like it's a bit tedious, especially at the beginning and "close-to-the-end" parts.

For now, predicting 199-100.
"That's embarrassing"
Nathan the Talkmaus

Dragon Fogel wrote:Watch, it'll turn out to be the next level and he only stopped where he did today in order to prove you wrong.
Well, it wasn't the next level but it was in the next video.

So two years in a row I make a level, procrastinate a bunch, and wind up near the end of World 1.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote: So two years in a row I make a level, procrastinate a bunch, and wind up near the end of World 1.
Am I the only person who actually started on their level near the beginning of the contest, and didn't just procrastinate the whole time?
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Hoeloe wrote: Am I the only person who actually started on their level near the beginning of the contest, and didn't just procrastinate the whole time?
I did the same, and even submitted early.
(Oh yeah I remember yours was broken before everyone else)
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I spent about 85% of my time on my level brainstorming ideas over the course of weeks.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Hoeloe wrote: Am I the only person who actually started on their level near the beginning of the contest, and didn't just procrastinate the whole time?
Nope.

Uuh...I predict I'll be in the top 250. :3
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

I worked on my level to some extent every day from signup to the deadline, all those...4 days.
momo

Post by momo »

I predict the judges will like my sections of the level and not like Septentrion's
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Hoeloe wrote:Am I the only person who actually started on their level near the beginning of the contest, and didn't just procrastinate the whole time?
Nope, I also got mine submitted and processed before the GREAT SUBMISSION RUSH OF 2015 struck.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I poked around with the editor for a few weeks, then I put together a sloppy test level, then shortly after that I was suddenly a whirlwind of productivity. It took me... three or four days before I was satisfied with the overall shape of the level? Then a few days of sending it around for testing and tweaking it. I was pretty far into the submission period, but I beat the last-minute wave.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Hoeloe wrote:Am I the only person who actually started on their level near the beginning of the contest, and didn't just procrastinate the whole time?
I actually didn't really procrastinate this year. I worked on it for the first week or so then took a break to concentrate on other things and came back to it a few days after finishing those other things and kept working on it until I finished.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I signed up right away and worked on mine slowly throughout the whole month :1 No procrastinating happened here.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

I think I got my names as early as possible, then thought about what I wanted to do until about a week or so remained. Finished tweaking the level with a couple days to spare.

It felt like I was procrastinating to some extent, but at the same time, waiting actually helped- it allowed me to really get a good grasp of what I want to achieve before I tried to make anything. It's very tough for me to scrap or even rework anything that I've already made, even if it's something that clearly needs to be thrown out. If I started building the level right away, it would probably be very different, and much, much rougher.

...as far as predictions go, I'm expecting to see my MaFAB entry by World 5, maybe 6. Thinking back on it, I'm not very confident at all anymore... ^^;
I don't really get it but okay
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

The favourite level counterpart of the Monstrosity Award will instead have Meat Boy doing his trademark thumbs-up. Because that would create a dichotomy between the little meatman protagonist of Super Meat Boy - a game widely hailed as "a shining example of Difficulty Done Right™" and "a good game" - and the big meaty-looking wall of ewwww enemy from the, uhh, much less beloved Soldexus.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

I'm predicting my MaFAB entry got the Horikawa Poop Banner.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic (optimistic?), but my boss' gimmick barely worked.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

Who else is a bit nervous that Horikawa's and Sturg's "Poop Banners" for MAGLX2 levels haven't popped up yet?
"That's embarrassing"
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I started my level before the contest even existed 8-)
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I did small things here and there throughout the month, but my productivity didn't really ramp up until the last week (as per usual for me)
Jayoshi wrote:I started my level before the contest even existed 8-)
*gasp* you don't mean you...

time traveled

do you?!