(shouting)

KCX 2 - Results! Full Episode is out now!

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Re: KCX 2 - Results! Hub Soon.

Post by FrozenQuills »

I'm curious as to how the tie was broken between Ivy and me actually.
Also it looks like Mech having trouble on my level turned out to be a good thing.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

FrozenQuills wrote:I'm curious as to how the tie was broken between Ivy and me actually.
Also it looks like Mech having trouble on my level turned out to be a good thing.
Ties are broken based on the harder level.
your level was much harder so it scored higher
Image Image
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Awesome! Didn't much expect third either, let alone bested by my friend by ONE POINT! x3 All's good, glad the experiment was a success!
:pal: Image :pal:

ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Oh man 4th! I'm happy with that placement, and I had a lot of fun making my level. I'm disappointed that the puzzle in the secret exit was easily broken, spent quite a bit of time on that :lol: . Can't wait to see the hub!
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

How much time do I have to get my levels and sprite to you?

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Ah wow... top Mabel-score but 10th place, haha. Well, I'm pleased my level struck a chord with some, hah :lol:

Interesting... I'll be curious to see the other levels upon the hub release, given some of those scores and comments... particularly those two three places :)
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

My Main level is almost done, I just hope I do not have to make a video on this level since I do not want to beat it again until a long time from now! hope raocow will be recording these levels!

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Dog In Da Grass
Woof!

I kinda want to apologize to raocow for what my level might do to him but at the same time I think it'll probably be best to just let my level do its thing.

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Dog In Da Grass wrote:I kinda want to apologize to raocow for what my level might do to him but at the same time I think it'll probably be best to just let my level do its thing.
If my levels get done, he will not find any of the secret stars without cheats! I have more then four or five secret stars in my level and you know that is high for a Kaizo level!

My avartar

7NameSam
hey

Post by 7NameSam »

So, raocow is let's playing this contest?
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

I refuse to believe that I managed to get 2nd place in this contest with this only being the second SMBX level I've ever made. But hooray! I beat Dog by ONE POINT!

Though I actually think it might be because Mecha might have gotten one of my older submissions of my level considering the fact that the Gray/Yellow Switch room is possible and I have beaten it myself a few times (also midcat in that area isn't broken because I tested it too). In the older version the room was a LOT more picky in timing and I only beat it once by sheer luck. Also it looks like Mabel beat it just fine with much dying, so welp!

Glad to know that I have some talent in level design! Even though it's not really fair level design!

Who has the most?
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

I am not sure if I am allowed to say this, but my Kaizo level has more then six stars in it...

My avartar

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I am not sure if I am allowed to say this, but my Kaizo level has more then six stars in it...
it's your contest; you can divulge whatever info you deem fit
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Ivy wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I am not sure if I am allowed to say this, but my Kaizo level has more then six stars in it...
I am a judge, not a host... I would like to release a video of my level! I am asking Mabel if I can Say the name and the video of the original! (The video has been public for who knows how long)

My avartar

Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Ivy wrote:
I am a judge, not a host... I would like to release a video of my level! I am asking Mabel if I can Say the name and the video of the original! (The video has been public for who knows how long)
I dont really care, I just need everything thats going into the postgame PMed to me.

so uh, kindly get on that. ;P
Image Image
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Man, we should all make a collaborative level in the postgame like in MaGL where every room is made by a different person. Except every room in this case would be a Kaizo room!

Sheer insanity.

Who has the most?
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!

Katazuki wrote:Man, we should all make a collaborative level in the postgame like in MaGL where every room is made by a different person. Except every room in this case would be a Kaizo room!

Sheer insanity.
Lol, I'd be up for that x3

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Dog In Da Grass wrote:
Katazuki wrote:Man, we should all make a collaborative level in the postgame like in MaGL where every room is made by a different person. Except every room in this case would be a Kaizo room!

Sheer insanity.
Lol, I'd be up for that x3
If we did that, you would not beat mine easily! I would appreciate that! Who would start, you Mable?
Mabel wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Ivy wrote:it's your contest; you can divulge whatever info you deem fit
I dont really care, I just need everything thats going into the postgame PMed to me.

so uh, kindly get on that. ;P
My level for the Post game is called "Icy Mix Xtended" and I believe has 8 stars (or more) currently. It is an extended version of
and is the hardest level ever made in SMBX. I have tested every part of the Extended version, and will do a video on it as well. The Extended version has these features.
  • Hardest level made.
  • Requires all five characters.
  • 8+ stars.
  • Every discovered glitch in SMBX excluding two.
  • All Ice Physics.
Here is the first section:
[/color]

My avartar

7NameSam
hey

Post by 7NameSam »

I'm down for a kaizo Relay level! Yeah!
(also, how is that hub coming along?)
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

7NameSam wrote:I'm down for a kaizo Relay level! Yeah!
(also, how is that hub coming along?)
Missing my two levels and avatar and sprite, so their is also that!

My avartar

Moosh

Post by Moosh »

I didn't win! Woo!

Honestly I'm glad my level was too easy instead of unfair. I think good Kaizo design is kinda like a game of chicken. I may have yielded too early, but at least I'm not dead. :P

Also holy cow Mechdragon's level is crazy! Well done!
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Moosh wrote:I didn't win! Woo!

Honestly I'm glad my level was too easy instead of unfair. I think good Kaizo design is kinda like a game of chicken. I may have yielded too early, but at least I'm not dead. :P

Also holy cow Mechdragon's level is crazy! Well done!
Thank you, it is almost done as well! All I need is a custom graphic for a bomb and to test section 9. I also have to make the Secret exit even harder because it is way to easy! So thanks for the compliment. I made section 1 harder since that screenshot by the way!

Why are you happy you did not win?

Also, Mabel: Does the "Hardest level award" go only to a participant, or are our levels allowed to be included in that counting as I think mine would qualify...

My avartar

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I hope you are not overdoing this. It would be nice to get this before Halloween, since I'd like to show my level around before then. Like this has been held back for quite a while now. Like you probably should not start designing a completely new section at this point anymore?
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Willhart wrote:I hope you are not overdoing this. It would be nice to get this before Halloween, since I'd like to show my level around before then. Like this has been held back for quite a while now. Like you probably should not start designing a completely new section at this point anymore?
I am not adding another section, I am fixing another section! I would not be able to finish both of my levels before Halloween, but I will try my best! I guess I can submit my tutorial level with most of the glitches required, but mine would be hard since it uses every known glitch in SMBX except two!

My avartar

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Could an early release be possible then? I'd like to see the other levels already. The non-contest levels could always be updated to the hub when they are ready, and properly tested/made.