Hey! It's one of these again! I'd say more, but it's getting late and I want this up before I go to bed. I probably made a mistake and will fix it tomorrow if I did.
This contest has 60 songs. 49 songs appear in a published video games, 9 songs are remixes, covers, or arrangements of video game music, some of which may or may not have appeared in ROM Hacks , and 2 are intruders (one of which is a remix, so technically there's 10 remixes)
Scoring is the same as in previous contests, which a twist for the gimmick:
- 2 Points for a correct answer
- 1 Point for a half-correct answer (eg. correctly guessing the series, but not the exact game)
- 9 Bonus points for correctly guessing which 9 tracks are Remixes/Covers/etc., 1 point each (no bonus points for Remix Intruder)
- 5 Points for correctly guessing the intruders
- 2x Points for having the only correct answer (not including the intruders)
I'm doing the same thing I did six years ago when I hosted this before, to make things easy on me:
- You may only ask for 1 hint per track
- Each contestant is allowed 3 hints without penalty.
- You will be deducted 1 point for every hint after 3
- You will be deducted 3 points for every hint after 7
- Some hints may be useful, some may not; Take caution on how you use them!
- While there's no restriction on how many hints you can request, Don't be that guy and request a hint for every track
- You may request hints via PM, Discord message or this thread
To play, simply send a PM or Discord message to me. Feel free to send as many as you need. If you change your guess for the intruder, I'll accept your latest guess (so if you first guess #3, then say in another PM it's #46, I'll take #46 as your guess), but I won't accept multiple guesses in 1 PM (so no "it's either #54 or #12")
Deadline is October 14th.
Good Luck and Have Fun.