That's right, folks, it's time for another talkcordhaus Video Game music guessing contest, hosted by me this time around. It's been a few years since the last time I had hosted one, but I think I've learned from my past run and hopefully recall enough to be hosting this one. All forum and related forum discord members are free to take part in this contest, both new and old. But anywho, without further delay, I'll sum up how this contest works :
There'll be a playlist of 60 video game song snippets! I've decided the gimmick this time around is - SRPGs/TRPGs! So there will be 50 vgm songs from varying game genres and 10 vgm songs from strategy/tactical RPG games that I've highlighted myself. If your wondering what specification of SRPG/TRPG I mean, then the best way to describe it are the ones that have a grid/tile based playing field with RPG mechanics or elements mixed in. Please send your guesses through PM/DM to AmeijinMayo on talkhaus and Mayoh on Discord, while for participants from the patapon spotzone can send their DMs to SAJewers who will relay them back to me (thanks again, SAJewers!).
- 2 points will be awarded if you guess the exact game the song comes from correctly!
- 1 point will be awarded if you guess the right series the song comes from!
- Some songs may appear in more than one game, but you'll need to inform me of the exact game the song comes from for the full 2 points.
- You can gain an additional 1 point if you guess whether or not the song was from a SRPG/TRPG that I've highlighted. You can only guess 10 of the songs, so guess wisely!
- Your points are doubled for one song if you manage to nail the song's game or series solo(aka you were only one to know)!
- 5 points to anyone who can identify the intruder song, which doesn't appear in any game at all! I hope you trigger the right flag to recruit this secret character!
- Please feel free to ask for a hint through PM/DM to help in identifying the song.
- You may ask up to 2 hints, penalty free!
- -1 point if you ask 3-6 hints
- -3 points if you ask for 7 hints or more
- EDIT - The point penalty for hints has been reduced, so breathe easy and feel free to ask for hints
- Note - asking me for more hints on the same song will still add to the hint counter, so please be weary!
- The deadline for the contest will be May 25th @ 10 PM MST Extended Deadline - May 27th @ 7 PM MST
- You're free to swap out guesses for songs before the deadline.
- But for what you've chosen on what the SRPG/TRPG songs are, those will be set in stone, so choose wisely!