look i know we're largely past the "mario is dead" memes now but it gave me a gimmick idea so please play along thx
So yeah, hi! This is my first time hosting a talkhaus contest! And last time was my first time entering a VGM-guessing one! But I had a lot of fun! So hopefully I've gathered a good enough idea of how this all works from the shadows!
Anyway, there are 60 tracks of 30 seconds each for you to identify. To submit your answers, please either PM me on the talkhaus or DM me on Discord. (As it says under my avatar, my Discord name is Zeal. I'm at both the discordhaus and the patapon spotzone.)
- If you correctly guess the game a song is from, you earn 2 points.
- If you correctly guess only the series, you earn 1 point.
- There is one intruder song not from a video game. Correctly identifying it will earn you 5 points.
- You get double the points for a song if you're the only person to correctly guess the game or series.
- 8 songs were chosen based on the premise "Mario is gone". These 8 songs fall into two separate categories of 4 songs each. Yes, I'm being very vague about what this means.
- You're free to mark any 8 answers with an [M]. If you correctly mark a track connected to the gimmick, you get an extra 1 point.
- If you can identify the rule for either of the two categories, you get 5 points. If you can identify both, the second is worth 8 points. I suspect one of the rules is significantly more complicated.
Feel free to PM/DM me if you'd like hints for any of the songs! The hints may be abstract, but you're always able to ask for more hints for the same song (though that does add to the hint counter). And on that note:
- Your first three hints are free, with no penalty.
- For hints 4-6, you lose 1 point for each hint.
- For hints 7 and beyond, you lose 3 points for each hint.
The deadline for this contest is May 10, 2021 at 2:00am EDT.
You're free to change any of your answers before that point, even if you already submitted something.
So, without further ado!
Lastly, if you have any questions, just let me know! I probably missed something simple, since I've never done anything like this before. ^^;