Looks like it’s already time for the...
Hm? Why is the next VGM contest already here so soon? Well, this was the time period I was told by the higher authorities to set my rendition of the contest in motion! ‘Late August to early September’ was my choices, so I decided to go a tad bit later than early September.
Anyways, by now, I’m sure you know how this will work out. There’s going to be a playlist of 30 second video game tracks! And your objective is to PM (or DM on Discord) Katazuki with your guesses on which video game the track comes from! We’re reverting the playlist size back to 50 tracks for this contest!
Anyways, it's time for the obligatory explanation of rules and reg- wait, what's this?
Now, I'm sure Katazuki wouldn't mind this at all. If anything, I bet he set it up this way on purpose. But because of this, I'm going to have to add a new gimmick to this contest. So let's review the rules and regulations, shall we?
- 2 points are awarded if you guess the exact game the song comes from correctly!
- 1 point is awarded if you only guess the correct series the song comes from!
- Some songs may appear in more than one game, in which case they will also count towards either category. Be aware though, that if the song is remixed in any way, you have to pinpoint the exact game in order to get the full points!
- Points awarded are doubled for one track if you're the only person who guessed the correct game or series!
- 5 points are awarded if you identify the intruder song that doesn't appear in any game at all!
- Cats have been replacing certain songs in this playlist, and I want you to find out which ones they are! The songs you should be looking for are songs that relate directly to cats. For example, if the song was Cactus Carnival from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, then that would be a cat song as this song is Taokaka's theme.
- No, I'm not going to require you to identify the cat associated with the song, all I want you to do is add a little cat emoji () on the track you're guessing on if you think that the song relates to a cat in some way.
- 1 point is rewarded to each correctly guessed track labeled as a cat song.
- -1 point is deducted if the song is incorrectly labeled as a cat song. So don't slap a cat emoji next to every guess unless you want a possible negative score in this contest!
- No points are earned if you label a track as a cat song correctly, but get the track guess entirely wrong!
- These points are not included in the point doubling pool if you're the only correct answer for the track!
- There is no penalty if you don't label any song as a cat song. So if you don't feel up to partaking in this gimmick, then don't! No extra points earned, no points potentially lost either! Enjoy the VGM contest as is!
- For those of you interested in the gimmick though, there are 13 cat songs in total! See if you can find them all!
- If you're having trouble identifying the game, PM me asking for hints!
- You can ask for 3 hints for any track on the list without penalty!
- -1 point is deducted per hint on your total score after 3 hints!
- -3 points are deducted per hint on your total score after 7 hints!
- Be mindful that some of the hints I give may not make sense immediately! You can always ask for more hints for the same song though, in which I'll then progressively make more sense.
- Asking for multiple hints on the same song will still add to the hint counter, so be aware!
- The deadline of this contest is October 4th @ 9 PM EST!
- Before the deadline hits, you're free to change your answers!
- However, if you mark a song as an intruder, you cannot change that answer!
So! Without further ado!
Download the entire playlist here! (WARNING: This is a direct download!)