smbx communityirc.cat.biomario fan games galaxy

Talkhaus VGM Guessing Contest UNLUCKY NO.13!?!™

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Katazuki
Fluff n' Stuff
Pronouns: that guy

Talkhaus VGM Guessing Contest UNLUCKY NO.13!?!™

Postby Katazuki » 6 days ago

Looks like it’s already time for the...
Image Eeyup! Looks like I’m set to host this rendition of the VGM contest! The name’s Kuro! Nice to meet cha’! I’ll be Katazuki’s public speaker while he works behind the scenes!

Image Hm? Why is the next VGM contest already here so soon? Well, this was the time period I was told by the higher authorities to set my rendition of the contest in motion! ‘Late August to early September’ was my choices, so I decided to go a tad bit later than early September.

Image Anyways, by now, I’m sure you know how this will work out. There’s going to be a playlist of 30 second video game tracks! And your objective is to PM (or DM on Discord) Katazuki with your guesses on which video game the track comes from! We’re reverting the playlist size back to 50 tracks for this contest!

Image Anyways, it's time for the obligatory explanation of rules and reg- wait, what's this?
Image Oh no! This is bad! It seems that this contest isn't subtitled 'UNLUCKY NO.13!?!™' for nothing! It seems that cats have started running amok in the contest area and replaced some of the songs on the playlist!

Image Now, I'm sure Katazuki wouldn't mind this at all. If anything, I bet he set it up this way on purpose. But because of this, I'm going to have to add a new gimmick to this contest. So let's review the rules and regulations, shall we?
~~~
Scoring
  • 2 points are awarded if you guess the exact game the song comes from correctly!
  • 1 point is awarded if you only guess the correct series the song comes from!
  • Some songs may appear in more than one game, in which case they will also count towards either category. Be aware though, that if the song is remixed in any way, you have to pinpoint the exact game in order to get the full points!
  • Points awarded are doubled for one track if you're the only person who guessed the correct game or series!
  • 5 points are awarded if you identify the intruder song that doesn't appear in any game at all!
The Gimmick
  • Cats have been replacing certain songs in this playlist, and I want you to find out which ones they are! The songs you should be looking for are songs that relate directly to cats. For example, if the song was Cactus Carnival from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, then that would be a cat song as this song is Taokaka's theme.
  • No, I'm not going to require you to identify the cat associated with the song, all I want you to do is add a little cat emoji (:cat:) on the track you're guessing on if you think that the song relates to a cat in some way.
  • 1 point is rewarded to each correctly guessed track labeled as a cat song.
  • -1 point is deducted if the song is incorrectly labeled as a cat song. So don't slap a cat emoji next to every guess unless you want a possible negative score in this contest!
  • No points are earned if you label a track as a cat song correctly, but get the track guess entirely wrong!
  • These points are not included in the point doubling pool if you're the only correct answer for the track!
  • There is no penalty if you don't label any song as a cat song. So if you don't feel up to partaking in this gimmick, then don't! No extra points earned, no points potentially lost either! Enjoy the VGM contest as is!
  • For those of you interested in the gimmick though, there are 13 cat songs in total! See if you can find them all!
Hints
  • If you're having trouble identifying the game, PM me asking for hints!
  • You can ask for 3 hints for any track on the list without penalty!
  • -1 point is deducted per hint on your total score after 3 hints!
  • -3 points are deducted per hint on your total score after 7 hints!
  • Be mindful that some of the hints I give may not make sense immediately! You can always ask for more hints for the same song though, in which I'll then progressively make more sense.
  • Asking for multiple hints on the same song will still add to the hint counter, so be aware!
Deadline
  • The deadline of this contest is October 4th @ 9 PM EST!
  • Before the deadline hits, you're free to change your answers!
  • However, if you mark a song as an intruder, you cannot change that answer!
~~~
Image Whew! That was quite a lot of words to get through, but it's finally time to get to the good stuff!

Image So! Without further ado!
~~~
OK! Now Begin!

Download the entire playlist here! (WARNING: This is a direct download!)

Bean

Re: Talkhaus VGM Guessing Contest UNLUCKY NO.13!?!™

Postby Bean » 6 days ago

Here we go again!

Parama

Postby Parama » 6 days ago

i have positively identified 3 out of 50 songs but two of them are cat songs so i might not get dead last
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Postby Picochilla » 5 days ago

i am ashamed that i played track 10 a lot and still i can't recall the Games Name <.<
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 5 days ago

I like how you picked obscure songs from not-so-obscure games

but I don't like how they are almost the only ones I got

Also there are a few that I vaguely remember from MADs or MVs so they are going to be I M P O S S I B L E to find

Lespna01

Postby Lespna01 » 4 days ago

I think I know the first two, and I am positive on the second one. Also, have any of the songs been edited or had parts taken out or been enhanced?
#19 seems familiar, but last time they did that, it was a weird game that I never played so I don't know if that was meant to be intentional or if it could be in more than one game. It seems really familiar, but like I said I don't know enough of them so I don't want to spend my hints unless I think I have an idea, and then you give me a really weird quote or something, but do we just PM you on the one we need a hint on? All the other ones don't make any sense so I don't want to get last place again.

Katazuki
Fluff n' Stuff

Postby Katazuki » 3 days ago

Lespna01 wrote: I think I know the first two, and I am positive on the second one. Also, have any of the songs been edited or had parts taken out or been enhanced?
#19 seems familiar, but last time they did that, it was a weird game that I never played so I don't know if that was meant to be intentional or if it could be in more than one game. It seems really familiar, but like I said I don't know enough of them so I don't want to spend my hints unless I think I have an idea, and then you give me a really weird quote or something, but do we just PM you on the one we need a hint on? All the other ones don't make any sense so I don't want to get last place again.
Aside from adjusting the volume for some of them, none of the tracks have been altered.

And yes, you can PM here or DM me on Discord if you want to submit answers or ask for hints.

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Postby Xirix » 2 days ago

Why do I do this to myself... I recognise so many but my brain isn't telling me what from, good job there's over 2 weeks to mull it over...

Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Postby Nabe » 2 days ago

I figured out song #51 because it had lyrics, but I felt bad... So here it is for everyone to level the playing field.

Katazuki
Fluff n' Stuff

Postby Katazuki » 2 days ago

I don't know what dimension you came from but #51 was obviously the intruder song.

This song was actually almost going to be the intruder song.

Lespna01

Postby Lespna01 » 2 days ago

You should have had the song where they go, "Meow", "Meow", but i think that one was already used in a different contest. Like I said before, I only think I know one or two for sure. I'm afraid to get last place even w/the hints.

Lespna01

Postby Lespna01 » 1 day ago

You said none of the tracks were changed or altered except for the volume so is any part cut off from any of the tracks or do they start at the beginning and play for 30 seconds?

Lespna01

Postby Lespna01 » 1 day ago

You said none of the tracks were changed or altered except for the volume so is any part cut off from any of the tracks or do they start at the beginning and play for 30 seconds?

Also, if I have more guesses or change my mind, should I update the list or once I guess a song, do you like have a database or something where you keep track of the guesses?

Katazuki
Fluff n' Stuff

Postby Katazuki » 11 hours ago

I have a database where I record the guesses. Also some of the samples do not start at the beginning of the actual track.

Return to “contest center”