(shouting)

Running Lunadll

aterraformer

Running Lunadll

Post by aterraformer »

I apologize for posting a thread for this but I'm not really sure how to figure this information out. I set up my flagpole but I have no idea how to get the lunadll coding to actually work. I also need it for the sky bloopers in my 0-1 level. If someone could let me know how to activate it or lead me to a tutorial, that would be awesome. Thanks!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Kil

Re: Running Lunadll

Post by Kil »

Lunadll doesn't control the flagpole. Someone else will have to explain that one because I don't know.

To activate lunadll just make a file named lunadll.txt in your folder and put this in it

Code: Select all

ScreenEdgeBuffer,0x011C,2,1,0,0,0
FilterReservePowerup,0,0,0,0,0,0
PlayerMemSet,0,0x50,0,0,0,w
PlayerMemSet,0,+0x154,0xFFFF,0,0,w
#END
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Does the npc codes go in that file or in separate files?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Kil

Post by Kil »

I don't know but they certainly don't go in that file
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Kil

Post by Kil »

Right. If you want flying bloopers you can put that in there. Anywhere between the #0 and #END is fine.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

To make a flagpole, either open up the Flagpole level in the SuperbDemoSistersDemo folder (or something with a similar name to that, I'm going on memory), analyse how it was constructed (the signpost is of some help) and use the custom graphics for that level to help build it or just copy that level and construct the rest of yours around it. Either way you'll need to do some graphics editing to make some sprites invisible as the demo keeps them visible so you can see what's there and what it's doing. Basically it's invisible SMB1 axes all over the flagpole which trigger the same event as well as invisible SMB2 vines over the flagpole. Overlapping sprites can be done by putting them on separate layers and hiding the first while you build the other, as the sign mentions. It's not especially difficult, just a bit time-consuming.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I put the code where you said, didn't work

I copied the flagpole from 2-3 EXACTLY with the events, layers, and npcs for invisibility. didn't work
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

aterraformer wrote:I put the code where you said, didn't work

I copied the flagpole from 2-3 EXACTLY with the events, layers, and npcs for invisibility. didn't work
For the first one, a) are you sure lunadll.txt is in your level's asset folder, b) are you sure that you have the newest version of LunaDLL (should be linked in the discussion thread) and c) do you have vcredist (or whatever it's called) installed correctly? It doesn't always install correctly just with the devkit exe, so double-click it and install it again just in case.

For the second one, do you have any constantly looping events? They'll break the flagpole event sequence. Also, double-check that every single axe triggers the event upon death, because I forgot that my first time, and that the events have the "Player Movement" flags set as well as triggering the next event with the correct timing, because both are easy to miss.
Kil

Post by Kil »

does the demo counter show up?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

The newest lunadll goes in the kit folder? What exe file are you talking about? The only think I have going on is a rising platform generator and I doubt that is breaking anything.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

1) The LunaDLL itself (lunadll.dll) should be in the same directory/folder as A2MBXT.exe.
2) Make sure msvcr110.dll is also located there.
3) In the folder that accompanies your level (so a folder named 0-1), create a blank txt file called lundadll.txt.
4) Enter the code Kil provided above in to this .txt file.
5) When you run your level, the dll should activate.

Flags:
Without looking at your level, I can't say much. Assuming everything is copied perfectly, the likely culprit would be a looping event, as Shemp suggested. If you would like, just send me the level once its done and I can insert the exit for you.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I was not even using A2MBXT. I followed the steps and tried it with no change. I attempted with Lunar Launcher, it hasn't made any progress since I clicked level editor.. three times.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Honestly, no idea. If you want to send a copy of the level and its accompanying files, I'll take a look at it.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Alright, I'll just put both my levels in a zip file and PM them to you. It's probably some minor oversight.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Welp, fixed the sky blooper problem in 2 seconds.

Your lunadll.txt file was spelt wrong. You have it as "lundadll.txt"

Take out that first d and it works fine (for me anyways).

EDIT: And the flag problem is fixed too. You need to set the axe to trigger Exit1 via "Death" event. Right now, it does nothing. Fixed it and it works fine for me. Hope this helps buddy.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

That's odd. That's the way I had it originally but I guess Dr. Shemp had misspelled it and I tried that. Fixed it with no change and tried moving all the files around in all combinations I could think of. This is really lame >_<
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Still not working? The only problem I can think of then is either an outdated LunaDLL or not having it in the correct directory/folder.

Final version of LunaDLL

If its working, the Demo counter will appear in the top left corner of your screen while playing.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Delete lunar launcher, it's obsolete. Make sure you play with a2mbxt.exe. If you don't see the demo counter then lunadll isn't running at all for you.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Nope, unless you want me to press "start game" which tells me I'm dividing by zero. This is getting pretty frustrating. I cannot make this damn level if I cannot test it properly.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Did you happen to find the issue with my goal post?
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

The issue I found was with the axes. They aren't set to trigger "Exit1" event. Simply change their "death" trigger to "Exit1" and it works fine.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Okay, I think at least that works now.