(shouting)

Bugs, Testing, and Help (Oh My!)

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: Bugs, Testing, and Help (Oh My!)

Post by swirlybomb »

Apologies for being a total deadbeat.

It's probably too late to matter now (since Weston's already editing and putting stuff together?), but here were the super-quick thoughts I had:

1-1: I suppose most of it's fine; the slopes have already been brought up, the string of Furbas at the end is a free 3(!) lives, and that vine is hilariously out of place (doesn't lead to coin heaven, and is the wrong graphic). Cosmetic thing: there are background objects for the first couple screens, but none after that.

1-3: Pretty good; although wrong castles at the start/end (the start should be small, the end should be big), also a quarter-block too tall.

6-3: Powerups need to be Fire Flowers (already mentioned), but otherwise it seems alright I suppose.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Okay, things are just plain not working out anymore on my end. I don't know when something is going to start working either. Should I just post what I have with notes on what's left to do at this point? I feel like a total heel for even suggesting somebody should do my work for me, but... I just don't know how much longer it'll be until I can get the editor to work again. As it is, the level file is just kind of sitting around, worthless, until something changes.
I don't really get it but okay
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

swirlybomb wrote:1-3: Pretty good; although wrong castles at the start/end (the start should be small, the end should be big), also a quarter-block too tall.
What's a quarter-block too tall?
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Send me what you have Cheez8 and I'll make a working something out of it (even if I don't get the maze thing to work, I'll at least have something to sub in). There's no reason we can't work on it after the fact.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I changed the boxes to fire flowers.

Hope my terrible ideas about level design are ok.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

For anyone curious about beta testing, here's what I'm thinking...

Rather than post a beta for everyone to test, I'll instead PM a copy to whomever (Swirly and Shemp have both expressed interest) and that person will be free to make any changes (or keep a log) as they see fit. Once shipped back to me, I'll impliment changes if necessary and then send it to the next guy to do the same.

Please note that I haven't done a thorough fix of the beta yet myself; I'm simply ensuring its playable at this point, unless something REALLY bugs me (2-1 and 2-4 both needed substantial changes, for instance). So there will likely be a lot to touch up during testing.

Also, thanks Pholtos for the update. I realize now that I had a REALLY early version of the level.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

WestonSmith wrote:For anyone curious about beta testing, here's what I'm thinking...

Rather than post a beta for everyone to test, I'll instead PM a copy to whomever (Swirly and Shemp have both expressed interest) and that person will be free to make any changes (or keep a log) as they see fit. Once shipped back to me, I'll impliment changes if necessary and then send it to the next guy to do the same.
What advantage does that have over posting a beta normally? Aside from it not being open for any random person to see until it's done, I guess. Having one tester at a time sounds rather inefficient, though.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

It avoids too many hands in the pot. But if peeps just want an open beta, we could do that too. GROUP DECISION TIME!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I will take a neutral position and say anyone who wants to beta test ask for it.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

2nd on anyone who wants in to just post....

(I'd like to do some testing, please)
Image Image
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Doctor Shemp wrote:What's a quarter-block too tall?
The level boundaries; it's just a touch taller than minimum size, so there's a weird vertical 'jitter' when jumping and stuff.

If Weston's making tweaks and edits and stuff, he's probably already fixed this.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.