(shouting)

Level Signup Sheet

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Re: Level Signup Sheet

Post by Sturg »

i approve of me

You should also list the level names in the order that they'll appear in the game. At least, that would help me.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

So, everyone has confirmed their level.

Except tigermoon.

If anyone can reach him, please do so. If not, I'll be putting his level up for grabs within the next couple of days.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Since I found making my level to be quite quick/fun, I'd like to put it out there that I'd gladly take the place of anyone that backs out or otherwise doesn't follow through for their level(s); and/or I'd like to sign up for/participate in World 9 (if it actually exists).
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Welp, tigermoon has never confirmed his level. I kind of hate to take it away from him, but he's the only holdout. So unless someone can reach him, I'd say 2-3 might be available for ya'.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

Darn it all... lose internet for a few weeks and this happens...
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

tigermoon wrote:Darn it all... lose internet for a few weeks and this happens...
Sup buddy. If you're still interested, we can make room for ya in World 9. I'll gladly reserve a spot for you.
tigermoon

Post by tigermoon »

Sure, though it'll probably be something incredibly stupid.

Or the idea I had for my initial level. Not sure which yet.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Sorry, guy :( Hopefully my replacement makes you proud...!?

I'd like to reiterate my interest in participating in World 9, though you're probably already well-aware of that. And despite... well, what happened with tigermoon here, I'm also up for filling in for someone that's dropped out or absent if necessary.

Speaking of World 9, I was thinking that it'd be cool if custom graphics were involved in the same vein as the NES Lost Levels? Y'know, altered ground tiles and background objects... I think it'd be cool and make it stand out from the vanilla-flavored main game.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Since I am pretty much done with 5-2, may I do a late/post game level? Something kind of minus world but I suppose with the difficulty of letter worlds in Lost Levels haha. Don't worry, it will be short!!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Welp, maybe we should be jumping back into World 9 discussion.

I think what we'll do is the 8 Level approach as follows.

9-1: Overworld
9-2: Underground
9-3: Treetops
9-4: Overworld Snow
9-5: Underwater
9-6: Desert / Mushroom Tops (either one)
9-7: Overworld Night
9-8: Castle

The levels will be harder than the rest of the game. While we'll stick to the basic concepts of the main game, I think zanier gimmicks could work. Perhaps even outside elements (like the SMB: Lost Levels stuff, as suggested).

I'd say tigermoon gets dibs on his level choice first (if he wants to make a post game fish jump level, 9-6 is all his). Once he picks his, I'll say we open the doors and let others jump in (though I'm gonna be biased an totally give myself one of the levels).

Also, I'm taking the available 4-4 level. Totally forgot that was a thing. Gonna try and match the 7-4 gimmick. Yay for busy weeks!
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Sounds good! I wouldn't mind taking a level once we get everything under control.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

WestonSmith wrote:World 9
Right, have I already mentioned that I'd like to make a level for that? I legitimately don't remember, but uh, yeah, that sounds like a thing I'd like to do.
I think what we'll do is the 8 Level approach as follows.

9-1: Overworld
9-2: Underground
9-3: Treetops
9-4: Overworld Snow
9-5: Underwater
9-6: Desert / Mushroom Tops (either one)
9-7: Overworld Night
9-8: Castle
Come to think of it, a postgame-difficulty water level sounds like an extremely difficult thing to pull off. I'm not going to be all "oh man nobody's gonna do that better scrap it right now before anybody gets the chance to sign up for it" but if nobody actually does want to do it could we shuffle some stuff around and have the second-to-last level be a cloud level like Lost Levels 8-3? That sounds like a reasonable alternative.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm pretty sure the only way we're ever going to bother making a Superb Demo Sisters: The Lost Levels is if we decide that's what World 9 is.
Though that's also a true statement.
tigermoon

Post by tigermoon »

May as well officially sign up with my fishy level thing... Desert or Mushroom aesthetic, eh? Could be interesting...
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

9-8 tho...

I'll now have 1/3 of the castles in this gaem :lol:
Last edited by Mabel 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

If NOBODY wants 9-5, I can do it...............I guess
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Underwater Lakitus may be an interesting challenge. Or maybe I'm just obsessed.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

oh hey i didn't sleep through level claiming time
...9-2? Torn between it and 9-3, but I'm leaning a bit toward 9-2 at the moment so I'll go with 9-2 before I have time to be indecisive.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Opening post updated to show clearly who has what level claimed.

All levels are listed as incomplete. To be marked as complete, please PM me a link to your level. But please, PLEASE do not edit your level after you have done so. Make sure you are happy with your submission first. I will be doing light edits on levels to ensure things like proper exits, levels linking together, not too many coins, etc. and it will be SUPER annoying to have to re-do them after you have made revisions.

EDIT: Also, I did a quick tallie of levels that have been submitted for testing. Only 18 out of 32 have been sent in. Still a week to go, but I find those numbers a tad discouraging. There's no time like present peeples!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I was going to finish my level this weekend (i already got a bunch of it done) but i dont know if thats going to be able to happen due to, my real life things... if i dont do it this weekend ill probably end up submitting at the last minute or something dumb
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

I think I rather extend the deadline then have folks drop out. We'll see who comes out of the wordwork this week.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I'll do 9-4 and be a dick with very small ice platforms. A fair dick but a dick nonetheless. And maybe a Lakitu since I can't resist.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly

Post by swirlybomb »

Ack, only two levels left! I suppose I'll go for 9-7, since I feel like I technically already did a treetops level (2-3).

However, if Mabel or Clemasterable wanted to design something other than a castle/water level (probably not, if they went ahead and claimed them :v ), I could swap with someone.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I claim 9-3.

Gonna be fun.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Is world 9 going to be the last? If so, I'll take 9-6 and scrap my original idea. Can firebars be used outside of castles? I was thinking of using them in my minus/letter which would have been outside but there would probably be different rules for a world 9. Maybe I just haven't read enough threads for this. Would really like to make a second level though!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

aterraformer wrote:Is world 9 going to be the last? If so, I'll take 9-6 and scrap my original idea. Can firebars be used outside of castles? I was thinking of using them in my minus/letter which would have been outside but there would probably be different rules for a world 9. Maybe I just haven't read enough threads for this. Would really like to make a second level though!
I actually went ahead and gave you 0-1, the Minus World. Go crazy in there.