(shouting)

Superb Demo Sisters

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Re: Superb Demo Sisters

Post by swirlybomb »

Well, the idea was specifically to use the A2MBXT devkit and show off all the 'default' resources in it, because most of A2MBXT uses custom stuff, right? So I think it'd make sense to keep it in the same installation and not have to make it a separate one. If individual level lundll.txt files works (it's primarily just copying the same file into each folder, except for the ones that add something different), then I see no reason not to roll with it.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

cheez8 wrote:Personally, I get the feeling that this project and the ASMBXT projects are very different in nature, to the point where it would be almost an odd one out being included in the same menu as the A2MBXT episodes. I don't see a problem with having it as its own thing, separate installation and all.
Thing is that for many people the number of installations of the same engine is getting ridiculous. Someone could potentially have:
  • SMBX
  • STTB
  • ASMBXT
  • A2MBXT
all on the same computer already. There's talk among some people of having different installations now for each A2MBXT episode, plus I think the new STTB will be a different installation again, so if we do (potentially) a separate installation for each SDS game then the amount of hard drive space wasted on redundant repeat installations is ridiculous.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

^ exactly. I'm gonna end up having SMBX, ASMBXT, A2MBXT, STTB1+2, STTB2.5 and my own collab that I'm working on somewhere, that's six already, i dont want any more ;_;
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Okay yeah that's true. Good point.
I don't really get it but okay
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I also had a thought that it would be neat if someone who was good at graphics did edits of the overworld and overworld night backgrounds to look a bit snowed on for the snow levels. Nothing too drastic so it doesn't clash with the rest of the project, just something to make it a little more fitting to the level.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

That actually sounds like a good idea, although I don't know who would do that.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Which Backgrounds specifically?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

The overworld background is 2-11. Overworld Night 2 seems to be a combination of 2-9 and 2-10 done in the engine itself, so probably just edit 2-10.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Would it be possible to have the bullet bills do the arm moving thing like in SMB1 All Stars?
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

So are the peeps who worked on the project gonna get fancy signature thingymajiggers? If so, who's gonna make 'em?
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Someone on the smbx forums actually found a better lunadll code to disable spinjumps than the one I thought of.

PlayerMemSet,0,0x120,0,0,0,w

On one hand, it totally disables the spinjump button, which is closer to the original game. The only question is if you want to disable that or leave the option of it as a "mini jump" in.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Oh hey its this thing.

So folks, I'm a tad behind schedule (like, a whole month kind of tad). But this project is hardly forgotten! I'm just making very, VERY slow progress.

So where are we?

1) I'm missing a handful of levels. I've taken on a couple of dropped levels to finish things up. Should hopefully have them all within the next week.
2) Working on getting the castle maze to work properly. Cheez8, any news?
3) I need to adjust the powerups in each level to be SMB1 style powerups. Probably gonna cheat and simply make a graphic swap with NPC flags to animate properly.
4) Need to finish the Intro levels for each stage. The biggest holdup is swapping out graphics for each authors name.
5) Then I need to make sure the whole game is linked properly and that exits are working.
6) Getting others to playtest.
7) Hardmode.
8) Extras.
9) ???
10) Profit.

So there we are folks. Still lots of work to do, but it's doable. Sorry for the delays, but I do plan on getting this thing put together.
Last edited by WestonSmith 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

WestonSmith wrote:2) Working on getting the castle maze to work properly. Cheez8, any news?
Ehh, whoops. Well, uh, I got to the point where I'm pretty sure the next method I'll try will succeed, but, uh, I haven't tried it yet. I kind of got distracted. As usual. The next time I have actual free time, though, I'm going to try to remember that this is what I should focus on.

Putting that aside, it looks like we've made pretty good progress on this project! Sweet.
I don't really get it but okay
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

When a beta gets released I'm prepared to go through the game in video form with commentary to test each level and the overall difficulty curve. It would help if I was told the warp zone locations beforehand so I can quickly return to where I was once I inevitably game over.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Hey, is there anything I can assist with, or are you guys good on help for the time being?
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

The bulk of the work has actually been completed, believe it or not. So while I appreciate the offer Mr. Penguin, I'm not sure where we'd fit you in at the moment. The next big step will be playtesting/editing, however, so depending on how interested you are, I'll keep your name handy.

Thanks!
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

WestonSmith wrote:The bulk of the work has actually been completed, believe it or not. So while I appreciate the offer Mr. Penguin, I'm not sure where we'd fit you in at the moment. The next big step will be playtesting/editing, however, so depending on how interested you are, I'll keep your name handy.

Thanks!
Okie dokie! If you need me later on for playtesting or whatnot, I'll be happy to lend a flipper hand.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Speaking of playtesting, I'll be happy to have a try on the beta of the game.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I, too, volunteer for testing. I may have already said that. I'm not sure if having already tested every level (except for the last few that Weston filled in himself?) changes anything.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Apologies if it seems like I've abandoned this project. I have every intention of getting this thing done. I have an exam to write today, however, and that's eaten up most of my free time these past weeks. Assuming I don't get totally distracted by A2MBXT, I should have a real progress report done soonish.

Thanks for understanding!
Kil

Post by Kil »

By the way. I noticed not many people have the lunadll thing in their folder which adds the SMB1 ruleset to their level. I finally re-did the global thing, so now you can set globals on a world by world basis. So you can have a global lunadll file for SDS only. You could put the SMB1 ruleset in there without having to add them to every folder and without it affecting A2MBXT.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

That makes me wonder - will the reserve box be hidden, or will it just always be empty?
Kil

Post by Kil »

Empty since you can't really hide it unless you change the HUD drawing routine
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Quick update; I'm about half way through linking/testing levels. Will be done all within the week. Sorry for the delay.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

WestonSmith wrote:Quick update; I'm about half way through linking/testing levels. Will be done all within the week. Sorry for the delay.
Nice.