(shouting)

The Character Thread (Dateable chars have been chosen!)

Let EVERY ship sail!

Who should be a DATEABLE character in the game? (You have 3 votes)

Alex2
13%
Aposke
13%
Bwarch
11%
Cheez8
2%
Darkychao
3%
Holy
4%
InsaneIntentions
11%
Limepie
14%
Pholtos
12%
Septentrion Pleiades
16%

Total votes: 140

Aposke
Banned

The Character Thread (Dateable chars have been chosen!)

Post by Aposke »

Official character spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/zSfJA7

As we continue to get things rolling, we should probably decide on a very, very basic story outline and finalize our list of dateable characters.
As Bwarch already pointed out, the student dormitory setting seems to have gained widespread acception, so the most important thing to settle right now will be the dateable character roster.

I think we can pretty confidently say that the game will star at least raocow and Rikun, but of course we need to have more characters from both genders, so this is you guys chance to post your ideas for dateable characters for the game.
The deadline for character suggestions will be Wednesday, the 8th of January, and afterwards we'll have a vote on all suggestions. The 4 most popular ones will make it into the game.
How the voting process will work: Everyone will get 3 votes to freely distribute among the characters once the poll is up. Feel free to use all of them or just one.

The poll is now up and running until Friday, the 31st!
We're voting on who should be a dateable male character in the game!

Clarification to how the users for the poll were chosen:
We have 25 people so far who have agreed to possibly be in the game, 21 of those being male (holla at that ratio). Out of these 21 possible candidates, I sorted out those who did not voice discomfort at the idea of being a dateable character, leaving 16.
From those, I sorted out the ones who I perceived weren't generally "well known" in the Talkhaus. For transparency, their names are: Isrieri, JayScribble, Kashkabald, Sillyman (Demo), Skyluigi2, Tigermoon, Xutawoo, and Zyglrox Odyssey. If you want to vote for one of these guys anyways, please do so in a comment, mark their name bold and your vote will be counted (however, you still only have 3 votes in total).
The rest of the guys who announced their cooperation and didn't actively disagree with possibly being dateable made it into the poll, as you can see. Sadly, the polling system only allows for up to 10 options, so I had to make that "popularity cut", but you can vote for any of the persons mentioned above!
If you have any complaints about this voting process, please write me a PM or post in the thread about it. Thank you~
As far as the storyline is concerned, we'll have to work out the details once the characters are known. The basic setup would probably look something like this (note that this is just me going a little crazy with the writing and ideas and that everything in this spoiler is, of course, up to debate):
You play as *insert name here*, a 20-year-old student who just managed to escape the horrors of community college and secured a place at the esteemed Concordia University in Montreal. Packing all your belongings from your small family home in Brompton, you make your way into the million city of Montreal. You arrive there late in the afternoon, just as the sun is setting. As you drive by the Loyola campus, the sight makes your heart skip for a second: You've finally done it. You're here now. Starting a new life – in a new city, with new friends, and... who knows, maybe even a new love?

Just a few minutes later, you arrive at the university dorms. You're going to be living in building #6, room #9, in the Hingston Hall dorms. As you and your 3 suitcases traverse the dormitory grounds, you slowly and carefully check the number of each building, going from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5...
and discover that #6 seems to be missing. Confused, you decide to enter building #5 to ask one of the residents, but before you can go in, a weird-looking, really tall guy steps outside, looks at you puzzled and asks if you're lost.
"I... I'm just looking for building #6... I'm moving in today."
"Oh, new student, are ya? Welcome to Montreal, then! There's no building #6 though."
"So am I at the wrong place then?"
"Not... really. Building #6 just... isn't a thing anymore."
"Well... what's... "the thing", then?", you ask with a puzzled look on your face.
"Gimme a second and I'll show you..."
You follow the weird-looking french-canadian guy as he leads you behind building #5 and up a metal stairway that seems more like an emergency exit than an actual stairway.
"It's... up here?"
"Yyyyup."
And then, you see it.
On top of the house row stands a long, narrow... bungalow-thingie. You're guessing it's 12 meters wide at most, but it's easily ten times as long.
"This... is building #6?", you ask in disbelief.
"No it's not, I already told you that!", the french-canadian says with a carismatic laugh.
"This is... the Haus."
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Re: The Story and Character Thread

Post by tigermoon »

If I could be a totally androgynous "Is this a guy or girl?" type character like Subaru from Sakura Wars, I'd be willing to volunteer myself as an "option"(that more or less described me growing up, anyway)... of course, the main problem, as I mentioned in the past, is I'm too new to really draw anything from. About the only real trait I've shown so far is the ability to render discussions wildly off-topic.
And the fact you're crazy...
Right, and that I'm crazy. Also, there's an evil witch living inside my head.
... again, I'm not evil...

Anyway... Building 6, Room 9? I wonder how someone came up with those numbers...
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Little disclaimer there: I didn't actually notice the 6/9 thing until just now. The number 6 was mostly chosen randomly and #9 was because I had other plans for room #10.
That said, this is all just speculation and stuff for now – the numbers will probably be changed (heck, the whole intro could be) so that it won't appear as the forced/lame joke that it looks like.
tigermoon

Post by tigermoon »

I was mainly joking around about the number choice. :lol:
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Aposke wrote:people who definitely wouldn't have anything against being part of the VN.
I definitely wouldn't have anything against being part of the VN. Not that it'd really make any amount of sense unless I develop a distinct identity and personality within the next three days, but that's neither here nor there.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Tigermoon only joined a week ago, so it will be very hard to write him.

I'm sorry to say that, but you just simply are too new. If we ever make an expansion to this game, we might be able to include some more recent members.

Kobabeach

I don't see this going beyond you talking about specific stuff over and over, so you'll be hard to keep you interesting when a player doesn't know what the hell you are talking about. It would take a special type of writer to make a plot for you.

I still have reservations about using underaged members.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I still have reservations about using underaged members.
If you don't want to use me due to me being 16 and all, you can just put me as an undateable side character.

(honestly, I'd kinda prefer that)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

I call background character...
possibly the random student who runs the library(unless you got plans for that character already)
Image Image
GrimDarkening

Post by GrimDarkening »

Okay you guys I'm starting to fart on who's okay with so I made a handy dandy SPREADSHEET
http://goo.gl/zSfJA7
I edited into the first post
tigermoon

Post by tigermoon »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Tigermoon only joined a week ago, so it will be very hard to write him.

I'm sorry to say that, but you just simply are too new. If we ever make an expansion to this game, we might be able to include some more recent members.
Kinda figured that'd be the case. Ah well, better luck next time, I guess? :lol:
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Mabel wrote:I call background character...
possibly the random student who runs the library(unless you got plans for that character already)
they should be a category for background characters. Kobabeach also wanted to be a side character.

Also I have no clue why Jayscribble is in the guys section. I would be kind of disappointed if she wasn't a blonde girl in a Yoshi suit.
Scibble.png
Scibble.png (16.49 KiB) Viewed 8538 times
Girls might want to mention that they are girls.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Surprise: I'm actually a guy. That screenshot though was suppose to reference Rumia/Bootleg Yoshi herself, and not me... okay I already see the confusion there.
Though my character could set up for a trap.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Perhaps we should aim for an equal number of men and women as datable options? I know we were looking at 6 total, but perhaps 3/3 would make sense? Of course, that would make the 'vote' exclusively about which male options get in, but I think it would add more variety and remove the possibility that there'd be 5 male options and only one female. Especially considering the target demo of the talkhaus.

Or if you wanted to make it a straight-up vote because it's fairer and gender-blind, that works too =). I can see both cases working well.
I was thinking about the first option, myself. We're probably going to have to vote on the male characters only, yeah, but I think the game would gain many more views if the gender ratio is equal and not all over the place (since it IS a dating game).
That said, I'm thinking about having an optional 4th male character choice, in case we get another girl signing up later in the process. New paths can always be written, after all!

Oh and yeah, the voting will start later today. Still hoping for late suggestions!
Aposke
Banned

Re: The Story and Character Thread (Vote who'll be dateable!

Post by Aposke »

8flight wrote:voting Leet for being the obscure character
ffs 8flight this is not how this works.
If you want to vote for one of these guys anyways, please do so in a comment, mark their name bold and your vote will be counted (however, you still only have 3 votes in total).
Thanks for being the bad example though so that others don't make the same mistake!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

hey people are saying my name

but uh btw im a girl
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Leet wrote:hey people are saying my name

but uh btw im a girl
Changed OP to reflect this.
If you're fine with being a dateable character, that would push our total character count up to 8 (4 male and 4 female). Is that okay with you?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Aposke wrote:
Leet wrote:hey people are saying my name

but uh btw im a girl
Changed OP to reflect this.
If you're fine with being a dateable character, that would push our total character count up to 8 (4 male and 4 female). Is that okay with you?
Yeah
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Post by O'Largill »

WHEN WAS THIS POLL TAKEN?!?!?!?! I DEMAND TO BE IN TH EDATING SIM HOW DARE U NOT INCLUDE

E: IF NOT ME OBVIOUSLY INCLUDE KOBA JESUS YOU AMATEURS
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

O'Largill wrote:WHEN WAS THIS POLL TAKEN?!?!?!?! I DEMAND TO BE IN TH EDATING SIM HOW DARE U NOT INCLUDE

E: IF NOT ME OBVIOUSLY INCLUDE KOBA JESUS YOU AMATEURS
*Ahem*
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14377

Point of interest though but I don't see Koba in this poll even though he was in that thread. An explanation? I've tried looking and seeing if I missed something but I don't think I have.

Also please tell me we did actually get Rao and Rikun to consent to these shenanigans https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Bwarch wrote:Point of interest though but I don't see Koba in this poll even though he was in that thread. An explanation? I've tried looking and seeing if I missed something but I don't think I have.
KobaBeach wrote:If you don't want to use me due to me being 16 and all, you can just put me as an undateable side character.

(honestly, I'd kinda prefer that)
From earlier in this thread instead of that one for reasons.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I'm not tied for first anymore :'(
That crazy voice dude
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Much appreciated Zyg!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Bwarch wrote:Also please tell me we did actually get Rao and Rikun to consent to these shenanigans https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0
raocow pretty much lets use him as a public domain character. That's why RaoD exists.

Rikun is a regular skypehauser so she knows this very well.
Last edited by Septentrion Pleiades 10 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
Bwarch wrote:Also please tell me we did actually get Rao and Rikun to consent to these shenanigans https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0
raocow is pretty much lets use threat him as a public domain character. That's way RaoD exists.

Rikun is a regular skypehauser so she knows this very well.
Pretty much, yeah.
Also the poll will be ending on Tuesday, 14th of January, at 11:59PM GMT+1. I'm hoping we'll have some clear winner situation going on by then, otherwise we'll just have to... umm... find a way to cut it down to 4 people?

Edit:
We got 20+ votes in one day???
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

How would one cut down a list where 7 people are seperated by basically 2 votes? ~_~

The fact I'm one of them makes me blush profusely. I'm... extremely shy when it comes to things like romance. '_'
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P