(shouting)

The Character Thread (Dateable chars have been chosen!)

Let EVERY ship sail!

Who should be a DATEABLE character in the game? (You have 3 votes)

Alex2
13%
Aposke
13%
Bwarch
11%
Cheez8
2%
Darkychao
3%
Holy
4%
InsaneIntentions
11%
Limepie
14%
Pholtos
12%
Septentrion Pleiades
16%

Total votes: 140

Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: The Story and Character Thread (Vote who'll be dateable!

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Pholtos wrote:The fact I'm one of them makes me blush profusely. I'm... extremely shy when it comes to things like romance. '_'
It's not like it's real.

I'm a bit confused on how the voting went in the voters mind. Most of the talkhaus are males, and I voted twice: for a logical personality choice and myself. There are many difference reason to vote that I can't comprehend. I try to imagine how well each person would work in the game.

Anyways, this vote was pretty informal on how it was set up. What do you think will happen if we get a global sticky or something?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

About 20 votes minimum on each person probably.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I'm gonna have a heart attack until this is over
That crazy voice dude
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I voted twice: for a logical personality choice and myself.
Shouldn't we not be voting for ourselves? I didn't. I mean chances are everyone who agreed to be in the game voted, too, so they shouldn't vote for themselves.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

6 way tie, LOL
limepie20 wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I voted twice: for a logical personality choice and myself.
Shouldn't we not be voting for ourselves? I didn't. I mean chances are everyone who agreed to be in the game voted, too, so they shouldn't vote for themselves.
I don't think anyone else is under this impression. That's typically a rule for nomination. The president is allow to vote for himself afterall.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
Bwarch wrote:Also please tell me we did actually get Rao and Rikun to consent to these shenanigans https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0
raocow is pretty much lets use him as a public domain character. That's way RaoD exists.

Rikun is a regular skypehauser so she knows this very well.
raocow wrote:.. visual novel subforum?

edit what

You guys really were just going to put raocow in without his consent when we all agreed we were going to get everybody's consent for this since it's such a weird idea and could easily offend.

I am disappointed in a few peeps right now.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

There is no way "let's make a talkhaus dating sim" was going to not crop up drama. It wasn't necessarily going to be this bad (wow, Aspoke, just wow), but, well... If you had to come up with an idea "what course of action should we take to most likely bring about conflict", this would be pretty high on the list.

Terrible idea.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

i'm just gonna date myself so ???

e: petition to rename to "skypehaus dating sim" because literally nobody else knows this exists
ImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Why did nobody tell me about this, I mean I heard people mention it but I thought it was in the forum games or something and I go there so infrequently that I didn't even think to check what it actually was.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

BTYM wrote:i'm just gonna date myself so ???

e: petition to rename to "skypehaus dating sim" because literally nobody else knows this exists
Ashan wrote:Why did nobody tell me about this, I mean I heard people mention it but I thought it was in the forum games or something and I go there so infrequently that I didn't even think to check what it actually was.
I understand not knowing about the vote, but not knowing about the dating sim is a bit of a stretch. I do have the feeling Aposke maybe didn't try to extend this vote to beyond the skypehaus. Even though I am doing good in the poll, I would like at least one day where it is obviously visible.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Not everybody checks every single thread on the entire forum, and sue some people for not thinking another talkhaus collab would just pop up and then not be talked about pretty much anywhere else but its subforum and the skypehaus
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:Not everybody checks every single thread on the entire forum, and sue some people for not thinking another talkhaus collab would just pop up and then not be talked about pretty much anywhere else but its subforum and the skypehaus
It is visible from the front page.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:Not everybody checks every single thread on the entire forum, and sue some people for not thinking another talkhaus collab would just pop up and then not be talked about pretty much anywhere else but its subforum and the skypehaus
yes because people definitely read every subforum under the collab forum on their way to get to the gazebo or the cartridge even though they have no reason to look there unless they're actively involved in a collab project
ImageImage
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

In the middle of a list of 8 subforums. Pretty easy to miss if you're not explicitly looking for it.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

There were also the various signatures that mentioned it.

I wasn't in charge of making this visible. Other than putting it in my signature, and mentioning it a bunch of times, there was nothing I could do about it.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

alex2 wrote:Hey guys I have an idea since we all know about it let's talk about story and character thread (vote who'll be dateable!)
hey alex you're missing the point because the deadline for people being included already passed!!
ImageImage
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I'm pretty sure the majority of the talkhaus figured it out(we do have a ton of votes), with the new mod class, the changes on the front page, and as well as looked at my signature(Grim posted fewer places). A few people who are content to look only at a few select places while ignore other stuff might end up ignoring stuff. It should have been more advertised, but it's helpful to actually pay attention to what other people are posting as well.

Meanwhile, life went on without you. If you are suggesting that we completely redo the selection process, then that is out of the question. I can only guess that certain people here specifically want to be included as one of the MAJOR characters, after we already went though a selection process.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Meanwhile, life went on without you. If you are suggesting that we completely redo the selection process, then that is out of the question.
wow don't get your panties in a twist i'm suggesting that you post something in the gazebo so that people can at least be included as side characters if they want to

i'm not sure i'd want to be included in a game managed by such a transphobic dick but i still find the lack of advertising really fucking stupid
ImageImage
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

BTYM wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Meanwhile, life went on without you. If you are suggesting that we completely redo the selection process, then that is out of the question.
wow don't get your panties in a twist i'm suggesting that you post something in the gazebo so that people can at least be included as side characters if they want to

i'm not sure i'd want to be included in a game managed by such a transphobic dick but i still find the lack of advertising really fucking stupid
this. We could do with a bit more advertising, chill Sep.
as for the transphobe thing, well all that matters is if its a quality game but hey if a person doesnt wanna be in because theyre too SJW for this then by all means, but they probably shouldnt discourage people because they have differing views and we need to stop bring this up so do i lol
Image Image
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

I was half joking but real talk lost a lot of respect for aposke
ImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Wait what did I miss? Why are we not allowed to like Aposke any more?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Get yourself up to speed if you wish I guess viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14408
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

BTYM wrote:hey alex you're missing the point because the deadline for people being included already passed!!
There was never any deadline for side characters so I thought you were talking about main characters.

Someone with a brown or purple name should have went and advertise as it would be a bit presumptuous to make any official thread outside the subforum. I expected Aposke to fill that role as a experienced forum user, but he has proved that he is far from being a manager. I think I came up with a solution though for advertisement though, although this doesn't change the past.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Aposke wrote: Also the poll will be ending on Tuesday, 14th of January, at 11:59PM GMT+1. I'm hoping we'll have some clear winner situation going on by then, otherwise we'll just have to... umm... find a way to cut it down to 4 people?
I expected the poll to close automatically at this time. Well it's still going, although it will likely close tonight. This completely unnerves me as a candidate.

It could be that the poll won't automatically close at which point we will be at the mercy of Grim.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

BTYM wrote:hey alex you're missing the point because the deadline for people being included already passed!!
There was never any deadline for side characters so I thought you were talking about main characters.
i am also talking about main characters, what's the problem with adding new main characters? has any work even been done yet that would make new characters a setback?
ImageImage