General suggestions thread

Let EVERY ship sail!
Aposke
Banned

Re: General suggestions thread

Post by Aposke »

GrimDarkening wrote:Aposke has mentioned Clannad as a good example
Kinda
Clannad is freaking long (and kinda slow-paced), but it's pretty much THE best example of a modern japanese visual novel. Note however that it was made in its own engine and by a professional company.
For a really good western visual novel, you could check out Katawa Shoujo. It showcases the capabilities of RenPy pretty well and is also shorter and more fast-paced than Clannad.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I expected this to be created by a bunch of people who didn't know how visual novels work.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. This was based off of a joke but presented somewhat of an awesome concept by itself.

I might look into a fan touhou dating sim or something. Yeah there are professional VNs, but a Talkhaus VN without humor is no Talkhaus thing at all.

Edit: just don't get caught up with being like the other ones.
KobaBeach
i am the snow ninja ghghgh
First name: David
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Bartle wrote:General suggestion: actually ask people for permission to use their likenesses

nobody had any idea until anomaly told us about it; myself, Redsy and Wareng want nothing to do with this and don't want to be used in it.
I apologize for that tongue-in-cheek suggestion of you that I made in that locked thread
GrimDarkening

Post by GrimDarkening »

Your issue with me getting digital concepts is
You're either going to get bad linework, because I don't have a tablet, or a picture of my art on paper.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

KobaBeach wrote:Moral of the story: Never listen to Koba.
Wait, we should know this one by now, shouldn't we?

That aside, I'll try writing up a little intro scene during this week. I'm hoping Grim will get some actual digital character concepts done as well.
If you want to help (and we really need help, especially in the arts department), take a look at this thread and maybe sign up!
okay what the fuck just happened here

did aposke(?)'s post just glitch onto mine
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

He is right though. We should maybe make a thread specifically for saying "I'm alright with being in this game"

Maybe a request and answer kind of thing like if anybody wants anybody to be in the game they're like "I request so and so be in the game" and then if they want to the requested person is all like "Yeah sure, sounds fun."
Dan

Post by Dan »

alex2 wrote:
Bartle wrote:General suggestion: actually ask people for permission to use their likenesses

nobody had any idea until anomaly told us about it; myself, Redsy and Wareng want nothing to do with this and don't want to be used in it.
This does not surprise me at all. God forbid you people even associate with Talkhaus anymore.
Can you blame us

It's not about the forums. Remember when Cobalt was writing erotic pokemon fanfic and shipping people without permission/against their wishes? Same thing here, but with less pokemon
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Wareng wrote:Can you blame us

It's not about the forums. Remember when Cobalt was writing erotic pokemon fanfic and shipping people without permission/against their wishes? Same thing here, but with less pokemon
Well, by the time Bartle posted, you all fell out of consideration. The only one who really has reason to be upset is Redsy, who some people were persistent with.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I don't think I was ever being considered. All I said in IRC was to tell me if my name ever came up. But you're right, Redsy does have a right to be upset, considering she hardly knows any of you, doesn't post here anymore, is underage, and if it wasn't for anomaly, would have had no way of finding out about this.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Bwarch wrote: What VN(s) should we play through to fully understand the concept of a VN?
Katawa Shoujo is probably the best entry-level VN for everyone so I really recommend it. Its also the shortest(for average VN length)
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

KobaBeach wrote:

I apologize for that tongue-in-cheek suggestion of you that I made in that locked thread
Moral of the story: Never listen to Koba.
Wait, we should know this one by now, shouldn't we?

That aside, I'll try writing up a little intro scene during this week. I'm hoping Grim will get some actual digital character concepts done as well.
If you want to help (and we really need help, especially in the arts department), take a look at this thread and maybe sign up!

Edit: Oh god I'm sorry I clicked edit instead of Quote. >.< This has happened before but I usually realized it before I posted.
Again, really sorry. Worst mod 2014 here :c
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Hahaha. I had that very same misclick error I kept on making when I first became mod.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

This is a bit off topic, but since we're dealing with mod stuff... is there any reason the usergroup set to moderate this subforum is an open one?
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Aposke wrote:Edit: Oh god I'm sorry I clicked edit instead of Quote. >.< This has happened before but I usually realized it before I posted.
Again, really sorry. Worst mod 2014 here :c
I'm biting your arm off next time

jk i♥u
tigermoon wrote:This is a bit off topic, but since we're dealing with mod stuff... is there any reason the usergroup set to moderate this subforum is an open one?
It's like that for all collab mod groups (A2MT, A2MBXT, AZCT, and this abomination)
Last edited by KobaBeach 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

If somebody wants to apply for mod team at any time they can.

Accepting their application is another thing entirely, of course.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

A2MTers
a2mt, yo.
This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.
ASMBXTers
ASMBXT, yo.
This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.
AZCTers
Duders who manage the AZCT forum.
lovers
This is an open group, members can apply to join.
I'm just curious why it's the oddball of the group, not trying to cause trouble. :lol:
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Meh. Fixed.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

I have no idea how to react to this new development. It's left me speechless on what to say, or contribute. I don't think I've been around long enough to be relevant. And I've no experience in these kinds of games.

I can say that this seems like a really fun idea. <3

(Will there be a Bathhaus?)
The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

Post by The Destroyer of Worlds »

Isrieri wrote:I have no idea how to react to this new development. It's left me speechless on what to say, or contribute. I don't think I've been around long enough to be relevant. And I've no experience in these kinds of games.

I can say that this seems like a really fun idea. <3

(Will there be a Bathhaus?)
I would assume so. I think we're aiming for a serious parody of the genre and that would hardly be complete without a Bathhaus =P.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

We still really need artists and writers though! So if you can draw and think you can spend a few hours on the project, you could sign up here to help us out!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Are we going to use actual names? Some of the user names would be very weird to use in this sort of game.
The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

Post by The Destroyer of Worlds »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Are we going to use actual names? Some of the user names would be very weird to use in this sort of game.
That is a good question. That said, I don't think I'd be comfortable using my real name for obvious professional reasons. Perhaps we could come up with a pseudonym based on our username?

Like I could be Holly Kallaway or something.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Are we going to use actual names? Some of the user names would be very weird to use in this sort of game.
I'd imagine anything wierd sounding would be changed to sound more name-like....

as for me, i'd rather not use my real name.(i'd rather create an OC named Mabel(since im not an ackshual female or whatever) to be some random character not actually based on anything.
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I'm pretty sure we can just use the usernames in almost all cases.
"Horikawa Otane" actually kinda sounds like an actual name, as does "Mabel", "Alex", "Rikun" etc. Other names that don't sound like RL-names can probably be slightly changed and/or introduced as nicknames the characters give themselves (like "Newsome", InsaneIntentions' Skype name, or "Aposke").
That aside, I think nicknames would work well without much explanation, too, since we're not gonna have to be hyper-realistic or anything. I guess in the end it'll boil down to what the people who end up in the game prefer – that's one of the things about their portrayal they'll be able to directly control.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I can't think of anything closer to my user name than my actual name: "Stephen" but my last name should probably be more based on my username.

I also wonder what writers will actually base the story on without some in depth description

Is Limepie even 18 yet?