(shouting)

General suggestions thread

Let EVERY ship sail!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: General suggestions thread

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I don't think the purple or brown mods check this forum, so a PM would be a better thing if you truly want to ask that question.

What exactly have we achieved to far: Character drawings for half the characters.

We don't even have full bios. Even the basic planning stage isn't done. There isn't going to be a rebirth unless we officially end this.

"Trans-mysoginy in the project (post-deletion repost?)" needs to be thrown out for sure, away from whatever graveyard this is heading toward.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Man, I had always assumed there was still some progress being made in that skype group for this that i heard about. Is that not the case?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Leet wrote:Man, I had always assumed there was still some progress being made in that skype group for this that i heard about. Is that not the case?
Talks in there stopped about half way into February. We never really got any good communication between the artists and the writers, I guess mostly due to failing initiative on both sides. Our kind of "last hope" is/was TheVulpineHero, who is currently working on a sample scene for the VN, but other than that, and me occasionally expanding the introduction, I don't think any work is being done right now.

I think the biggest problem with this right now is that nobody who'd need to do something really has enough "drive" to do all that much. Most of the artists who got "dragged in" for this project by Horikawa showed much enthusiasm at first, but we haven't heard anything else from them since they posted their character sketches in late January. I'm guilty of the same thing as well, since I vowed to post my intro section in the writing thread by the 1st of February and have not even finished it yet.
I guess all this comes down to what CondorTalon had already predicted - that we wouldn't be able to go through with a project that requires this much coordination and teamwork unless we really wanted it.
Now, of course, I can only speak for myself in that department. Are there people out there who want to have this happen more than I do? Maybe. If that's the case, I don't want to let those people down, and I, personally, will continue to work on this as long as there are peeps out there who want to see this happen. However, if the community's opinion unanimously is something that amounts to "let it die", then I'll be happy to do that, as well.

I guess for the moment, I'll just post what little I have for the intro section and ask if any of the artists wants to "team up" with me to make that happen. At the very least, that'd give the project something tangible to start off from.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Just chipping in here: If you literally want the SYNOPSIS ALONE to be 20-30 pages, I'm out of this quicker than you can say "leave", because that's a scale that's simply impossible for a loosely thrown together project like this. 10k words per route (6 in total) round up to maybe 70 MS Word pages for the routes only, 80 for the entire thing. That alone would already take multiple months to produce, even with many more writers than we currently have, not to mention the artwork.
I also have no intentions of just dictating the plot for the writers because that would rob them of a lot of their creative freedom – I'd rather go the Katawa Shoujo way and just leave the plot for the individual routes completely to the writers themselves.

It's easy to point fingers to the mods and just say "Well, we're not being given any direction", but let's be honest: Noone has even asked about it before now. Not once has that chat been revived since last we talked to VulpineHero, not by me, Horikawa, or any of the artists. Noone asked about the next deadline, goal, or anything. If anything, that just shows that no party who's actually vowed to work on this is all that interested in it anymore (if they even were to begin with).

And it's not even a "big cloud" or anything. It's neither big, nor is it a cloud. We literally have only 3 pieces of concept artwork, a few lines of text and some half-assed character bios. If people don't come together and show that they're seriously interested in keeping this running, there's no point of going on, really.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

In terms of SYNOPSIS, Aposke gave more than enough in this thread for a writer to get started. We really just need one writer to choose a path and write out a thing to get momentum for this, and other could follow his/her example. Honestly, here is how I would amend Aposke's directions:
Aposke wrote: General
- We shouldn't go "absolutely insanely crazy" with anything. Keep characters and events believable (at least to a degree), but don't make them mundane, either.If you want to depict Rikun dressing up as Marisa every second Tuesday of the month because she believes she can control the moon that way (and you can depict this in a funny way rather than just putting this in "for its own sake"), then, by all means, go for it. The main aim of this project is to be fun to make and fun to play!
- As far as I know, Concordia University operates in 2-semester-years, starting in September and April respectively. Keep that in mind for writing your scenes
(aka early scenes taking place in Fall, etc.).
Setting
- The story mainly takes place in and around theConcordia University in Montreal, Canada.
- The university has two campuses: SGW and Loyola. The former is the "main" campus, located directly in the heart of the city, while the latter is located about 2 kilometers south-west of the city center.Here's some (pretty detailed) info on what's located on each of them.
- "The Haus", where our protagonist and the other characters (how many? we don't know yet!) will live, is part of the Hingston Hall student dorms, located nearby the Loyola campus. However, the "Haus" isn't actually an official part of those dorms and most students don't even know it exists / can't find it even when given directions.

- Due to its unofficial nature, the Haus is a very homey, self-made type of space that may seem cramped at times but makes for surprisingly good living conditions for the different personalities inhabiting it.
- In general, it would be nice if our writers could do a fair amount of research on the Concordia University and Montreal in general. The setting doesn't need to be 1:1 compared to reality, of course, but a certain sense of "believability" would be very nice (this thread can also be used as an info exchange hub regarding this).
We should at first give writers enough room to be creative. The last thing they should be worrying about is restrictions like, "Does this match up with a real life place I haven't even been within a thousand mile of before?". Creativity is an emergent process and quite a lot of things have been dictated before there's even a working story line. Some direction helps, but the last thing you want to do is to decide everything before the writer get a chance to write a story of their own.

I would suggest letting more freedom, and when someone actually gets to making a story/path, the story itself can be the standard we go by. We need a full bio for one character(probably raocow) and then do a bit of that path. Then writers will get an good idea of what to do. One person can do this, even Grim or Lurker.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Well shit, now we have the two extremes.

Also, cool "amendmends", more like blanking out 99% of what I wrote.
I do believe a certain amount of realism is a good thing to have, especially if we're going to make it related to real persons who actually exist in Canada and the close proximity.