(shouting)

General suggestions thread

Let EVERY ship sail!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: General suggestions thread

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Ditocoaf wrote:General suggestion: don't do this. I can't believe so many of you thought Let's Make A Forum Dating Sim would go smoothly and without drama.

This whole dating sim concept, the subforum itself, is like a giant ritual to invoke the dark gods of forum conflict.

Even with Aspoke gone, other drama will happen. Someone will be uncomfortable with something about their portrayal. Someone will feel left out because they got there too late. Someone will be overly creepy about the dating aspect. Each of these things might not be vocalized, they might sit in silent resentment, but it'll boil over, somehow. It's a perfect storm of friction-fostering situations, it's an incubator for awkwardness.
Better yet, we should have Alex2 go on a racist rampaged so that we can finally close down A2MT.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'd like to state that I do not want to be part of this, simply because now I'm convinced that a dating sim fanfic revolving around real people in this site is not a good idea.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Ditocoaf wrote:General suggestion: don't do this. I can't believe so many of you thought Let's Make A Forum Dating Sim would go smoothly and without drama.

This whole dating sim concept, the subforum itself, is like a giant ritual to invoke the dark gods of forum conflict.

Even with Aspoke gone, other drama will happen. Someone will be uncomfortable with something about their portrayal. Someone will feel left out because they got there too late. Someone will be overly creepy about the dating aspect. Each of these things might not be vocalized, they might sit in silent resentment, but it'll boil over, somehow. It's a perfect storm of friction-fostering situations, it's an incubator for awkwardness.
The thing is, it was going smoothly and without drama before this nonsense. For the most part, anyway. Only other thing I remember was Bartle coming in and calling everyone out on being way too excited to put him and Redsy in the thing without asking if they had a problem with it, which only happened because somehow literally nobody had the common sense to think "wait a minute, this is inherently kinda weird, maybe we should make sure people are okay with this before we start planning out how they'll be in it."
The concept is fine, it's just being handled really, really badly. You know, in case you couldn't tell by the fact that half the subforum is about this Aposke shitstorm.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I do not agree that the concept is fine.

I warned you guys earlier that a visual novel does not have to be a dating sim. This just sounded like a spur of the moment silly idea when I first saw it, and that's how I feel about it now.
CondorTalon
Banned

Post by CondorTalon »

ano0maly wrote:This just sounded like a spur of the moment silly idea when I first saw it, and that's how I feel about it now.
THAAAAAAANK YOU.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

ano0maly wrote:I do not agree that the concept is fine.

I warned you guys earlier that a visual novel does not have to be a dating sim. This just sounded like a spur of the moment silly idea when I first saw it, and that's how I feel about it now.
That was the entire point of this project, to just make something silly.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
GrimDarkening wrote:Image
No, but we should seriously make this. I'd be willing to help provided MaGLX is done. Oh - and both male and female protagonists are playable.

No sketchy stuff though imho. Just a derpy dating sim.
Then all of a sudden it turned into... well, this.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

biggest drama 2014

how come every single forum/whatever's response to drama is to split it up into multiple threads/pages, mutilate them all, toss them around the haus/house a bit and throw them in the dumpster?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I know this is too late, but Argu also wants to be in the game, so if there's any way he could get in that would be cool.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

so

could we still make a talkhaus-themed non-dating-sim visual novel, or no

Horikawa had asked me if I'd be willing to art it up, and being a 'dating sim' had me feeling somewhat skeptical (just in case things got weird), but if it were just a plain ol' visual novel I'd be way more cool with participating.

And then everybody gets Personas.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

This is totally your choice because this is your project, but I think it might be a good idea to maybe keep the "agreeing to be in this game" and polls open for longer. Some people only just found out this existed. Also I could make the agreeing thing a global thread for like a week or something so more people can actually see and agree.
But yeah whatever you want.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

limepie20 wrote:This is totally your choice because this is your project, but I think it might be a good idea to maybe keep the "agreeing to be in this game" and polls open for longer. Some people only just found out this existed. Also I could make the agreeing thing a global thread for like a week or something so more people can actually see and agree.
only found out about this today because bbb found it and sent me the link (two weeks after its conception)

there's probably an issue if half of the people on talkhaus don't know about the "talkhaus" dating sim
ImageImage
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

limepie20 wrote:This is totally your choice because this is your project, but I think it might be a good idea to maybe keep the "agreeing to be in this game" and polls open for longer. Some people only just found out this existed. Also I could make the agreeing thing a global thread for like a week or something so more people can actually see and agree.
I hope this isn't directed at me, because I've had zero involvement with anything up to this point!! GrimDarkening's the one that wanted to start it, as far as I can tell.

But if you're just using the general 'you', then nevermind.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh yeah, haha, general "you," of course.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

things like a global announcement thread and/or rao mentioning it in a vid would totally work.
Image Image
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Mabel wrote:rao mentioning it in a vid
Except raocow's reaction upon learning this is a thing was, and I quote:
raocow wrote:.. visual novel subforum?

edit what

re-edit like seriously who thought that would be a good idea and that it would NOT invoke a ton of pointless drama
I'll also note that this is the correct reaction.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

While I personally have no qualms with the project, I would like to state that it is probably a terrible idea for rao to make a video mentioning this for several reasons, the most important of which are

1) this is excessively creepy and so much as saying that I'd be fine showing up as a side character feels like a guilty pleasure that I don't need people knowing about

2) this is not the sort of project where people can join the forum and immediately help out, considering how regular posters whose personalities have been well established would be the really significant people in this

3) this is still excessively creepy

and 4) I really, really fear the kind of people who would respond to a video and join the forums in order to take part in this project, of all things.

So yeah this was probably obvious anyway but I just want it to be as clear as possible that making a video announcing this would be a terrible idea, even if the project somehow continues without a hitch and produces a solid and enjoyable product that creates no drama whatsoever.
I don't really get it but okay
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh yeah a rao video definitely isn't right for this.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

From what we've seen so far I think Rao has a fair amount of dislike for the project so yeeeeeeeeah not likely, and even if that wasn't the case you wouldn't want or need anybody who it would attract.
GrimDarkening

Post by GrimDarkening »

Hi I just came back from school to this
If it's possible, I want this project to keep going, but it doesn't seem easy. I'm unsure about Aposke's current involvement in the project, but for this post, lets say he's not.
I tried not to pull too many interpretations because I really just skimmed the posts. I was a bit sick as of late, and also somewhat busy.

Alex2 retracted his application, and from what I've seen, he was supposed to be the main programmer. A few stated that they had some experience in programming and could therefore take his position, but we'll see. If anyone wishes to take his place, it would be kinda important.

For arguments sake, lets say Aposke also dropped out. But in all honesty, I don't know. He was supposed to get a basic script wrote up, but I don't think anything further from that was done. We have writers though.

Bwarch is busy and we don't have any other musicians. We can probably get progress done without him, but music is a really nice thing to have.

Art is fine, since no one dropped out and I'm still here

I'm going to open up the poll and character threads for a bit longer, since as Limepie pointed out, people are just finding out about it now.

Basically, if you're still willing to work on this after the drama, we can get it back up and running.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

GrimDarkening wrote: Bwarch is busy and we don't have any other musicians. We can probably get progress done without him, but music is a really nice thing to have.
If you can't find any musicians at the point to where you'll need to start working on the music I will be willing to try to multitask.

I have a huge project I'm trying to get up the nerve to go forward with and I hope that it will at least be in progress by the time this project is at the music stage. The music, if my thinking is correct, will be the last thing you will need to worry about.
GrimDarkening

Post by GrimDarkening »

Agreed, and good luck on your project!
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

grim, you want to make a thread in the gazebo letting people know that they can sign up? there needs to be some advertisement here
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

swirlybomb wrote:so

could we still make a talkhaus-themed non-dating-sim visual novel, or no

Horikawa had asked me if I'd be willing to art it up, and being a 'dating sim' had me feeling somewhat skeptical (just in case things got weird), but if it were just a plain ol' visual novel I'd be way more cool with participating.

And then everybody gets Personas.
I'm pretty sure this project is supposed to be so lighthearted that it never even gets to kissing or anything.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

BTYM wrote:grim, you want to make a thread in the gazebo letting people know that they can sign up? there needs to be some advertisement here
Yeah to add to this, I can make a global thread if you request it at all.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Petzi wrote:inb4 raocon
Horikawa Otane wrote:I now know my costume for Talkhauscon 2014.
This could be an actually event in the game. It could work well with the raocow POV with him geting very cold feet.