(shouting)

General suggestions thread

Let EVERY ship sail!
Dan

Re: General suggestions thread

Post by Dan »

I don't think I was ever being considered. All I said in IRC was to tell me if my name ever came up. But you're right, Redsy does have a right to be upset, considering she hardly knows any of you, doesn't post here anymore, is underage, and if it wasn't for anomaly, would have had no way of finding out about this.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Bwarch wrote: What VN(s) should we play through to fully understand the concept of a VN?
Katawa Shoujo is probably the best entry-level VN for everyone so I really recommend it. Its also the shortest(for average VN length)
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

KobaBeach wrote:
Bartle wrote:General suggestion: actually ask people for permission to use their likenesses

nobody had any idea until anomaly told us about it; myself, Redsy and Wareng want nothing to do with this and don't want to be used in it.
I apologize for that tongue-in-cheek suggestion of you that I made in that locked thread
Moral of the story: Never listen to Koba.
Wait, we should know this one by now, shouldn't we?

That aside, I'll try writing up a little intro scene during this week. I'm hoping Grim will get some actual digital character concepts done as well.
If you want to help (and we really need help, especially in the arts department), take a look at this thread and maybe sign up!

Edit: Oh god I'm sorry I clicked edit instead of Quote. >.< This has happened before but I usually realized it before I posted.
Again, really sorry. Worst mod 2014 here :c
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Hahaha. I had that very same misclick error I kept on making when I first became mod.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

This is a bit off topic, but since we're dealing with mod stuff... is there any reason the usergroup set to moderate this subforum is an open one?
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Aposke wrote:Edit: Oh god I'm sorry I clicked edit instead of Quote. >.< This has happened before but I usually realized it before I posted.
Again, really sorry. Worst mod 2014 here :c
I'm biting your arm off next time

jk i♥u
tigermoon wrote:This is a bit off topic, but since we're dealing with mod stuff... is there any reason the usergroup set to moderate this subforum is an open one?
It's like that for all collab mod groups (A2MT, A2MBXT, AZCT, and this abomination)
Last edited by KobaBeach 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

If somebody wants to apply for mod team at any time they can.

Accepting their application is another thing entirely, of course.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

A2MTers
a2mt, yo.
This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.
ASMBXTers
ASMBXT, yo.
This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.
AZCTers
Duders who manage the AZCT forum.
lovers
This is an open group, members can apply to join.
I'm just curious why it's the oddball of the group, not trying to cause trouble. :lol:
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Meh. Fixed.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

I have no idea how to react to this new development. It's left me speechless on what to say, or contribute. I don't think I've been around long enough to be relevant. And I've no experience in these kinds of games.

I can say that this seems like a really fun idea. <3

(Will there be a Bathhaus?)
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

We still really need artists and writers though! So if you can draw and think you can spend a few hours on the project, you could sign up here to help us out!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Are we going to use actual names? Some of the user names would be very weird to use in this sort of game.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Are we going to use actual names? Some of the user names would be very weird to use in this sort of game.
I'd imagine anything wierd sounding would be changed to sound more name-like....

as for me, i'd rather not use my real name.(i'd rather create an OC named Mabel(since im not an ackshual female or whatever) to be some random character not actually based on anything.
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I'm pretty sure we can just use the usernames in almost all cases.
"Horikawa Otane" actually kinda sounds like an actual name, as does "Mabel", "Alex", "Rikun" etc. Other names that don't sound like RL-names can probably be slightly changed and/or introduced as nicknames the characters give themselves (like "Newsome", InsaneIntentions' Skype name, or "Aposke").
That aside, I think nicknames would work well without much explanation, too, since we're not gonna have to be hyper-realistic or anything. I guess in the end it'll boil down to what the people who end up in the game prefer – that's one of the things about their portrayal they'll be able to directly control.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I can't think of anything closer to my user name than my actual name: "Stephen" but my last name should probably be more based on my username.

I also wonder what writers will actually base the story on without some in depth description

Is Limepie even 18 yet?
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote: Is Limepie even 18 yet?
s/hes legal somewhere :P
Image Image
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Is Limepie even 18 yet?
Nope.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

lewd
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I wonder if we should have that one fan fiction written by that one guy somewhere in this game...
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

darkychao wrote:guy
If this refers to who I think it does...

Well, technically it could refer to two different people I suppose, depending on the fic. Rikun or Sep.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Bwarch wrote:

Well, technically it could refer to two different people I suppose, depending on the fic. Rikun or Sep.
Nope, neither. The person of which I speak is much more a weaboo; and only 3 other people, not including the writer, have experienced this fanfic I'm talking about.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

My terraria fanfics?
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
raocow wrote: ...and then Inuyasha screamed out Kagome's name because he loved her so much. And then Kagome returned his cry of love with her own. "Inuyasha!" She cried sexily to the wolf demon boy. "Kagome!" he cried back, even more sexily.

And then raocow showed up and defeated Naraku with his completed super soul gem. Kagome was shocked. She had never seen anyone so attractive in her long life. She knew what she had to do. "I'm not worthy of you Inuyasha. He is hotter than even I!" she cried into her sleeves. raocow nodded solemnly, knowing his dark responsibility. He grabbed Inuyasha's hand.

Inuyasha was shocked, but came willingly. "Come, sexy demon boy. We will go fight darkness together." Inuyasha nodded, knowing he had no choice. "Sorry Kagome, I've found someone better," he said smoulderingly. "I understand," she said sexily.

Then raocow and Inuyasha flew off into the darkness to fight demons and have sexy sex.
Please PM this to me

It's for... Research

Yes

"Research"
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

darkychao wrote:
Bwarch wrote:

Nope, neither. The person of which I speak is much more a weaboo; and only 3 other people, not including the writer, have experienced this fanfic I'm talking about.
I know this, and I approve. I will need to send some PMs to see if we could get this in somehow.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
raocow wrote: raocow's story
On an unrelated note, did I mention I'm writing for this thing?
Oh, I completely remember that story but it wasn't the one darkychoa was talking about.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

General suggestion: don't do this. I can't believe so many of you thought Let's Make A Forum Dating Sim would go smoothly and without drama.

This whole dating sim concept, the subforum itself, is like a giant ritual to invoke the dark gods of forum conflict.

Even with Aspoke gone, other drama will happen. Someone will be uncomfortable with something about their portrayal. Someone will feel left out because they got here too late for inclusion. Someone will be overly creepy about the dating aspect. Each of these things might not be vocalized, they might sit in silent resentment, but it'll boil over, somehow. It's a perfect storm of friction-fostering situations, it's an incubator for awkwardness.
Last edited by Ditocoaf 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.