(shouting)

[Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread - GAME OVER! Invaders win!

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Re: [Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread

Post by Sturg »

Oh geez this is starting.

I agree that we should probably get some potential information from helpful roles before go all nilly-nally and RL a role like that. Although that could be risky in the sense that we don't really know what info we could overall get. I'm assuming it's all just basic stuff seen in a vanilla game, but who knows, there could be some super OP role we have no clue about (even though that's unlikely).

Not to mention not knowing the roles gives the mafia a slight advantage in the sense that we can't really use the process of elimination to determine what roles are taken or not. There's gonna be a whole bunch a role-claims that'll cause suspicion since, well, we don't really know the roles.

I guess that will be part of the fun?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

This... is a tad awkward compared to the games of mafia I've played up til now... hmm. Knowing the roles really does make a huge difference, doesn't it?

Vote: No one.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Sturg wrote:There's gonna be a whole bunch a role-claims that'll cause suspicion since, well, we don't really know the roles.
Also a good point.
Vote: No one for now at least.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

[Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread

Post by Sorel »

Fine.

Unvote: rarkuul

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Unvote: Falky

I would have been up for RL, since it would have been a good way to gain some information quickly.
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

*pokes head out of a Youtube place*

Unvote: FluffiMasta
Vote: No one
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Yeah, seems like this is a foregone conclusion. Since we know absolutely nothing, there's no shame in taking a cautious approach.

Unvote: Window Squeegee
Vote: No One
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Well, the day is now over, so I'm locking voting (and powers) now. The next day will start soon with an update post.

Voting Locked
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Vote Summary
  • No-one - 11
The muttering among the crowds became quiet as Hoeloe approached with the hammer.
"Have you all made up your minds?"
There was some more muttering.
"We don't really have any leads..." began TheVulpineHero1. There were some general nods of agreement, but no-one gave any suggestions. Then, raekuul stood up.
"Let's get the ball rolling, I'm voting for Falky."
Discussion began to spring up from all over. Was Falky the right choice? Should someone be voted randomly, in the hope of making a lucky guess?
"I think the problem is that we don't have anyone to go against," said Falky. "We could just try and take someone down, but it could be worse for us in the long run."
There was a lot of discussion, but it eventually began to settle down.
"Everyone," started Hoeloe, "please make your votes."
There was a nervous silence, but eventually, the votes were counted.
"It's unanimous. We'll let things lie for today, and hope to gather more information soon." And with that, Hoeloe left.

No-one was voted to be banned today.

Some time later, TheVulpineHero1 was busy working out some ideal passwords, to help protect people's accounts from the attacks. Progress was being made, but slowly.

There was a small sound. TheVulpineHero1 looked around, and was met with a horrific grin.

"U SUXX. UR FORMU SUXX 2"

TheVulpineHero1 screamed, face contorted in horror and revulsion, before finally settling into the same grin that had proved so fatal...

TheVulpineHero1 was trolled. They were the Password Resetter, a respectable user who could protect other users from Hacking.

Hearing the scream, raekull looked up from a post, which had been carefully filtered to remove anything that might prove to contain spoilers. On the way to help, though, raekuul suddenly hit an invisible wall. Confused, raekuul tried again, and this time an error message appeared:

"ERROR: Incorrect password."

In horror, raekuul realised that this was the end, and began to disintegrate. By the time anyone else arrived, all that was left of raekuul's account was a pile of ash.

raekuul was hacked. They were the Spoiler Tagger, a respectable user who could protect other users from being Trolled.

As the sun rose over the Talkhaus, it soon became clear that repelling these invader was going to be a lot tougher.

Dawn of the Second Day
  • FluffiMasta
  • pholtos
  • Mikkofier
  • KobaBeach
  • Vergalon
  • 8flight
  • Window Squeegee
  • raekuul - Spoiler Tagger
  • sedron
  • Whimsical Calamari
  • Elgadika
  • bkamakaze
  • Falky
  • Holy
  • TheVulpineHero1 - Password Resetter
  • Sturg
  • Willhart
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I think there is a third party or something. Also that was the shortest night I've ever seen. Does anyone know a trustworthy way to make a random vote?
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Well, that's unfortunate. Two good players gone. Not sure what hacking's all about, but raekuul seemed to be basically a doc, which isn't good.
Willhart wrote:Does anyone know a trustworthy way to make a random vote?
Not particularly, unfortunately. However, with two deaths tonight, we may have to start lynching. If there is a third party, hope they hit an invader at some point.
EDIT: Just realised raekuul was hacked rather than trolled. Something to keep in mind, a possible third there.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

So, we lost basically two doctors this night, which is probably one of the worst scenarios, since we can't prevent nightkills without them. It makes it harder for cops to claim. I'm not that sure about RL anymore.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Willhart wrote:So, we lost basically two doctors this night, which is probably one of the worst scenarios, since we can't prevent nightkills without them. It makes it harder for cops to claim. I'm not that sure about RL anymore.
And yet, an RL is about the only thing we can do if we want to get anywhere at this point. An RL or a risky claim, anyway. We take the risk and RL, we can potentially push someone into giving out useful information, at the risk of a possible faster Forum Lose. We NL and do nothing for another night, and we risking any information our cops (mods?) have to be lost to a nightkill. Either feels like a loss in the making, but personally I think the Random Lynch would yield a greater reward.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Losing two good forumites in the first night (that could have saved each other, oddly enough,) makes this look like not the best times for us.

Still, I don't particularly want to throw anybody into the fire on my own. I think we kind of need to act on what little information we have to have any chance of success.

I need to go remove some license plates from an old car now, but when I get back I'll share more of my thoughts on the situation.
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

Ah jeez, what a catastrophic time this is...
The fact that two of our best and brightest have been targeted from the start does not bode well for the talkhaus...
If there are two forces at work against us... perhaps they will take each other out?
I doubt it.
We didn't make a stand yesterday, and we lost for sure
Unless someone knows something, I think we may need to consider the unthinkable...

*seeks refuge on Talkhaugotchi Island*
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Three players haven't posted here so far. They're Koba, Elgadika and 8flight. Two of them have been active, but 8flight hasn't been around in a couple of days. He should be a non-threat, by that token, so voting for him would probably be a bad idea for now. Koba and Elga are probably at least aware the game is running, and could be participating in PMs and stuff, so that's a thing.

Otherwise, I think cases of suspicion could be made for Falky, Fluffi, Willhart, Vergalon or myself. Maybe we should discuss this group of people for now?
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Quote-summoning the remaining players as per a request in the discussion thread. I will add this to the end of each day's update post from now on.
FluffiMasta wrote:
pholtos wrote:
Mikkofier wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
Vergalon wrote:
8flight wrote:
Window Squeegee wrote:
sedron wrote:
Whimsical Calamari wrote:
Elgadika wrote:
bkamakaze wrote:
Falky wrote:
Holy wrote:
Sturg wrote:
Willhart wrote:
Holy

Post by Holy »

Hrm. Okay, so it does pretty much look like there's two maf groups, which is kinda terrible for the town unless they take each other out. I don't think RL is a bad idea at this point, we can't be too patient now that we know there's a potential for a town double-kill every night and we've already lost our protection against those kills.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Well that was a pretty bad first night, ouch.

So what would be the most advisable thing at this time, RLing someone or waiting patiently in the hopes of getting new info? I'm none too sure what would be best for town at this point.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

christ on a moped that was one hell of a first day

vulpine and raekuul
rip in piece
ImageImageImage
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Random lynching always feels like a bad idea, but then again we just lost two docs, both of whom could protect from two different groups of "mafia". Neither RL nor just twiddling our thumbs seem like good ideas...
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

With a random lynch, we either knock out scum or we get slightly closer to a loss than what our repeated NLs will get us. It's a risk, but there is more reward in at least starting a vote - if anything we get more information through threatening a "ban" than we will by being sitting ducks.

VOTE: Vergalon just so this can start somewhere. The day is nearly halfway to the end as it is.

Also because the melodrama seems a bit fishy to me

edit: It's probably best to notify someone that they're being voted on considering how quick this game is meant to go, so
Vergalon wrote:
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

guys we forgot the 1st rule of mafia always lynch 8flight d1

Bunch of superstition but you never know... ;)

I also like how both doctors fell victim to what each other doctor could've saved. But now that town's down 2 doctors against mafia and a potential neutral, there's a super risky chance that RL will lynch town, and town will be down 3 three more folks (unless neutral hits mafia somehow).
sedron wrote:Otherwise, I think cases of suspicion could be made for Falky, Fluffi, Willhart, Vergalon or myself.
I'm curious by this statement, why would you make a case of suspicion for these guys in particular? Including yourself?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Sturg wrote:
sedron wrote:Otherwise, I think cases of suspicion could be made for Falky, Fluffi, Willhart, Vergalon or myself.
I'm curious by this statement, why would you make a case of suspicion for these guys in particular? Including yourself?
I can't speak for sedron 100% accurately, but I think they're just the only ones who voted for someone on the first day, before changing to un-vote? Adding themselves to the list might refer to the post itself, in a meta-sort of way?
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Sturg wrote:guys we forgot the 1st rule of mafia always lynch 8flight d1
Last time he was on was 6.1 before the game had started. He's not being too helpful for the talkhaus.

The player with the most votes will be banned. I'll vote Fluffi since he has been somewhat random so far and he voted for raekuul last night for some reason.

VOTE: FluffiMasta