(shouting)

[Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread - GAME OVER! Invaders win!

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: [Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread

Post by Dizzybelle »

VOTE: Vergalon

im with calamari on this, vergy-boy, sorry mate
we gotta strike someone, or else we're all gonna get picked off one by one.
and whimsy makes a good point, yo.

and you cant just run and hide on my damn island when things get dicey
ImageImageImage
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Sturg wrote:
sedron wrote:Otherwise, I think cases of suspicion could be made for Falky, Fluffi, Willhart, Vergalon or myself.
I'm curious by this statement, why would you make a case of suspicion for these guys in particular? Including yourself?
Mostly because we're the only people at the time I wrote that post that said more than a few lines apiece or made any cases for voting for or against somebody. Sorry, I meant to get back to this thread and explain that a bit more earlier, but I didn't. =P

I included myself because I felt I probably was no less suspicious than the others, so it seemed fair enough.

So we have, what, two votes for Verg and one for Fluffi right now?
Willhart wrote:
Sturg wrote:guys we forgot the 1st rule of mafia always lynch 8flight d1
Last time he was on was 6.1 before the game had started. He's not being too helpful for the talkhaus.

The player with the most votes will be banned. I'll vote Fluffi since he has been somewhat random so far and he voted for raekuul last night for some reason.

VOTE: FluffiMasta
I can kind of see Fluffi as being a good target, but not necessarily because he's random. I'm getting a bit of a vibe from his RP-type stuff that he knows more than he's letting on. Also I don't know if his vote even counted. He never used bold font for his cote or unvote, and while he did try to unvote Raekuul, he typo'd the name.

As for using the fact that he voted at all as a reason to lynch him, well, you did the same thing. Earlier than Fluffi, at that. And you're doing it again today, even though there's a perfectly good Vergalon band-wagon to hop on. If he's suspicious for the reasons you outlined, then aren't you too?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'm trying to give people more choices since everyone seems really quiet. My first day vote was partly because I thought fluffi had already voted for falky too, and I hoped for an early rl when it would not place us too much in a disadvantage.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Willhart wrote:I'll vote Fluffi since he has been somewhat random so far and he voted for raekuul last night for some reason.
As sedron pointed out, you quickly followed raekuul's vote. I can see why you thought Fluffi voted for me, though. As Fluffi voted for raekuul yesterday and raekuul died last night, I'm inclined to think that Fluffi didn't kill him. However, it's a bit of a tricky situation. It's fairly common knowledge in mafia that if you're one of the few people that voted for someone and then they die at night, it's a bit suspicious, so people tend to avoid doing that. That means, though, that the mafia can try to kill the person who thet voted for in a effort to frame them, which in turn means that Fluffi could be scum and killed raekuul so that people would think "oh, someone's trying to frame him". It's quite WIFOM and ultimately, I've used quite a few words to reach no great conclusion.
Holy wrote:Hrm. Okay, so it does pretty much look like there's two maf groups, which is kinda terrible for the town unless they take each other out. I don't think RL is a bad idea at this point, we can't be too patient now that we know there's a potential for a town double-kill every night and we've already lost our protection against those kills.
Or possibly a lone third-party. Either way, I agree with your point. Worth pointing out that there may be other protective roles though, hard to say definitively without knowing the numbers.
sedron wrote:
Sturg wrote:
sedron wrote:Otherwise, I think cases of suspicion could be made for Falky, Fluffi, Willhart, Vergalon or myself.
I'm curious by this statement, why would you make a case of suspicion for these guys in particular? Including yourself?
Mostly because we're the only people at the time I wrote that post that said more than a few lines apiece or made any cases for voting for or against somebody. Sorry, I meant to get back to this thread and explain that a bit more earlier, but I didn't. =P
Lurking is also suspicious though. A bit of meta here, but no offence to Koba, he's stated himself that he's not the best mafia player in the world so it's a bit difficult to judge.

That being said, we need to get something happening and for that reason I'll Vote: Vergalon for now.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Vergalon's acting kind of suspicious and we really do need to do something, so...

Vote: Vergalon
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

Melodrama?

(lol)

This case is serous, three have already been eradicated from the talkhaus entirely

(!!)

Someone even seems to be uploading videos on raocow's account, seeming to make it look like nothing happened.

(What?)

But him playing Symphony of the Night? Not in my wildest dreams

(oh~ meta)

I can't provide evidence to my innocence in this matter, but I will act upon my first hunch I had yesterday

(Sorry Fluffi)

I hope I don't regret this

(things aren't looking good)

VOTE: FluffiMasta

*Watches impostorcow play SotN*
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

We could ban impostorcow next, but then we would get no more videos.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

[Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread

Post by Sorel »

Well yesterday I only voted for raekuul because I wanted to see how he responded to that, and afterwards, I changed my vote since I saw no reason to lynch/ban him anymore.

The thing about the RP was like, you know, to see if people would do the same thing, but apparently, I'm the only one who did or will do that (except for our host).

I had my intentions, dear Willhart.

Vote: Vergalon

Sorry that it had come to this.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Going to be closing voting fairly soon. If you haven't voted yet, now is your chance.
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

I sometimes wonder if my ghost would be the good kind, or the bad kind :3
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Voting Locked

Be on the lookout for the update post!
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Vote Summary
  • Vergalon 5
  • FluffiMasta 2
There was a dismayed silence from the Talkhaus.
"As we know," began Hoeloe, "two of our major assets in this fight have been taken out by our attackers. It's up to us to hunt them down."
Discussion began to form, and several users exclaimed their horror at the events of the previous night.
"We need to take out someone, so I'm voting for Vergalon!" Whimsical Calamari exclaimed over the noise. There was a muttering of agreement from several people.
"I think FluffiMasta is suspicious, so that's where my vote goes." said Willhart in response.
"I think Calamari is right, so I'm going with Vergalon." said bkamakaze.
There was more discussion for some time, before Hoeloe struck the hammer against the floor.
"Let's tally them up."
The counting began.
"It looks like most people think Vergalon is to blame." Hoeloe walked forwards, towards where Vergalon was taking part in the debate.
I sometimes wonder if my ghost would be the good kind, or the bad kind..."
The hammer fell, and Vergalon disappeared in a cloud of ash.

Vergalon was banned. They were a User, a regular Talkhauser with no special abilities.

There was a creak on the stair. A figure stalked gently through the night. Under the hood, a terrible grin could just be seen. The attacker reached the door, and prepared for the assault. Flinging the door open, and discarding the thick cloak that concealed their identitly, the troll launched their best attack...

and Willhart found himself staring at his own face. The horrible, contorted monstrosity. Willhart screamed, and collapsed onto the ground.

Willhart was trolled by a redirected power. They were a Troll, an offending user behind some of the attacks!

From behind the mirror, a figure stepped out. This had gone better than expected. To redirect a power back was one thing, but to catch one of those attacking the forums was a huge plus! Tucking the mirror away, sedron set off home.

And hit a wall.

"ERROR: Incorrect password."

"...Oh no." As the wall compressed inwards, sedron disintegrated, the mirror falling the floor and shattering.

sedron was hacked. They were the Post Mover, a respectable user who could redirect the targets of other user's powers.

There was some rejoicing the next day, as one of those responsible for the turmoil had been brought to justice, but it was all too clear that it was far from over.

Dawn of the Third Day
  • FluffiMasta
  • pholtos
  • Mikkofier
  • KobaBeach
  • Vergalon - User
  • 8flight
  • Window Squeegee
  • raekuul - Spoiler Tagger
  • sedron - Post Mover
  • Whimsical Calamari
  • Elgadika
  • bkamakaze
  • Falky
  • Holy
  • TheVulpineHero1 - Password Resetter
  • Sturg
  • Willhart - Troll
FluffiMasta wrote:
pholtos wrote:
Mikkofier wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
8flight wrote:
Window Squeegee wrote:
Whimsical Calamari wrote:
Elgadika wrote:
bkamakaze wrote:
Falky wrote:
Holy wrote:
Sturg wrote:
Falky

Post by Falky »

Nice one, sedron.
So, with Willhart being a troll, that might clear Fluffi (by which I mean he's most likely not a troll, he could still be a third or something). So that's something.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sorel
In the shadows

[Mafia] Talkhaus Invasion and Ice Cream Game Thread

Post by Sorel »

One troll down.

I'm pretty sure there is just one hacker (like the survivor in Mafia), but I think there are more than 3 trolls.
Last edited by Sorel 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

So we lynched an innocent, but then managed to get one troll banned purely by luck, but then again we lost that protection right afterwards? One step forward, two back...
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

While it sucks Vergalon died, at least they were blue so it wasn't too bad of a loss. Not to mention we got a mafia (?), but in turn lost a doctor-like role, so ehhh.
Falky wrote: Lurking is also suspicious though. A bit of meta here, but no offence to Koba, he's stated himself that he's not the best mafia player in the world so it's a bit difficult to judge.
What could be said about 8flight and Elgadika? Apparently it says 8flight hasn't logged on since the 5th, but they could always be lurking.

It sucks since there isn't really much to say whether they're being suspicious or just not here, at least for 8flight. :/ Pretty sure though that Koba and Elga know about the game because pings.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Falky

Post by Falky »

Sturg wrote:What could be said about 8flight and Elgadika? Apparently it says 8flight hasn't logged on since the 5th, but they could always be lurking.

It sucks since there isn't really much to say whether they're being suspicious or just not here, at least for 8flight. :/ Pretty sure though that Koba and Elga know about the game because pings.
Not too sure, unfortunately. 8flight often tends to show up to vote at least, so I'd assume he's away from the internet or something at the moment. Elgadika showed up to vote in Blueberry Cannoli Crunch Mafia, so there's that.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

The first vote I make in an attempt to get some useful information and it leads to a blue getting killed instead. ergh
I wish he had said more about his hunch about Fluffi, though given the lack of powers there wasn't much info to be gained.

This bothered me, though. Something seems a bit suspicious about bk's vote post here. I don't know what (maybe the act of putting on a character did it for me) but it seems odd.
bkamakaze wrote:VOTE: Vergalon

im with calamari on this, vergy-boy, sorry mate
we gotta strike someone, or else we're all gonna get picked off one by one.
and whimsy makes a good point, yo.
(since i demonstrably don't have the best judgement when it comes to these hunches, though, I will refrain from calling a vote.)
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

a banned user, a trolled troll and a hacked doctor?
ouch

well, at least this turn wasnt a complete mess

how many 'doctors' do we even have left?
i mean, three have been killed so far
that cant leave many
ImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

If I had to wager, I'd guess we don't have any more doctors, based on previous games. I wouldn't suspect we'd have any more.

On the bright side at least one of the bad ones was taken down.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

things have gotten awfully quiet, yo

i consulted my islanders, over in my Talkhaugotchi save file, and the majority of the islanders voted for 8flight.
Including 8flight himself.
which was weird

so im going to trust the R.N.G-sus, and
Vote: 8Flight

i have no other basis for this vote other than a video game told me to.
ImageImageImage
Falky

Post by Falky »

It's not like we'd be losing much, I suppose.
Vote: 8flight for now.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Vote: 8flight
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

Something must be done.

Vote: 8flight
-Kurt Vonnegut
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Not long until the end of the day everyone. Get those votes in!