(shouting)

Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - (recruitment thread -- full)

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
ano0maly
Discord User

Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - (recruitment thread -- full)

Post by ano0maly »

Click Here

This game is designed as an improvised remake of Refreshing Mineral Water Mafia, which was lost during the Talkhaustrope.

The setup is designed for 14 players.

Basic Rules:
  • Do not talk about mafia outside the thread (except for mafia during night, who can communicate via PM).
  • The game ends with town win if all mafia members are dead.
  • The game ends with mafia win if the town-mafia ratio shows that there are at least as many mafia members as town members.
  • During the day, you may vote for one person or for "no lynch" option and you may switch your vote or abstain/recall your vote.
  • Day lasts at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours. After the initial 24 hours, a majority of votes for a person (or no lynch option) ends the day. If no majority is reached by the end, the person with the most votes is lynched. There is no lynch when there is a tie vote for two or more persons with most votes.
  • During the night, a power role can PM the host with the night action(s). You can PM "no action" if you do not want to take action that night.
  • A visit is defined as a night action towards another, alive player. Not all night actions are considered visits.
  • Night reports are delivered at the beginning of the next day.
Role Information

Since there were alterations to some of the roles, I'll briefly explain a few important changes.
  • The Tracker is also a sort of miller.
  • Like in my last game, if the mafia attacks the Doctor, the person the Doctor is trying to save gets attacked instead.
  • The third-party role seemed to be able to flip-flop between town and mafia too easily, so I set it up so that the role needs to choose between switching sides and using a visiting action.
  • The third-party role has three drinks to give out. The first adds a watcher effect. The second adds a janitor/bulletproof effect. The third adds vote, as opposed to negating vote (which had the problem of slowing down the game).
  • A casualty can become the Apparition, who can shield from the Stalker. This was added to provide a counter to the Stalker, but it can also hinder Cops.
Full List:
<Town> (9)

Blue Villager (4): No actions at night.

Sane Cop (1): Visits a person at night. Sees if that person is innocent or guilty.
Stalker, Blocker, and Tracker are seen as guilty. Duplicator and other town members are seen as innocent.
A Bartender is seen as whichever side that is set that night.
Seen as a Cop to self, when seen by Stalker, when dead, and when revealed by Oracle.

Insane Cop (1): Visits a person at night. Sees if that person is innocent or guilty.
Stalker, Blocker, and Tracker are seen as innocent. Duplicator and other town members are seen as guilty.
A Bartender is seen as the inverse of whichever side that is set that night.
Seen as a Cop to self, when seen by Stalker, when dead, and when revealed by Oracle.

Sneaky Tracker (1): Visits a person at night. If that person visited someone that night, the Tracker sees which person it was.
If the Tracker visits a mafia that is visiting two people that night, only the visit for attack will be shown to the Tracker.
Seen to Cops as inverse of other town members.

Fragile Oracle (1): Visits a person at night. The person is selected as the Oracle's target.
When the Oracle dies, the role of the most recently targeted of those alive is revealed to all players.
If the mafia attacks the Oracle, the Oracle dies even if the Doctor protects the Oracle or if the Oracle drinks the Tea.

Clumsy Doctor (1): Visits a person at night. If the mafia attacks that person, the attack is negated. The negated attack still counts as a visit. Does not negate attack towards the Oracle.
However, if the mafia attacks the Doctor when the Doctor is visiting a non-mafia, the attack transfers to the visited person. The mafia is not considered to have visited that person for the attack.
If the Doctor visits a mafia, the attack does not transfer and therefore proceeds as usual.

<Mafia> (3)

Mafia can meet together at night and discuss.
Each night, mafia members choose who to attack and which mafia will go visit that person to commence the attack.

Stalker (1): Visits a person at night. Learns the role of that person.

Blocker (1): Visits a person at night. If that person visits anyone that night, the visit cancels. That person is told that the visit is cancelled.
Cancelled visits do not show up to the Tracker or to the person that drank the Water.
The Blocker cannot visit to block someone that the mafia visits to attack during the same night.

Duplicator (1): If there is a dead mafia, Duplicator can select that mafia and assume that mafia's role and powers. Takes effect starting the next day.
Does not count as a visit. Can be done only once in the game.
Seen to Cops as inverse of other mafia members until the Duplicator selects another mafia.

<Bartenders> (2)

Bartenders do not form a team.
A Bartender can side with either town or mafia. When the game ends, the Bartender wins or loses with the side currently set.
The Bartender does not count as that side for determining town-mafia ratio.
A Bartender can either give a drink to a player or switch sides, but not both during the same night.

Switch Sides: A Bartender can choose the town side or the mafia side. Takes effect starting the next day.
The initial side is randomly chosen when the game begins.
Does not count as a visit.

Give Drink: Visits a person at night. Can give one drink to that person. A Bartender has only one drink of each type.

<List of Drinks>

Refreshing Mineral Water: Shows that person everyone who visited that person that night.
Does not show Bartender(s) that gave the Water to that person that night.

Relaxing Plum Tea: If the person that drank the Tea dies in any subsequent day or night, the role of that person is not revealed to the players upon death.
Also, adds to that person bulletproof status. If the mafia attacks that person during any subsequent night, the attack is negated and the bulletproof status ends. The negated attack still counts as a visit.
The bulletproof status does not end if the attack is negated because of the Doctor. The attack transfer by the Doctor takes place before the Tea.
Tea takes effect starting the next day. Has no effect if the Oracle drinks the Tea.

Enigmatic Chocolate Milk: Automatically adds one vote for lynching that person in any subsequent day.
Effects of the Milk end after the Bartender that gave the Milk is dead.

<Apparition>

First non-mafia player to die becomes the Apparition. The person's win conditions remain the same.

Apparition: Visits a person at night. Adds veil to that person. Veil takes effect starting the next day.
During any subsequent night, if a Cop or Stalker visits that person, the visit cancels, and the veil disappears after that night. That visitor is told that the visit is cancelled.
Cancelled visits do not show up to the Tracker or to the person that drank the Water.
Each person can be veiled only once in the game.
Signups List

pholtos
Cubewano
jayScribble
Falky
alex2
zmonbobbo
Aposke
Holy
Dan
freelop
RedMageMike
8flight
Ignoritus
Fluffi-dono
Last edited by ano0maly 9 years ago, edited 13 times in total.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - SIGNUPS

Post by pholtos »

I'm always up for mafia.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Cubewano

Post by Cubewano »

I'd like to join (but everyone better hope I don't get cop again)
http://buymybook@frauds.wav.avi.biz.co.uk
3DS friendcode: 2079-8183-3599

NOT a part of the Illuminati
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Woo hoo I'm up for it.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Signing up.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

I'm in. I like this ruleset better than the last one, but I'll probably have to reread it like 5 times, haha.
I'm probably driving right now.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Here's hoping for the bartender role, I've always wanted to try my hand at that profession...
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Talkhaustrophe
This keeps getting mentioned... what is/was that?
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Holy

Post by Holy »

I'm in
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Fluffi-dono wrote:
Talkhaustrophe
http://talkhaus.wikispaces.com/Talkhaustrophe
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Aposke wrote:
Fluffi-dono wrote:
Talkhaustrophe
http://talkhaus.wikispaces.com/Talkhaustrophe

Oh god, that seemed to be terrible...
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

8 signups so far. I don't knw if Fluffi-dono wants to play.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I'll play your little game
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

ano0maly wrote:8 signups so far. I don't knw if Fluffi-dono wants to play.

Oh, that's a game? I have to read how it works.

EDIT: Sounds way too confusing...
freelop

Post by freelop »

I'll play
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

I'm game.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Re: Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - SIGNUPS (2 left? )

Post by Ignoritus »

I can't wait to die first turn again! Sign me up! :D
Sorel
In the shadows

Re: Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - SIGNUPS (1 left? )

Post by Sorel »

So, like, who cares, I join, but don't expect me to understand the rulez.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

alex2 wrote:
Fluffi-dono wrote:So, like, who cares, I join, but don't expect me to understand the rulez.
Only join if you'll play
I never said I won't play.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

After reading them 20 times, I get the rules now. Hooray.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

This is basically the summary of the game:
Pasted from hijo wrote:Mafia (with a big M) is a game of strategy and psychological trickery. In the game's most basic form, there are two teams: town and mafia (little m). The ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, the town's main focus is identifying mafia members and executing them. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles, such as the cop and the doctor. All such roles will be explained in detail later on.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia has meetings via PM and decided which town member to kill. The mafia also have specialized roles, and these players perform their actions at night as well. Any power roles from the town (cop, doctor, etc.) also send the host their night actions at this time. Once all actions have been sent, the night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. The players democratically choose who should be killed that day. The purpose of this vote is to eliminate the mafia, but it often ends in the death of a townsperson due to misinformation. Daytime ends after someone is killed.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or all the mafia have died.
Some tips from Epicmafia wiki:
Basic Game Play
Mafia has 2 phases: Day and Night.
During the night phase, power roles can perform their actions - for example, the mafia talk secretly with each other and decide who they want to kill, the cop chooses someone to investigate, and so on.
During the day phase, people discuss between them and try to figure out who the mafia is. People may vote to lynch, or execute, other people, and when everyone votes - the person that 50% or more of the town votes, is lynched.
The town wins once all of the mafia are dead.
The mafia wins once they outnumber the town. (For example 2 mafia and 2 townies = mafia won)
Other Quick Tips
Keep Notepad open to keep records of suspected guilty players, quotes helping you prove your case in the late game, fake cop reports, real cop reports and other important notes. Another alternative is to just look back in previous days and find scum tells that way (see Viewing History in the Basic Game Play section above)
Remember the flow of the game. Remember who voted when, and after what was said. Remember who bandwagoned, who unvoted at opportune moments, etc. This may not be helpful in proving your case when stuck in a lylo situation, since the flow of a day, in terms of voting, cannot be revisited (only the end result of the day), but it can help guide you into making good investigations/saves/random lynches.
Practice. Don't get flustered if the game goes too quick for you. Ask questions and don't worry about winning when you start out. Just try and figure out how the game works, the terminology, and what you should do in certain situations.
Don't vote someone entirely based on the fact that you dislike/know them. This is especially apparent in Mafia meetings, when it is common to shoot/disguise people and can possibly give you away very quickly if done.
Always remember mafia is a game of deception. Your friends can lie to you and you can lie to your friends. Nothing is a promise. Don't hate a player if he/she lies to you. After all, this is a game.
Don't worry about all the complicated roles. The main roles you should be aware of (besides the difference between town and mafia) are cop and doctor. Cop can learn information about other players, while doctor can prevent a mafia kill. The rest can be picked up along the way as you watch others play.

Honestly though this setup was meant for veteran players so I want to double check if you're up for it.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

ano0maly wrote:This is basically the summary of the game:
Pasted from hijo wrote:Mafia (with a big M) is a game of strategy and psychological trickery. In the game's most basic form, there are two teams: town and mafia (little m). The ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, the town's main focus is identifying mafia members and executing them. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles, such as the cop and the doctor. All such roles will be explained in detail later on.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia has meetings via PM and decided which town member to kill. The mafia also have specialized roles, and these players perform their actions at night as well. Any power roles from the town (cop, doctor, etc.) also send the host their night actions at this time. Once all actions have been sent, the night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. The players democratically choose who should be killed that day. The purpose of this vote is to eliminate the mafia, but it often ends in the death of a townsperson due to misinformation. Daytime ends after someone is killed.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or all the mafia have died.
Some tips from Epicmafia wiki:
Basic Game Play
Mafia has 2 phases: Day and Night.
During the night phase, power roles can perform their actions - for example, the mafia talk secretly with each other and decide who they want to kill, the cop chooses someone to investigate, and so on.
During the day phase, people discuss between them and try to figure out who the mafia is. People may vote to lynch, or execute, other people, and when everyone votes - the person that 50% or more of the town votes, is lynched.
The town wins once all of the mafia are dead.
The mafia wins once they outnumber the town. (For example 2 mafia and 2 townies = mafia won)
Other Quick Tips
Keep Notepad open to keep records of suspected guilty players, quotes helping you prove your case in the late game, fake cop reports, real cop reports and other important notes. Another alternative is to just look back in previous days and find scum tells that way (see Viewing History in the Basic Game Play section above)
Remember the flow of the game. Remember who voted when, and after what was said. Remember who bandwagoned, who unvoted at opportune moments, etc. This may not be helpful in proving your case when stuck in a lylo situation, since the flow of a day, in terms of voting, cannot be revisited (only the end result of the day), but it can help guide you into making good investigations/saves/random lynches.
Practice. Don't get flustered if the game goes too quick for you. Ask questions and don't worry about winning when you start out. Just try and figure out how the game works, the terminology, and what you should do in certain situations.
Don't vote someone entirely based on the fact that you dislike/know them. This is especially apparent in Mafia meetings, when it is common to shoot/disguise people and can possibly give you away very quickly if done.
Always remember mafia is a game of deception. Your friends can lie to you and you can lie to your friends. Nothing is a promise. Don't hate a player if he/she lies to you. After all, this is a game.
Don't worry about all the complicated roles. The main roles you should be aware of (besides the difference between town and mafia) are cop and doctor. Cop can learn information about other players, while doctor can prevent a mafia kill. The rest can be picked up along the way as you watch others play.

Honestly though this setup was meant for veteran players so I want to double check if you're up for it.
There's always a first try, so count me in.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Relaxing Plum Tea Mafia - (recruitment thread -- full)

Post by ano0maly »

OK then!

The game thread has been posted, so please wait for your role PMs.