Mafia de vainilla, hijo (GAME OVER)

Post by Dan »

Welcome to Mafia de vainilla, hijo!

:!: TIME/VOTES :!:
n5

:!: ROLES :!:
Town-Aligned (10)
  • Villager (3): Has no night actions. Also known as a "blue."
  • Cop (1): Visits one person each night. In the morning, Cop will know whether that person is town- or mafia-aligned.
  • Doctor (2): Visits one person each night. If that person is targeted by the mafia that night, they will not die.
  • Oracle (1): Chooses one person each night. If the oracle is killed at any time, that person's role will be revealed to the rest of the players.
  • Tracker (1): Visits one person each night. If that person visits another player, the tracker will know who they visited.
  • Bomb (1): Has no night actions. If any player kills the bomb, both that player and the bomb will die. Will not explode if killed in the daytime.
  • Bulletproof (1): Has no night actions. The bulletproof can survive one murder attempt by the mafia. Afterwards, he becomes a normal villager.
Mafia-Aligned (4)
  • Godfather (1): Participates in mafia meetings. If investigated by the cop, the godfather will appear innocent.
  • Hooker (1): Participates in mafia meetings. Visits one person each night. That person will be unable to perform any night actions that night.
  • Stalker (1): Participates in mafia meetings. Visits one person each night. Has a 50% chance of knowing that person's role in the morning.
  • Mafioso (1): Participates in mafia meetings.
Third-Party (1)
  • Survivor (1): Hides behind one person each night. If the mafia attempts to kill the survivor that night, they will end up killing the player the survivor is hiding behind. Survivor wins if he is alive at the end of the game. Appears as town-aligned to cops.
:!: RULES :!:
  1. All Mafia discussion is limited to this thread. You may not theorize, collude with other players, or otherwise ruin the game except in the thread. If you are part of a team, such as the mafia, you may discuss the game with them during the designated times.
  2. Whispers will be allowed in this game. To secretly contact another player during the day, PM me your message and the intended recipient. To keep this from breaking the game, whispers have a 10% chance of leaking to the other players. There is a 5% chance that both the sender and the recipient will be revealed in these leaks; otherwise, only the sender will be revealed.
  3. You may not post at night. There is one exception: all dead players are allowed to make one final post whenever they choose. You may not reveal any information about the game in these posts.
  4. The host is not a player, and is completely impartial (I'm talking to you, anomaly). Posts made by the host can be trusted.
  5. During the night, you must send me, the host, your night action in a PM. If you do not send it in a timely manner, you will be killed.
  6. If you have to leave for a few days or are otherwise incapacitated, let me know ASAP so I can kill you.
  7. If you are not an active player (i.e. not posting, not voting, etc.) you will be killed. Do not sign up if you aren't going to play.
  8. During the day, everyone votes on who should be killed. Once a majority is reached, that person dies. If everyone has voted and no majority is reached, a countdown begins, at the end of which whoever has the most votes will die.
  9. Days will last a minimum amount of time to accommodate different timezones.
  10. Talkhaus Mafia is based on epicmafia rules, but does not necessarily follow those rules to the letter.
  11. You may not remove things from your posts after people have responded to them. If you wish to retract something, use strikethrough tags, but do not simply delete text from the post.
  12. The game ends when all mafia are dead, or when the mafia outnumbers the town.
:!: NOTES :!:
  • Mafia: In order to have someone killed, you must vote on the target and on which mafia member will kill the target.
  • Hooker/Stalker: If you are chosen to kill the target, kills take place before your special ability. This is a dumb technicality that has caused issues in the past.
  • Hooker: The oracle is immune to the hooker.
  • Doctor: If the doctor saves a bulletproof who has not yet been hit, the bulletproof will remain unhit; that is, he will still be bulletproof even after being attacked.
  • Survivor: If the survivor's chosen person does not visit anyone and the survivor is attacked, the survivor's chosen person will die in his place. If the survivor's chosen person is attacked, both that person and the survivor die. If the survivor's chosen person visits someone during the night, the survivor is left unprotected.
  • None of the roles in this game can visit themselves at night.
:!: PLAYERS :!:
ano0maly
Falky
jayScribble
Jesuiscontent (Villager)
LukaRamu
pholtos
RedMageMike
zmonbobbo

:twisted: GRAVEYARD :twisted:
Ignoritus (Villager)
phencer42 (Tracker)
OC (Mafioso)
freelop (Oracle)
Cubewano (Cop)
Holy (Survivor)
8flight (Doctor)
Last edited by Dan 10 years ago, edited 20 times in total.
Dan

Re: Mafia de vainilla, hijo (PARTICIPATION)

Post by Dan »

I just want to call attention to this rule I forgot to add in the signups thread:
You may not remove things from your posts after people have responded to them. If you wish to retract something, use strikethrough tags, but do not simply delete text from the post.
Dan

Post by Dan »

It has occurred to me that my bomb is incredibly broken. For once I'm going to defer to epicmafia rules:
Anyone who kills him/her will be blown up.
This does not apply to daytime kills
Dan

Post by Dan »

Good morning! You awake to find that Ignoritus, the villager, has died a bloody death. It is now day 1. 14 players remain; 8 votes are needed to kill.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: Mafia de vainilla, hijo (DAY 1)

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Holà qué tal

reportos por favor

Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Oh no a blue's dead whatever shall we do
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

At least we only lost a villager.

So what now? Random Lynch?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I don't gt the Survivor role. The Survivor can hide behind a person but if a mafia attacks that person the Survivor dies anyway?
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

10/10 great game would die first turn again :D
Falky

Post by Falky »

ano0maly wrote:I don't gt the Survivor role. The Survivor can hide behind a person but if a mafia attacks that person the Survivor dies anyway?
Yes. But if the survivor hides behind someone who doesn't visit and mafia try to kill vivor, nobody dies. Vivor isn't really worth worrying about too much for the time being at least.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
phencer42

Post by phencer42 »

Even if it's little information and potentially dangerous on my part to share it, I must do all I can to prevent this mafia scourge from assaulting our lovely town any further. I have done some investigative work and have notable evidence showing that RedMageMike is also likely a normal villager like our fallen dear Ignoritus (may he rest in peace in the delightful graveyard).

This evidence is by no means conclusive, but it is something to keep in mind. Does any other brave villager have any information to share with our town so we can stop this menace once and for all? We must employ all our resources to succeed!
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

It's too early to go off of anything. RL might be the best answer, or I guess we could just do nothing.

That said, Phencer came out with information really early. Kind of surprising that someone would admit to their role this early, but I don't really know what to make of it.
I'm probably driving right now.
phencer42

Post by phencer42 »

We still have two doctors, so the mafia may end up wasting time if they go after me. It's a bold move, but not one without repercussions that can be handled. The sooner we can narrow things down and act though, the sooner we can save our village. I cannot stand by idle as our townsfolk are murdered!

EDIT: This also means that if some members of our village find some people suspicious, they can ask me to investigate them via whisper so that they don't have to paint a target on themselves.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Except now you're virtually useless because of hooker. I have no clue why you would out yourself on the very first day with no guilty report. To me Phencer is mafia trying to bait a cop counter-claim and I'm very tempted to vote to lynch him. Not to mention giving a innocent report does absolutely nothing to "save the poor villagers from getting murdered" like he said so this seems way too scummy to me.

Voting Phencer42

Dan

Post by Dan »

I forgot to mention that today will last at least 24 hours because of the timezone rule, so until 4:35 PM EST
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I'm also a tad sceptical of Phencer42 now too. Tell me phencer, how did you figure out that RedMageMike is also likely a normal villager? Beyond that, it's a tad early to be posting evidence like this, anyway.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Falky

Post by Falky »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Except now you're virtually useless because of hooker. I have no clue why you would out yourself on the very first day with no guilty report. To me Phencer is mafia trying to bait a cop counter-claim and I'm very tempted to vote to lynch him. Not to mention giving a innocent report does absolutely nothing to "save the poor villagers from getting murdered" like he said so this seems way too scummy to me.
Basically this. Unless he's trying to draw the kill. Not entirely sure why he would say Mike is likely to be a blue either. Considering a blue is dead, if Phencer is cop and got an inno on Mike there's only a one in five chance that Mike's a blue (unless I've got my maths wrong, which is probable). Either way, I'd like Phencer to explain what he's playing at.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
phencer42

Post by phencer42 »

Alright, let's see how this goes. So there are the following scenarios:

1) I'm telling the truth. This means that the mafia knows I'm not a part of them and they know I must be destroyed. If you don't kill me now and protect me tonight we will find out and then we will know my intel is good. This also means I will be targeted by the hooker, but that will at least allow for the mafia to be distracted by me as the other intel gatherer can collect information freely as well as avoiding the chance of the bomb or survivor powers being stifled during attack.

2) I'm lying because I'm a part of the mafia. This means I will not be attacked and someone else will likely have their ability stifled. If this is the case then you will know I am mafia in the morning and I will be an easy target to pick off by vote.

3) I'm lying because I'm trying to draw a kill. This probably means I'm the survivor or the bomb. Either could be detrimental for a mafia member to attack so they will likely try to avoid attacking me until I have been successfully stalked.

I do not want you guys to let us know whether or not you will vote for me as this will keep the mafia in the dark, but I won't stop you from discussing.

The most likely course of action for the mafia tonight will be that I get stalked and hookered (teehee) and someone else will get attacked. Doctors, protect wisely tonight. We'll see if I have played my hand bravely or stupidly.

EDIT: Wait, votes are done publicly, aren't they...
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

phencer42 wrote:EDIT: Wait, votes are done publicly, aren't they...
Did your plan hinge on this? Because even then, I still can't figure it out.

I mean, even if I corroborate, that doesn't necessarily make you good. And if you get lynched and aren't a mafia person, what good is that to anyone?

And then if you're killed and revealed as a cop, I'm an easy target. Or maybe a boring target with no good reason to kill. So maybe I should thank you.

Right now, I dunno if I should reveal whether you're lying or not. I don't really see a point because it doesn't mean you're good or evil either way. I just don't know what you're trying to play at.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I don't think we should lynch phencer right now. This looks more like a new player's mistake.

We only have two investigative roles we can count on, the Cop and the Tracker; the Oracle is a backup card when we really need it. If this ends up in losing one of our investigators, right at day 1, we'll be short of reliable leads.
Falky

Post by Falky »

phencer42 wrote:Alright, let's see how this goes. So there are the following scenarios:
1) I'm telling the truth. This means that the mafia knows I'm not a part of them
Yes, because they wouldn't know this by virtue of you not being in the mafia meeting,
If you don't kill me now and protect me tonight we will find out and then we will know my intel is good.
By which you mean we'll learn nothing. An inno is useless at this stage, and there's only one cop sanity.
This also means I will be targeted by the hooker
Therefore you'll be useless.
2) I'm lying because I'm a part of the mafia. This means I will not be attacked and someone else will likely have their ability stifled. If this is the case then you will know I am mafia in the morning and I will be an easy target to pick off by vote.
I'm not sure how we would know. Hooker could just pick no one or somebody without a night action and you could just say "hey i've been hooked"
3) I'm lying because I'm trying to draw a kill. This probably means I'm the survivor or the bomb.
Bomb, maybe. Survivor, no. Why would the vivor put himself at risk?
EDIT: Wait, votes are done publicly, aren't they...
Yes.
RedMageMike wrote:Right now, I dunno if I should reveal whether you're lying or not.
What? He's saying you're town. What exactly are you going to do, turn round and say you're mafia?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Falky wrote:
RedMageMike wrote:Right now, I dunno if I should reveal whether you're lying or not.
What? He's saying you're town. What exactly are you going to do, turn round and say you're mafia?
I was thinking of the other roles. I could still be a doctor or bomb or something. I figured I had to at least address something since I was singled out in his post.
Cubewano

Post by Cubewano »

Phencer jumped the gun and announced his role way too soon to be a "new player's mistake".

Voting phencer42
http://buymybook@frauds.wav.avi.biz.co.uk
3DS friendcode: 2079-8183-3599

NOT a part of the Illuminati
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm not changing my vote because even assuming he is not lying phencer is just going to draw our docs' attention and not actually be useful because of hooker. The only benefit would be that he draws hooker's attention, but it's extremely unlikely that mafia has discovered a good hooking target for now so that benefit is really small. And if he is mafia that's obviously good for us if we lynch him.

freelop

Post by freelop »

Has everyone spoken yet?
If there is a cop and he has a guilty verdict he could cc phencer42, then we'd have 2 names to work on.

I don't want to lynch anyone just yet