(shouting)

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia (Town Wins!) - Päivä Viisi

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Demolition

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - День второй

Post by Demolition »

limepie20 wrote:I'm Doctor. The reason I'm revealing this is because I saved Aposke last night, which means mafia knows who I am since he died. I saved Jesuiscontent night one. He's either clear or millager was hit.

Other than that, I got nothing.
You are a super lucky doctor
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

Well, um, that complicates things, because that pretty much marks you for death in the very near future if you're telling the truth. How should we react to this, anyhow?
I'm probably driving right now.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

ilu limepie :( You really are the fabled godlike doc
Demolition wrote:
limepie20 wrote:I'm Doctor. The reason I'm revealing this is because I saved Aposke last night, which means mafia knows who I am since he died. I saved Jesuiscontent night one. He's either clear or millager was hit.

You are a super lucky doctor
More like super lucky stalker to me if he really was stalked n1. There's also the possibility that millager was hit n1 and limepie was random roleblocked n2 which would be even MORE lucky. Another theory is that limepie is actually mafia and is lying so that doc CCs, but that would basically be sacrificing just to kill doc and I'm pretty sure mafia can't afford to do that yet.

Either way, cops have a good way to test their sanity now.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh yeah I forgot that there were hookers. Too late now.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - Le Premier Jour

Post by Falky »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm umm mostly a bit confused as to how you play at all. Can someone like... PM me a basic strategy guide or "flow of game" thinger?
Epicmafia wiki wrote: Basic Game Play
Mafia has 2 phases: Day and Night.
During the night phase, power roles can perform their actions - for example, the mafia talk secretly with each other and decide who they want to kill, the cop chooses someone to investigate, and so on.
During the day phase, people discuss between them and try to figure out who the mafia is. People may vote to lynch, or execute, other people, and when everyone votes - the person that 50% or more of the town votes, is lynched.
The town wins once all of the mafia are dead.
The mafia wins once they outnumber the town. (For example 2 mafia and 2 townies = mafia won)
Other Quick Tips
Keep Notepad open to keep records of suspected guilty players, quotes helping you prove your case in the late game, fake cop reports, real cop reports and other important notes. Another alternative is to just look back in previous days and find scum tells that way (see Viewing History in the Basic Game Play section above)
Remember the flow of the game. Remember who voted when, and after what was said. Remember who bandwagoned, who unvoted at opportune moments, etc. This may not be helpful in proving your case when stuck in a lylo situation, since the flow of a day, in terms of voting, cannot be revisited (only the end result of the day), but it can help guide you into making good investigations/saves/random lynches.
Practice. Don't get flustered if the game goes too quick for you. Ask questions and don't worry about winning when you start out. Just try and figure out how the game works, the terminology, and what you should do in certain situations.
Don't vote someone entirely based on the fact that you dislike/know them. This is especially apparent in Mafia meetings, when it is common to shoot/disguise people and can possibly give you away very quickly if done.
Always remember mafia is a game of deception. Your friends can lie to you and you can lie to your friends. Nothing is a promise. Don't hate a player if he/she lies to you. After all, this is a game.
Those are the basics. You'll pick it up.

Well, that's something. Can doc not die in this game, what with the redirecting power? Unless 8flight decides to be a knob, I suppose. Which may add another possibility. ano0maly, you say that if maf tries to kill doc, it's redirected unless the doc's target was mafia. By that, do you mean the doc would die or there would be no kill? If it's the latter, that leaves a possiblity that Jesuis could be maf.
Jesuiscontent wrote:More like super lucky stalker to me if he really was stalked n1.
Who said anything about stalker?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Okay I was confused at what you guys were saying so I reread the description for the doc and I realized I never read up to the part where it says it's redirected if mafia targets doc. So ok, it does make sense. I assumed limepie meant he was hooked (which would assume he was stalked n1) because he protected Aposke and he still died (which is still possible, btw).

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If doc protects a mafia when the mafia attacks doc, then the attack transfer does not occur, so doc dies as usual.

The Millager's extra hit also applies to attacks transferred from doc.

The "visit" does not transfer with the attack. So if the Whatcher followed a person that doc was saving and the attack transferred to that person, the Whatcher won't see the mafia from the attack.

The Stalk Herb and the Orako powers show the true role (like Traxer or Whatcher).

Roalblocker can block a person while mafia attacks the Dr. that is guarding that person.

Are these hints? Who knows
Falky

Post by Falky »

That makes sense. So if lime is doc, Jesuis is likely clear, unless somebody else is millager and got hit.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

So there's a possibility the mafia just attacked Limepie twice in a row and he transferred the attack twice. Which would mean Jesuis would be clear AND the millager, right?

So who's suspicious at this point? Maybe I'm overly trusting, but no one's jumping out at me.
Falky

Post by Falky »

Ashan's been around and posted in other threads, but hasn't posted anything here apart from voting 8flight, so there's that. GD's said nothing, as Aposke noted. Whether or not they're maf, who knows, but not posting isn't the best move in the world.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

I really don't know what to say about the attack-transferring power. I'll admit to skipping over the doc's description and assuming it was just vanilla doc. My bad, I guess.

It's a pity 8flight was our watcher spy (I think?), because if not I would suggest our watcher watched limepie. If maf want to kill lime, they need to have the roleblocker (at the very least) visit him and make the kill; even if the attack is transferred, watcher would pick up the attack on lime and essentially get the name of a maf member, preventing maf from actually attacking (or maybe even blocking) lime without sacrificing a member. In the meantime, lime would be able to keep doccing around the clock. At least, that's how I think it'd work, given my current understanding of the rules.

It seems that's off the table for now, however. For now, I think our basic strategy is cop sanity test. Remember -- lime is now a super huge target and maf can't roleblock and kill him on the same night. Unless maf have gotten lucky and stalked an even higher roleblock target (like a cop, although even then doc might be higher priority), they're not going to leave lime running around, so we can assume that apart from him, everybody will get their action tonight.

For now, I would say NL. Unless maf are super lucky/crazy/weird, we know basically what's going to happen tonight. The only real way lime's going to live is if either a) they decide not to whack him or b) for some reason they decide to kill but not roleblock him which would be dumb, I think? But because we know maf's next move, we can afford to wait on it a little until our hopefully not-stalked cop contingents get santests and results. I think it's risky to go lynching before then, since we might accidentally kill our police force. I'm a little unsure of this, though -- the situation seems quite weird to me.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

No lynch - 1

About 9 + 12 hours left.
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

But then Lime could transfer the kill to anyone, as long as he doesn't try to save a mafia member, right? That's presumably why Aposke is dead.

If that's the case, mafia will probably try to kill Lime tonight, but there's a really good chance they fail and kill another random townsperson or neutral. Right? Am I missing anything?
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

zmonbobbo wrote:But then Lime could transfer the kill to anyone, as long as he doesn't try to save a mafia member, right? That's presumably why Aposke is dead.

If that's the case, mafia will probably try to kill Lime tonight, but there's a really good chance they fail and kill another random townsperson or neutral. Right? Am I missing anything?
If they roleblock him, I'd assume there's not much he can do since he's not actually protecting anybody. Since the kill transfer thing transfers it to whoever he's protecting, and he's effectively protecting nobody, I'd assume the kill just goes through. Any clarification on this, ano0maly?
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If Dr. is roleblocked, attack doesn't transfer since the Dr.'s visit is cancelled.

Dr. can't be blocked anyway if mafia attacks the Dr. that night.

I let the blocked person know if a night action is blocked.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

So in that case, zmonbobbo is right -- doc's safe so long as he doesn't pick mafs, since he can't be roleblocked and attacked. That's actually pretty helpful. Now maf either has to roleblock him every night in order to get their kill off reliably, or just accept that the doc is around and saving people sometimes. Having a semi-immortal doc negating the roleblocker is actually a big point in our favor.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh good, so I won't die. I really thought I was done for. Now I get to be invincible and wreak havoc!
We still have an ml even with the specter unless I counted wrong, but should we be taking advantage of that? I still wouldn't be necessarily against it, but it doesn't work as well on the forums where all the hosts put time limits on the game and people don't have time to respond.
But yeah as someone said earlier Ashan and GD haven't been talking so they would be the best candidates for another rl. Or we could go down the route of lynching an oracle who volunteers. Or we could just have a cop claim and if there's a cc we can kill one and have specter kill the other if we're wrong. Of course, we'd have to count on the specter which might actually not be okay. He might not even be paying attention anymore. But also yeah cop actually shouldn't claim now that I think about it because I can just be hooked. But cop if you have a guilty and an inno that would come in handy and maybe it would be alright under that scenario.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:So in that case, zmonbobbo is right -- doc's safe so long as he doesn't pick mafs, since he can't be roleblocked and attacked. That's actually pretty helpful. Now maf either has to roleblock him every night in order to get their kill off reliably, or just accept that the doc is around and saving people sometimes. Having a semi-immortal doc negating the roleblocker is actually a big point in our favor.
But what if they just attack him? They'd kill a townsperson/neutral if he didn't choose maf and they'd have the roleblock for someone else, which would be better than wasting the roalblock if they have another target(?). Would it be best for him to visit someone suspected to be maf? (Although it could backfire b/c of bad players seeming like scum)

Can someone check through my logic?

Also, anything useful for the other PRs to do?

Also also, we can assume limepie isn't lying because there was no counterclaim, right? Again, checking my logic because I'm a little tired.
Falky

Post by Falky »

But there are two sanities of copper, limepie.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Oh right, so cc's wouldn't work well. But either way it's still useful to know if you have a guilty and inno.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

LukaRamu wrote:
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:So in that case, zmonbobbo is right -- doc's safe so long as he doesn't pick mafs, since he can't be roleblocked and attacked. That's actually pretty helpful. Now maf either has to roleblock him every night in order to get their kill off reliably, or just accept that the doc is around and saving people sometimes. Having a semi-immortal doc negating the roleblocker is actually a big point in our favor.
But what if they just attack him? They'd kill a townsperson/neutral if he didn't choose maf and they'd have the roleblock for someone else, which would be better than wasting the roalblock if they have another target(?). Would it be best for him to visit someone suspected to be maf? (Although it could backfire b/c of bad players seeming like scum)

Can someone check through my logic?

Also, anything useful for the other PRs to do?

Also also, we can assume limepie isn't lying because there was no counterclaim, right? Again, checking my logic because I'm a little tired.
Hm. I didn't think of mafs using the rebound. But in that case, we still hold the advantage, since if they do that they can't pick their kill target. Given that maf's data gathering abilities are much better than ours (100% stalker chance who gives exact role versus cops who don't know if they're sane and only give guilty/inno), not being able to target their killing effectively is a huge disadvantage to them.

Not sure if we want him to visit people suspected of being mafs, though -- they might actually turn out to be mafs and then our doc is dead. If we track him we'll figure out a maf, but is doc for maf and tying up our tracker really worth it, especially when maf might just choose to ignore him? And anyway -- point of a doctor should be to protect people with value, if he can't predict where maf will strike. If he's playing it safe (by visiting known clears) he's not really doing his job, since maf could just target him and kill his doc target. In order for our doc to be effective, maf have to:
a) not know who he's protecting
b) have more attractive targets than just 'target doc, get free random kill who might be doc'.

So, Lime, don't say in advance who you'll be protecting. If your target is too obvious, they'll die anyway. Because of that, it might not be safe for cops to come out yet, since doc protection is very dangerous for roles that are known. At best, we might be able to deke out the kill (maf attacks doc to get to cop, doc actually protects randomer, cop gets another day of life) but nothing is stopping them from using the roleblocker on known cops while they're doing that.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

So I'm gathering that we still don't have a lot to go off of. I'll vote no lynch for the time being.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I haven't read any of the billion posts made since this morning so bear with me.

I think we should lynch ashan so our remaining cop will know if he's sane or not.
Then we can have that cop relay his discoveries through limepie (who can't die).
Limepie will then post whose guilty/not guilty when the day starts.
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Demolition wrote:I haven't read any of the billion posts made since this morning so bear with me.

I think we should lynch ashan so our remaining cop will know if he's sane or not.
Then we can have that cop relay his discoveries through limepie (who can't die).
Limepie will then post whose guilty/not guilty when the day starts.
Are we allowed to communicate through PMs like that?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If you want to discuss, you should talk here.