(shouting)

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia (Town Wins!) - Päivä Viisi

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - 四天

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Surprise, I'm mafia. You guys are dumb for wasting your lynch on me when I'm basically confirmed/harmless and not simply having the spectre mulch me while you use your valuable lynch on somebody else. Of course, who knows what I could do with an extra day of life? Probably sound more townsided than some members of the actual town, in all likelihood.

Voting raocow, since he hasn't posted all game
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

limepie20 wrote: Also I don't completely trust Sturg because it makes no sense that he'd investigate me n3 but not n4 to figure out for sure, especially now that hooker was dead.
Why would I do that if Pholtos had pretty strong evidence he was insane Kop, that seems like a waste of an investigation at night. Plus, I don't think at this point you'd be lying about being Doc, since no one else has tried to claim Doc as well (if they haven't they're pretty dumb).
limepie20 wrote:Also, his other investigations are all random people and not Jesuis or someone else who might have been innocent, which doesn't make so much sense from Sturg's viewpoint.
I investigated Demolition N2 because I felt he seemed guilty when he sort threw out names of people to lynch without very good reasons. Also who else was I supposed to investigate N1? And why does it have to be Jesuis? That makes no sense. N4 was pretty random though, I'll give you that, I sort of just through threw (edit) a name out.
limepie20 wrote:It doesn't make much sense either for mafia to randomly hook Sturg unless they already knew he was a cop, but then that's even stupider because instead of killing him, they went for the more riskier Pholtos who had less information to offer.
You know what, I really have no idea what Mafia's doing.
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:Surprise, I'm mafia. You guys are dumb for wasting your lynch on me when I'm basically confirmed/harmless and not simply having the spectre mulch me while you use your valuable lynch on somebody else. Of course, who knows what I could do with an extra day of life? Probably sound more townsided than some members of the actual town, in all likelihood.

Voting raocow, since he hasn't posted all game
Vulpine is other confused, confirmed
Last edited by Sturg 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

limepie20 wrote:Yeah, I did try to save Pholtos, so I guess mafia tried to janitor me.
Sturg wrote:
limepie20 wrote:It doesn't make much sense either for mafia to randomly hook Sturg unless they already knew he was a cop, but then that's even stupider because instead of killing him, they went for the more riskier Pholtos who had less information to offer.
See, town has all the information it needs to actually figure this out. I'm not going to give you any or much help, but by all means I would encourage you to puzzle out what really happened last night and the reasons behind it -- if only because, right now, I get the feeling that I'm only really dying because Pholtos got lucky in copping me before maf got lucky and killed/blocked him. That's not a satisfying way to go. Come on, guys. Be the best town that you can be.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:
limepie20 wrote:Yeah, I did try to save Pholtos, so I guess mafia tried to janitor me.
Sturg wrote:
See, town has all the information it needs to actually figure this out. I'm not going to give you any or much help, but by all means I would encourage you to puzzle out what really happened last night and the reasons behind it -- if only because, right now, I get the feeling that I'm only really dying because Pholtos got lucky in copping me before maf got lucky and killed/blocked him. That's not a satisfying way to go. Come on, guys. Be the best town that you can be.
Replace what's bolded with "the more riskier me" and you're good.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

TheVulpineHero1 - 5

20 and a half + 24 hours.
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

Voting for the other confirmed mafia, I guess. Vulpine
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:
Sturg wrote:
In fact, now that I think about it, it just looks like you're trying to back up your maf bud Sturg here.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:
Sturg wrote:
Y'know, for somebody lecturing us on how stupid/lucky we are, you sure didn't try very hard to convince us you were the miller :P

Anyway, TheVulpineHero1 is the super obvious vote here, so yeah. Other thoughts:

-Townspeople currently outnumber the Mafia 10 to 3, assuming Pholtos was the inverted kop, as we suspect. If Vulp is mafia, that'll be 10 to 2 soon.
-I'm definitely with Lime. I don't trust Sturg yet. If anyone wants to counterclaim kop, that'd be really great.
-EDIT: Also, no janitor or blocker left. Starting to look pretty good for the town.
I'm probably driving right now.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Since all y'all are having major trust issues, you can have your fun and lynch me tomorrow. That is, if I don't die in the night, which won't allow me another chance at investigating. But if and when that happens don't blame me for fucking yourselves up. It won't really matter anyway since town has some pretty good odds at the moment.

Oh yeah I dare someone to counter-claim other Cop.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

Sturg wrote:Since all y'all are having major trust issues, you can have your fun and lynch me tomorrow. That is, if I don't die in the night, which won't allow me another chance at investigating. But if and when that happens don't blame me for fucking yourselves up. It won't really matter anyway since town has some pretty good odds at the moment.

Oh yeah I dare someone to counter-claim other Cop.
Hey, it's not that I'm completely throwing you to the dogs or anything. Just waiting on any potential confirmation. Besides, if it turns out you are cop, you've already pointed out two more guilty parties and we're pretty much going to win anyhow.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Not really angry more-so annoyed, I apologize if that came out angry.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

The Vulpine must not stand trial: we must end him.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:not simply having the spectre mulch me
1, our spectre is 8flight, and 2, he doesn't appear to have done much so far.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - Νύχτα πέντε

Post by ano0maly »

TheVulpineHero1 - 8
Invalid - 1

TheVulpineHero1 the Janidor was exterminated with a spear of Greek origin. It was inevitable.

Night 5 begins and all. I think I'm having Internet issues so I won't be able to sent PMs expediently.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia (Town Wins!) - Päivä Viisi

Post by ano0maly »

At the dawn of day 5, Holy found out that Demolition, a Roalblocker, was dead.

Holy, the remaining mafia member, realized that the Specterr has gotten Demolition last night. Facing almost certain death on the upcoming day, Holy decided to give up before the townspeople approached.

When the town convened, this note has been found next to the body of the last mafia:
This is the luckiest town ever. They've done pretty much absolutely nothing and stumbled into all of us.
The town rejoiced! The two Confused that placed their bets on the town were now relieved. Meanwhile, Falky the Annoyed was satisfied that Ashan was no more. Falky concluded that Ashan the Orako made a sacrifice for the good of the town.

GrimDarkening, who was not present, was later found dead in a ditch.

Town Wins!!!

End Results:

QuantumPhysicsMan - Villager
GrimDarkening - Villager
Jesuiscontent - Villager
alex2 - Villager
Ditocoaf - Villager
Horikawa Otane - Villager
Sturg - Normal Kop
Pholtos - Inverted Kop
jayScribble - Millager
limepie20 - Dr.
LukaRamu - Spie Traxer
8flight - Spie Whatcher (turned Specterr)
Ashan - Orako
Holy - Stalk Herb
TheVulpineHero1 - Janidor
BlueWizrobe - Roalblocker
Demolition - Vanilla Villaina (turned Roalblocker)
zmonbobbo - Confused
Aposke - Confused
Falky - Annoyed

Win: Town, Confused, Annoyed
Lose: Mafia, GrimDarkening
Last edited by ano0maly 10 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm never playing this game again. I have no idea how it works and I don't want to know.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Ok. Well I guess if Sturg hadn't been killed tonight, I could've prooved he wasn't scum by posting my results after he posted his. I was the spy who sees who was visited by the followed person.

N1: Follow Horikawa. Nothing.
N2: Follow limepie. See Aposke. (This confirmed which spy I was)
N3: Follow Sturg. See nothing.
N4: Follow Demolition. See nothing.
N5: Follow Sturg. See Jesuiscontent.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Funny thing. I got lucky again and picked holy night 4. Unfortunately I was killed that night.

I honestly don't know how that happened.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

My bad, Sturg! You cool.

Good job, townies! I might not have officially been one of you, but I was with you in spirit.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Made some commemorative userbars:

Town (QuantumPhysicsMan, Jesuiscontent, alex2, Ditocoaf, Horikawa Otane, Sturg, Pholtos, jayScribble, limepie20, LukaRamu, 8flight, Ashan):

Mafia (Holy, TheVulpineHero1, BlueWizrobe, Demolition):

Neutral (zmonbobbo, Aposke, Falky):

Ashan, Horikawa Otane:

GrimDarkening:

By the way, day and night names I've used:

N1 First Night (English)
D1 Le Premier Jour (French)
N2 La Seconda Notte (Italian)
D2 День второй (Russian)
N3 Ba Đêm (Vietnamese)
D3 Feria Tertia (Latin)
N4 Die Vierte Nacht (German)
D4 四天 (Chinese)
N5 Νύχτα πέντε (Greek)
D5 Päivä Viisi (Finnish)

This is what happened (spreadsheet)

It's true that the town got really lucky. The doctor was able to save Jesuiscontent night 1, and redirect the attack to the Millager night 3, giving town numerical advantage. Also, the two Kops were somehow able to find all four of the mafia in four nights.

I think the mafia relied too much on attacking the doc. If the mafia was able to guess and take out a Kop (while blocking limepie20, perhaps), things might have turned out differently. I think mafia should have counter-claimed when Pholtos or Sturg revealed their findings (or before). It looked suspicious when neither Holy nor Demolition spoke up in response to Sturg at day 4.

I realized later that I didn't clarify whether the Janidor's hide and the Vanilla Villaina's copy count as a visit. I decided against that because it looked too obvious if Vanilla Villaina visits a dead mafia. Even with this however, things weren't looking good for mafia on day 4 once Sturg claimed. In the future I think I'll specify that a visit is defined as towards an alive player.
Last edited by ano0maly 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Yeah, on my last day alive I was basically just messing with the town because I knew I was going to die and didn't exact;y care enough to stave off the inevitable with a cop claim (I have other commitments so mafia playing time is limited). I wasn't expecting the town to be dumb enough to rely on spectre, but I found it amusing that my posts slightly enhanced the suspicion Sturg was under.

I mentioned before that I thought the town was lucky; I still hold that opinion. Barely anything went right for mafs the whole game. The first night we stalked Falky and found he was the Annoyed, which we didn't really give a crap about; obviously, lime saved our kill. The second night we tried to kill limepie, only to find he was invincible superdoc, and we stalked Jesuis just so we knew what he was -- villager/millager, not important.

So, third night and we didn't have any good info on who to kill, so we just attacked lime and let him pick our kill. Meanwhile, we blocked Sturg randomly because we thought he might be a spy. and stalked zmonbobbo who was Confused (another worthless stalk). We were planning to then have me fakeclaim spy ande indicate one of our mafs as guilty, get the counter claim lynched, I would then be lynched and the town would think I'd lie, and one of our mafs would essentially be clear. It was a fairly convoluted plan, but honestly, we just wanted to get things moving at that point. Unfortunately, pholtos (who we actually considered killing n3, because we didn't think lime would protect him due to quietness) decided to make the game move in an entirely different direction and managed to nail two mafs in a town of maybe 20-25. We still had no real info n4 so we let lime pick our kill again, and then Sturg came up with the other two mafs.

So, all in all: everything we tried failed, and the town cops either dumb lucked or intuited all the maf practically immediately with no overlap. Not to devalue the town's win, because win you did, but man was fortune favouring you guys.

In terms of the slightly edited roles this game: stalker was interesting, but I think immortal god doctor changed the game very significantly. If lime had died n2 like a normal doc would have, we'd be looking at quite a different game. I'm tempted to say it's overpowered, but I don't know enough about game balance to justify it.

Either way, this game happened. I was bored the first two days, panicked on the third, suicidal on the fourth. Congrats to town.

Edit: ano0maly said basically what I was going to say as I typed up this post. Oh well.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Hooray. I'm just glad I wasn't mafia for once.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Unknownst to everyone else; Pholtos, Limepie and I all ate Lucky Charms before this game so technically we cheated.

Also good on 8flight for spectaring.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Haha well GG. Sorry I didn't participate too much but we had the best way to act every day before a simple villager like me had a chance to post so yeah, we got pretty lucky. Put double or triple warnings when you tweak a commonly used role next time though anomaly.