</script>

smbx communitymario fan games galaxypge project

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia (Town Wins!) - Päivä Viisi

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia - Le Premier Jour

Postby BlueWizrobe » 6 years ago

You prove a very valid point. I didn't think about that. When you put it that way, I withdraw my vote and will return with my lynching choice after I finish my assessments.

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 6 years ago

Falky wrote: On that point, ano0maly, can watcher be hooked in this game?
The Roalblocker can block the Whatcher. Alternatively, the Roalblocker can block someone visiting the person being watched and that someone won't show up. Blocking the watched person won't stop the Whatcher though.

Whatcher won't see the visit by self because that's a given.

Blocking Orako does not stop the Orako's power - it just cancels switching targets that night.

7 and a half hours left before majority vote takes effect.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 6 years ago

Why no lynch guys? As said before we should definitely rl because the specterr thing only activates the first night. It would be dumb to not use it (and RLing the first night is usually better anyway).

I'm going to follow Demolition this time and vote 8flight, because there's already a vote on him and because he voted no lynch without saying anything else.

ano0maly
Discord User

Oh and the votes:

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 2
No lynch - 3

Now the sole biggest

TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Postby TheVulpineHero1 » 6 years ago

Hm. I'm going to vote for 8flight here, on the basis that he isn't me and it's random enough. I'm not quite sure I agree with demolition's logic due to timezones, but we haven't heard from 8flight yet so that backs them up. There's a chance demo could be Annoyed, I guess. I might do a 'true' random vote if 8flight actually pops up. (Pre-post edit: Oh, wait, he actually said something? I missed it first go through. Still voting for him, because no-lynch kthanxbai isn't quite enough.)

On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image

BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby BlueWizrobe » 6 years ago

I misread the specterr role apparently and didn't know it only activates on the first night. I'm bandwagoning with lynching 8flight (mostly because Jesuis is a pretty skilled Mafia player, I'm trusting his word on this).

Aposke
Banned

Postby Aposke » 6 years ago

Jumping on the bandwagon to vote 8flight because he is a terrible maf player and helped the Nazis win the last game.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Ditocoaf » 6 years ago

So the deadline isn't in 7 hours, the deadline is in 19 hours, right? All that's happening in 7 hours is that our lynch votes are enabled, or something? What is the point of that minimum time?

I'm used to games giving like 48-72 hours for a game-day. The 72-hour games tended to be kinda convoluted and involved, but 36 seems a bit too short.

I'm fully in favor of a random lynch, but I'm going to hold off on voting for 8flight because not even everyone has posted yet! Give everyone a chance to contribute and stuff, maybe someone will say something obviously scummy. And also, if possible, I'd rather lynch someone who doesn't post at all today, 8flight's post was unhelpful, but at least he's present.
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
Lynchers are bad for town because they're trying to make us waste a day killing their lynchee, who is usually a townie. In this case, there's a small chance the lynchee is scum or 3rd-party, which would be cool. In any case, lynchers are a nuisance but not a giant problem, since wasting a single game-day is the worst they can do, and to do that they have to actually convince most of us that their target is scum, which isn't easy to do. If you did know that someone was a lyncher, your goal would be to ignore everything they say, as opposed to an actually-dangerous enemy who you'd want to lynch.

Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Postby Falky » 6 years ago

Cheers for the clarifications, ano0maly.
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:On that matter, what do we do about the Annoyed? Currently, I'm of the position that joint winning with them doesn't seem horrifyingly bad if we mess up, since after that they have little reason to screw with the town. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of them going joint with maf at a critical juncture to get their kill in. And once they're guaranteed victory, they might just side with whoever's winning to make the game go quicker, or mess with some heads for fun. I guess it's just pointless conjecture either way, until we figure out who they are.
I can't see the annoyed being too problematic, at least for the time being, but you're right about siding with whoever's winning. It is a third-party, after all, and has no obligations to anyone. Additionally, annoyed's target can be any alignment.

It seems that a BW's started, so I'll go with it. Lynch 8flight.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Ditocoaf

Players who have not posted yet today:

Horikawa Otane
LukaRamu
jayScribble
Ashan
GrimDarkening

Ditocoaf

"There is a bandwagon" is not a reason to vote for someone. If we had only a few hours left, yeah we should jump on the only possible lynch, since RL is the proper thing to do today. Until then, though, don't be afraid of having ideas of your own.

Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Postby Falky » 6 years ago

Ditocoaf wrote:"There is a bandwagon" is not a reason to vote for someone.
It is on d1 when we have MLs. I think it's unlikely that we're going to get anything particularly useful today, so there's no reason to argue with each other over who to RL when there's not much to go on. Granted, there are those people who haven't spoken yet, but still. 8flight hasn't said much more than them, to be fair.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

ano0maly
Discord User

Ditocoaf wrote:So the deadline isn't in 7 hours, the deadline is in 19 hours, right? All that's happening in 7 hours is that our lynch votes are enabled, or something? What is the point of that minimum time?

I'm used to games giving like 48-72 hours for a game-day. The 72-hour games tended to be kinda convoluted and involved, but 36 seems a bit too short.
I give at least a full 24 hours because I know people are from different timeszones and I want to give everyone a chance to speak.

After that, the day lasts until there is a majority vote. People get bored if a day or night is too long.

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 6
No lynch - 3

About 6 and a half hours of minimum time.

Now the sole biggest

Holy

Postby Holy » 6 years ago

Ditocoaf wrote:And also, if possible, I'd rather lynch someone who doesn't post at all today, 8flight's post was unhelpful, but at least he's present.
If we're lynching someone to become specterrrrrrrrrrr, I'd assume we want someone who'll be around to haunt whoever needs killing, right?

I'll throw in for 8flight for now, as he's already got some votes.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 6 years ago

All right, I'll retract my nl and switch to 8flight.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Postby zmonbobbo » 6 years ago

Bah, it sucks to RL somebody, because they kinda get a raw deal from day 1, but I guess it's the best play. I'll vote 8flight as well.
I'm probably driving right now.

lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Postby lukaramu » 6 years ago

As we really don't have much info after the first night, I'd say the discussion so far was pretty much exhaustive and as limepie and Jesuis have pointed out, random lynch should be the way to go.

Despite that, I would withhold voting so far to allow 8flight to make a cause why we shouldn't kill him. He'll probably die anyway at this point, be it by [REDACTED], but I don't want to give him ideas on how to get out of this in case he actually was mafia.

QuantumPhysicsMan

Postby QuantumPhysicsMan » 6 years ago

Changing my nl to 8flight.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.

ano0maly
Discord User

TheVulpineHero1 - 1
8flight - 10
No lynch - 1

4 hours

Now the sole biggest

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 6 years ago

8flight
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

ano0maly
Discord User

11 votes 8flight

If this keeps up for about 4 hours, day 1 will end (maybe).

Now the sole biggest

Ditocoaf

Really? A majority that quickly? We should let 8flight claim his role before we lynch. Also probably give Horikawa Otane, LukaRamu, jayScribble, Ashan and GrimDarkening more time to post before ending the day. The extra 12 hours are substantial.
Last edited by Ditocoaf on 30 Jan 2014, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

alex2
Banned

Day 1 ends when we lynch someone wtf anomaly
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
My mosts things:

Ditocoaf

alex2 wrote:Day 1 ends when we lynch someone wtf anomaly
Anomaly has been saying since the start that lynches don't count until 24 hours in, then there's another 12 hours until the deadline. It's a weird way to do things, but it's in the rules for this game.

alex2
Banned

Dumb way to do things
My mosts things:

Return to “Mafia”