(shouting)

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia Signups - Game Begins

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
ano0maly
Discord User

DELUXE Banana Split Mafia Signups - Game Begins

Post by ano0maly »

Signups done! Click here to play.

I posted about a new mafia game and several people were interested, so let's start the new year with a new game.

Introduction
Copied from Avocado Cinnamon Swirl

The basic premise of mafia is this: there are two teams, the town and the mafia. Obviously these two cannot live side by side, so the ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, much of the game is spent trying to weed out mafia members. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles. Among these are the cop, who investigates people to learn what team they are on, and the doctor, who can save people from being killed by the mafia. Both the town and the mafia have specialized roles, and the doctor and cop are not the only ones, but for the purpose of this intro I will not go into detail about each role.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia decides on who to kill and any other actions that may be available to them. In addition, any "power roles" from the town (e.g. cop, doctor) will send their actions to the host. Once all actions have been sent out, night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. They must decide on whom to lynch that day. The purpose of this is to lynch a mafia member, but as townspeople cannot tell who is mafia, it often ends with the lynching of one of their own. Daytime ends after the lynch.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or when all the mafia have died.

Rules

1. You do not talk about mafia outside of the thread. That means no theorizing, no asking "what's your role?", no nothing. If you are part of a team, like the mafia, you are allowed to discuss with them however and whenever you like. If you have this really great strategy planned out and you need to tell someone something to make it work, but no one else can see it, you'll have to send me a PM and I'll relay it. Of course, you can still talk about things like how great the game or the host is in IRC.

2. You cannot post in the thread during the night, unless you just died and you'd like to make a last statement. Please do not include results of investigations such as "I investigated X and he was Y", or who your partners are, in your last statement. Basically, only really, really general stuff (or just something dumb), and nothing that can really change how the game is going. If you had something to say, you should've said it while you were alive.

3. The host is always right, and should not be doubted. The host never makes any mistakes (except when he does).

4. During the night, you must send me, the host, what you would like to do as a night action in a PM. If you don't choose a target in 48 hours, you will probably be killed and removed from play. Don't do this. If you have to go for a few days and can't play, PM me and we'll work something out.

5. During the day, everyone votes on who should be lynched. Once a majority is reached, or everyone has either voted or resigned their vote, a 24 hour countdown starts. Once it ends, the person with the most votes is lynched.

6. Under no circumstances should you quote a PM from the host, or forge one for that matter. If you want to claim that you received a report, provide no other evidence than your own credibility.

7. The game ends when all mafia are dead, or when the mafia outnumbers the town.
Signups - Bring Sillyman

Ditocoaf
TheVulpineHero1
Pholtos
Horikawa Otane
Falky
Holy
limepie20
alex1
QuantumPhysicsMan
LukaRamu
Demolition
Sturg
jayScribble
Jesuiscontent
Aposke
BlueWizrobe
Ashan
zmonbobbo
8flight
GrimDarkening

Signup lasts 36 hours from when it was posted. A minimum of 18 people for this game is expected. If more people join, I'll assign more of the roles below.

Some tentative roles I have in mind:

Town

Wins if all mafia members are dead.

Villager (5+): Posts at day, sleeps at night.

Normal Kop (1): Visits a person at night and sees if that person is innocent (town), guilty (mafia), or neutral.

Inverted Kop (1): Same as Normal Kop, except sees town as guilty and mafia as innocent.

Millager (1): Revealed as normal Villager to self, and to the players when killed. Both Kops see this person as guilty. This person can survive one night attack (does not apply to day lynch), dies after a second attack.

Dr. (1): Visits a person at night. If the mafia attacks that person that night, the attack is blocked and the person doesn't die. If the mafia attacks the Dr., then that attack instead transfers to the person that the Dr. chose (unless that person is a mafia member).

Traxer (1): Visits a person at night and sees who that person visited that night.

Whatcher (1+): Visits a person at night and sees who visited that person that night (besides the Whatcher).

Orako (1+): Chooses a person at night. The role of the most recently chosen person is revealed to the players if the Orako dies.

Mafia

Wins if mafia count matches or outnumbers town count. Meets in PM each night to discuss plans. A mafia member can go attack a person each night. The attacker is selected at random if not chosen.

Stalk Herb (1): Visits a person at night and learns the role of that person.

Janidor (1+): Can choose to hide whoever the mafia chooses to kill that night, so that the killed person's role is not revealed to the players. Can activate this power only once per game.

Roalblocker (1): Visits a person at night and stops that person from doing whatever that night. This person cannot be the person mafia attacks that night.

Vanilla Villaina (1+): Can participate in mafia meetings and be the attacker for the night. If there is a dead non-Vanilla mafia, a Vanilla Villaina can choose to assume the role of that mafia, taking effect the next day (cannot target a Janidor whose power is already used up).

Neutral

Not affiliated with town or mafia, and each neutral person plays individually (not in a team). Each night, each neutral person can choose a person to silence. That person's votes will mysteriously not count the next day.

Confused (1+): Chooses a side, so that the Confused wins or loses together with that side. Can choose to stay or switch sides each night. Can't switch once dead.

Annoyed (1): Chooses a person at the beginning of the game (random if not chosen). If that person manages to die before the Annoyed dies, the Annoyed wins with the winning side. Otherwise, the Annoyed loses.

Other

If a town or neutral person dies night 1 or day 1, the first such to die turns into the Specterr. Being dead, the Specterr does not participate in day discussions/lynches and cannot be targeted by power roles that target alive players.

Specterr (1): Chooses a person at night to haunt. If the Specterr haunts the same person in two consecutive nights, that person dies. This does not count as a mafia attack.
Last edited by ano0maly 10 years ago, edited 26 times in total.
Dan

Re: DELUXE Banana Split Mafia Signups

Post by Dan »

I sign up
Dan

Post by Dan »

Not

e: b/c I will be out of town, I'm not just being a d***
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Hey mafia is fun and I've never played it with talkhaus so I'll jump in sign me up. Be warned though, I'm super good at this game, you don't even know.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Count me in.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Yes.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Of course.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Holy

Post by Holy »

Signing up.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Sign me up
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

This setup looks like one of the ones from EM, but I can't remember its name. Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy with school stuff so I can't join.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I didn't base it directly on an EpicMafia game, but rather, on several previous mafia setups on talkhaus.
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

Let's see... Last time I played Mafia, I got the usernames mixed up and accidentally killed my fellow Mafia members instead of the Villagers.... Maybe I'll do better this time.

(Yes, I'm playing.)
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Yes.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

in
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

yh
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Ring-a-ding: I'm in.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

yes

Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I would like this too, yes.
BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by BlueWizrobe »

I wish to participate.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Does anyone remember exactly which games were lost in the talkhaustrophe? Names & hosts please
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Wareng wrote:Does anyone remember exactly which games were lost in the talkhaustrophe? Names & hosts please
- The last few days of Mystery Meat Mafia, hosted by Argumentable between 21.05.2013 and 08.06.2013.

- All of Third Reich Raspberry Mafia, hosted by limepie20 between 14.06.2013 and 30.06.2013. Full entry on this one from the Mafia archive under the spoiler:
Host: limepie20
Date: 14.06.2013 – 30.06.2013
Number of participants: 18
Number of Nights/Days: 6 / 6
Number of thread pages: 12
Special gimmicks? World War II Theme

The Setup

Allies
1 Soldier, 1 Joseph Stalin, 1 FDR/Truman, 2 KGB Spies, 1 U-2 Pilot, 1 Field Medic, 1 Robert Oppenheimer, 1 Lend-Leaser, 1 Runaway Jew

Nazi Germany
1 Hitler, 1 Heinrich Himmler, 1 Schutzstaffel

Japanese Empire
1 Hirohito, 1 Yakuza, 1 Ninja

4th Party
1 Mussolini, 1 Joseph McCarthy

Winning Party
Nazis
Oh, and, as a little extra... Here's the deciding vote from that last game as a screencap:
Proof.png
Proof.png (102.58 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Signups will close 24 hours from now, with a minimum of 18 people. I remember people that showed interest and I want to give them a chance to consider.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Alright sure, sign me up. I have no idea how this will work.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

I'm in. Are night/day literally daytime and nighttime of a single calendar day, or is there a different clock?
I'm probably driving right now.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That would be hard to do.