Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Dan

Avocado Cinnamon Swirl Mafia - PARTICIPATION

Post by Dan »

THE CURRENT TIME IS: Day 6
3 VOTES TO LYNCH
GAME OVER!

GET YOUR USERBARS HERE.
Welcome to Avocado Cinnamon Swirl Mafia! Please read this post and ask me any questions you might have about the rules or gameplay. Also, there will be userbars for this game, so do your best! If you intentionally ruin the game you will not get a userbar but rather you will have GOD's Holy Wrath rained down upon you.

:!: :!: Roles :!: :!:
Town-Aligned
Villager (2): Also known as a “blue.” Has no night actions.
Cop (1): Every night the cop visits one person. In the morning, he will know whether his target is mafia- or town-aligned.
Insane Cop (1): Same as cop, but with a twist: a mafia-aligned target will appear to the insane cop as town-aligned, and a town-aligned target will appear as mafia-aligned. Will appear to be normal cop upon death.
Doctor (1): The doctor chooses one person each night to save. If that person is targeted by the mafia, he will not be killed.
Miller (1): Is unaware he is a miller; thinks he is a villager. If investigated by cops, he will appear guilty. If killed, he will appear to be a villager.
Bodyguard (1): Can pick one person each night. If that person is attacked, the bodyguard has a 50% chance of killing the attacker and a 50% chance of dying instead of the person he is guarding.
Bulletproof (1): Is able to survive one shot by an attacker. Is not immune from being lynched.
Mortician (1): If a person is killed and their role is unknown, the mortician can inspect their body and discover their role.
Agent (1): Can send anonymous messages to the members of the mafia anyone not sided with the town. Please see the notes section below for more.
Oracle (1): Chooses one person each night. If the oracle is killed, that person's role will be revealed to the town.

Mafia-Aligned
Hooker (1): Visits one person each night. If that person has a night action, he will be unable to perform it. Also participates in nightly mafia meetings.
Janitor (1): Has the option to "clean up" a mafia kill once per game. If he cleans up a kill, the role will be unknown to the village the next morning; however, the janitor will know the person's role. Participates in nightly mafia meetings.
Stalker (1): Can visit one person during the night. Has a 50% chance of knowing that person's role in the morning. Participates in nightly mafia meetings.
Mafioso (1): Participates in nightly mafia meetings.

Third Party
Survivor (1): Can hide behind one person every night. Wins if he survives to the end of the game.
:!: :!: HOW TO PLAY WELL / HOW TO PLAY BADLY :!: :!:
Mafia games are fun when people use trickery and mind games to help their team win. This is an art form, and is hard to master, but don't be discouraged from trying. In almost every talkhaus mafia game there is inevitably a bandwagon phase - after a while, things get so dull that people will vote to lynch the first person whose name comes up with no good reason. Alternatively, things get so dull that people just stop posting. Mafia is not a game of mindless voting, it is a game of thinking. Games go well when mafia use the system to their advantage (posting fake reports, claiming to be roles they aren't) and townspeople have actual discussions about the evidence - fake or real - that is presented to them. Games go poorly when no reports are offered, no roles are claimed, and no discussion happens. To see what a good game looks like, check out Cookies 'n' Cream Mafia, Vainilla Mafia, and Butter Pecan Mafia. Any game with "RIP Mafia" beside it was so bad it killed the fad for months, so check those out to see how not to play.

Code: Select all

1. You may not speak about the game outside of this thread. The exception to this rule is discussing night actions with your team (e.g. the mafia PMing each other deciding on who to vote for). If you do this, you must CC the host on all your PMs.
2. You may not post in the thread if it is night, and you may not post if you are dead. Once you are killed, you are allowed one final post. In this post, you may not reveal any information about the game. You are not allowed to PM other players during the day.
3. Everything the host says is to be taken as truth. You may not quote a PM from the host, and you may not make up quotes from the host.
4. The deadline for night actions and lynches is [s]48[/s] 24 hours. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a random action/lynch. If you fail to meet the deadline for night actions more than once, you will be killed and flogged publicly. DO NOT sign up if you're just going to sit there and do nothing. It's a game, you're supposed to play it. If something comes up unexpectedly and you are unable to continue playing, PM me and we can work something out.
5. You may not edit things out of your posts once people have responded to them. If you wish to retract something, you may strikethrough it and explain why you retracted if you wish, but once somebody has posted after you, you are no longer allowed to remove things from your posts.
Some notes:
  • The cops do not know whether they are insane or regular, and they do not know who the other cop is.
  • For mafia - each night, in order to have someone killed, you must vote on the target and decide on who you're going to send out to kill them. For instance, if the mafia chooses to kill Don Zanevsky, they must also tell the host who they are going to send to kill him. This is so that a watcher-type role won't see all four members of the mafia visiting one person.
  • For agent - you may send anonymous messages to members of the mafia anyone not sided with the town, but you will not know their names. For example, you may choose to send a message to the stalker, the janitor, etc. To do this, PM me the message and the recipient and I will pass it along.
  • For hooker/oracle - the oracle is immune to the hooker.
  • For survivor - If the survivor hides behind a non-visiting role and is attacked, the attack is negated. If the person behind whom the survivor is hiding is attacked, both players die. If the survivor hides behind a visiting role, he is left unprotected.
  • It is possible to determine which cop is insane and which is not through clever deduction.
  • For mortician - checking a dead miller will reveal him to be a villager; you cannot find out whether someone was a miller in this way. However, checking a dead cop will reveal his sanity or insanity.
  • For doctor - if the doctor saves a bulletproof who has not been hit, the bulletproof will remain unhit; that is, he will still be bulletproof even after being attacked.
  • For stalker - if the stalker goes after a cop, and finds out his role, the stalker will know whether the cop is sane or insane.
Players
alex2
Bartle
Redsy
TheVulpineHero1
Tsurugi

:twisted: Graveyard :twisted:
limepie20 (Bodyguard)
BTYM (Villager)
Cup (Villager)
AUS (Oracle)
Validon98 (Doctor)
Falky (Hooker)
Aposke (Insane Cop)
Nabe (Janitor)
Jesuiscontent (Cop)
LukaRamu (Mafioso)
Paralars (Bulletproof)

It is now night 1. You may not post. Send me your night actions.
Last edited by Dan 11 years ago, edited 20 times in total.
Dan

Re: Avocado Cinnamon Swirl Mafia - PARTICIPATION

Post by Dan »

Good morning. You awaken to find the body of limepie20, riddled with bullets, lying in the street. He is wearing sunglasses and is also a 6'5" black man, which leads you to conclude that he was the bodyguard. Rest in peace.

You may now post. 15 remain alive, so 8 votes to lynch. Also I made some additions to the OP so you might want to check in case there's new info about your role

Also, please write the name of your vote in bold for my convenience
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Interesting start. I wonder if limepie was the maf target or if he was pro BG.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Okay, so the scales are 10:4 right now, counting Survivor as town-sided (just for statistics). In the worst case it'd be 9:5. We definitely have a mislynch right now, so I'm thinking about whether it'd be smart to have a sanity test of the cops.
In case one of the cops has a guilty, he could out, we lynch his guilty, doc protects him N2, and we see if he's insane or not. That way, the other cop won't have to out and we'll have at least 2 cops who can definitely bring in reliable results on N2 (which would give us knowledge of at least 3 people).
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

last breath:
i'm dead
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

That plan sounds good. I'll hold my breath on a vote until a cop gives a result. Voting without evidence, whether it's true or reverse, is just screaming "mislynch" right now.
Also, a moment of silence for our poor deceased bodyguard, limepie20. May he ever guard the angels.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

I think Limepie was probably killed when bodyguarding, since at this point the maf would probably want to restrict info and janitor the kill, so we wouldn't know his role. There are also no false-role things on the board, so we know he definitely was the bodyguard. Of course, that assumes that the maf is unable to jan the kill if bodyguard takes the hit, and I don't actually know if that's true or not. And maybe they're just waiting until they know who the mortician is before risking their janitor on stuff. I don't know.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:Of course, that assumes that the maf is unable to jan the kill if bodyguard takes the hit, and I don't actually know if that's true or not. And maybe they're just waiting until they know who the mortician is before risking their janitor on stuff. I don't know.
In EM, Mafia can't Janitor the BG if he rescues someone elses life.
If it really happened that way, Mafia pretty much wasted their janitor, hah!
Falky

Post by Falky »

Aposke wrote:In EM, Mafia can't Janitor the BG if he rescues someone elses life.
Technically, they can. Say A is the maf target and B is the BG. Maf decides to jan B for whatever reason and B dies protecting A. B would be janned.

Of course, that would be rather stupid and people tend to just jan their kill target for obvious reasons. If maf have wasted their jan here, then that's always a plus, but it's hard to say at this point.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Well, it makes more sense for them to jan the kill since that might provoke the mort to claim. I think it'd probably be a bad move for mort to have claimed (knowing Lime was bodyguard doesn't actually get us much, at least not to my knowledge), but a bunch of players are either new/inexperienced and said so in the signup thread, so potentially such a ploy could still be worth trying for the mafs. Still, I don't really see how knowing how Lime died would help us, so I guess we're just waiting for cop reports.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Since I'll be pretty busy tomorrow and I really don't want this day to end on No Lynch
and I hope the doc will be a good guy...

Cop here, claiming Guilty on BTYM Night 1.
I say we lynch him to test my sanity and then me and the other cop report back on Day 2.
Cup

Post by Cup »

I've never really been against a RL on the first day. We got basically no information from limepie's death other than being down a bodyguard. Especially with this set up, there's not a lot to go on unless a cop claims, which might be premature since we lost BG on the first night.

With both a miller and insane cop, testing with a lynch is not definitive and requires one of our cops to out themselves before they've had a chance to amass much info. If anything happens to the doc (random hit or mislynch), town would basically be instantly lost if cop claims already. We'd be left with one investigative role (which we couldn't trust) and no protection.

We can speculate all day if we want, but there's nothing to go by at the moment. Unless someone says something super suspicious in the next hour or two, RL and fast forward to a hopefully more informed day 2 sounds fine to me.

Edit, k so Aposke claimed cop. Kinda playing fast and loose imo, but oh well. See no reason not to test it since I was going to RL today anyway.

BTYM
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

so on Aposke's first post I thought, wait that gives one of the mafs the perfect opportunity to claim being a cop and get one of the good guys lynched. That way, the other cops would shut up, too, because they don't want to out themselves.
Why did you think of this plan but not consider something as obvious as this?

And now you say you're the cop, I'm a little suspicious there.

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea for the other cop(s) to out themselves right away, that way, if two or more other people claim to be a cop, the mafia will probably get rid of the actual cop and we'll know the other one is a liar.
If only one other guy admits being a cop, we know they're both real.

I think I already have a rough idea about someone who might be a mafiosi, yeah, I don't wanna say too much though.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Cup wrote:If anything happens to the doc (random hit or mislynch), town would basically be instantly lost if cop claims already. We'd be left with one investigative role (which we couldn't trust) and no protection.
We have two cops though, and testing my sanity now also clears the other cop's sanity, so we'll have at least 2 living roles cleared tomorrow morning, provided doc saves (which he most likely will, because why wouldn't he?).

That said, I'm of course voting BTYM as well.

EDIT:
Paralars wrote:I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea for the other cop(s) to out themselves right away, that way, if two or more other people claim to be a cop, the mafia will probably get rid of the actual cop and we'll know the other one is a liar.
If we have two cops claiming D1, one of them is certain to die. I'd rather try it this way and have both of them survive.
Concerning the first part of your post: Yes, that's entirely possible. I can't really say anything against that, especially seeing as I might be the insane cop (and thus would have no way to prove I'm not mafia unless the other cop claims, too).
Why did I go with this strategy, then?
Well, it was the first thing that popped into my head, and I didn't even consider your "obvious" idea, since it would only be "obvious" to someone from Maf faking cop. I didn't consider someone fakeclaiming cop, because I was already planning on claiming cop (since I am a cop), and anyone claiming beyond that point would just make them look scummy and/or stupid.
Last edited by Aposke 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

BTYM, because we have no other choice at this point. As long as the doctor makes it through this, we'll be able to get better results tomorrow and lynch a mafia member.
Although, Aposke's behavior is making me a little suspicious. Paralars might be right. But so might Aposke. There might be mind games going on, but there might not be. And of course, if the doctor outs, everyone is screwed. This is really not as simple of a decision as I first thought.
Last edited by Validon98 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Falky

Post by Falky »

Paralars wrote:if two or more other people claim to be a cop, the mafia will probably get rid of the actual cop and we'll know the other one is a liar.
Of course, that's assuming the maf would sac for the cop and incriminate themselves. Which they may deem worth it to get rid of at least one copper.

I say we test Aposke's guilty. We can afford to ML and cops don't know their sanities yet, so NLing would require a cop's target to die tomorrow to really get any decent information.

Vote BTYM
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Cup

Post by Cup »

Aposke, it won't clear your sanity though because you could have investigated the miller. It wouldn't even clear Paralars' suspicion.

I mean we'll know more than we know now, and we can run the probabilities, but the chance that a miller gets involved or someone starts lying is going to be rather large, and imo not worth outing yourself when we only have one doc and three power roles to protect.

And for that same reason, a second cop claim today would be extremely dangerous because if aposke is a cop, we couldn't protect both, and any of them could still be lying. Moving a bit slower and letting our doc protect himself, while our cops gather info we can verify would have been a better play imo.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Hm. Not sure if it's a great idea. Stalker's still on the board, as well as Insane Cop/Miller combo. Worst case scenario, Aposke's the stalker, spy'd our doc or one of our cops and is setting up a lynch for them. If BTYM isn't a maf or miller, Aposke then claims insane cop and gives us an 'innocent' suspect. We lynch, turns out he's important, and we're down two mislynches plus whoever the mafs kill before we can verify if Aposke's maf or not, during which time Aposke gets stalker and passes on any info.

That said, we don't have anything else to go on; I also think the mafs would be a bit ambitious to try and screw us right out of the gate like that. Vote BTYM. Still seems really risky at this point, but there aren't too many better options.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Dan

Post by Dan »

Votes
BTYM - 6
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Trying so hard to make sense of this all. Zzz.
Probably jumping on the bandwagon for today. Things seem pretty logical to me so far I guess.

From what I tried to gather is that Aposke is a supposed cop, guessed that BTYM was guilty in his night action, but isn't sure if he's insane cause rules. If we lynch BTYM and Aposke is wrong, he's either insane or not a cop, if he's right, he probably is a cop.
Is this right?
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

alright, I'll vote BTYM as well, seems pretty much unavoidable now, but mind my words for later.

So, if Aposke is normal Cop, that means he must have picked an actual mafiosi (25% chance)
if BTYM turns out guilty, this will be pretty much confirmed.

If BTYM turns out innocent, that means either BTYM is miller, Aposke is insane or a liar.
This is the far more likely result, we'll see what happens.
Miller is kinda unlikely and the decision insane/liar might require another cop to out himself

If the Mafia kills another power role in N2, chances are Aposke was a liar trying to distract the Doc and it was indeed the plan.

So, best case, if unlikely, BTYM was indeed a bad guy.

And if you keep editing your posts in this it gets really confusing, by the way.
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Ah okay. I got it allll.
Vote: BTYM
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Bartle wrote:Sanity check is just another way of saying test or something, Aposke isn't actually insane (close though)
No, I have no idea if I'm insane or not.
That's why this is a sanity check.
Paralars wrote:If the Mafia kills another power role in N2, chances are Aposke was a liar trying to distract the Doc and it was indeed the plan.
Whether or not mafia kills a PR at N2 doesn't really depend on them distracting the doc or not (they don't know the PRs anyways).
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

they might know one of them.
Dan

Post by Dan »

That's 8 votes. BTYM, the villager, has been lynched.

It is now night 2. You may not post. Send me your night actions.