(shouting)

Pumpkin Pie MAFIA

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Aposke
Banned

Pumpkin Pie MAFIA

Post by Aposke »

It is the night before Halloween.
Your town is fast asleep, the streets are quiet, all lights are turned off, the only things awake inside the gates of your community are the cats fighting in the backyards.

...or so you all believe.

Suddenly, you hear a bloodcurdling scream echoing throughout the streets!
Quickly, the town's inhabitants gather around the apparent source of the nightly disturbance - the church. As you enter the sacred ancient walls, you make a shocking discovery!
The local priest has been stabbed and hanged from the church beams! The only holy protector of your community is dead!
Without this shining connection to god, your town is now completely at the mercy of the evil creatures and spirits lurking around on Hallow's eve!

Immediately, you and your fellow townies organize an emergency tribunal.
You must find a way to survive the oncoming onslaught of zombies, werewolves and other paranormal creatures. And to top it all off, you have at least one cold-blooded murderer in town!
The emergency meeting lasts until the dawn of the next day.
These are its results:

On the town side, you have
3 Villagers
1 Granny
1 Cop
1 Watcher
1 Doctor

The mafia consists of
1 Mafia
1 Informant
1 Framer
1 Forger

Around the city, there have been reports of
Werewolves
Zombies
and creepy girls

Oh no! Just as you finish your meeting, someone realizes you've forgotten to shut the town gates!
Quickly, the town gates are shut - but who knows if none of those dispicable creatures have already entered?!

The whole town shudders as they realize they might not survive the next night.
But if they play their cards just right, they might be able to not only kill the paranormals, but also get rid of the mafia as well!
However, the mafia could very easily take advantage of the situation with clever night kills or joint wins!
And then we have the third party, who has plans of their own!

Who will survive? Who will die a horrible death?
The 14th Talkhaus Mafia game begins... now.

Rules:
1. You do not talk about mafia outside of the thread. That means no theorizing, no asking "what's your role?", no nothing. If you are part of a team, like the mafia, you are allowed to discuss with them however and whenever you like. If you have this really great strategy planned out and you need to tell someone something to make it work, but no one else can see it, you'll have to send me a PM and I'll relay it. Of course, you can still talk about things like how great the game or the host is in IRC.

2. You cannot post in the thread during the night, unless you just died and you'd like to make a last statement. Please do not include results of investigations such as "I investigated X and he was Y", or who your partners are, in your last statement. Basically, only really, really general stuff (or just something dumb), and nothing that can really change how the game is going. If you had something to say, you should've said it while you were alive.

3. The host is always right, and should not be doubted. The host never makes any mistakes (except when he does).

4. During the night, you must send me, the host, what you would like to do as a night action in a PM. If you don't choose a target in 24-36 hours, depending on how I feel, you will probably* be killed and removed from play. Don't do this. If you have to go for a few days and can't play, PM me and we'll work something out. *definitely

5. During the day, everyone votes who should be lynched. Once a majority is reached, the person with the most votes is lynched.

6. Under no circumstances should you quote a PM from the host, or forge one by that matter. If you want to claim that you received a report, provide no other evidence than your own credibility.

7. Please post every day - and not a useless post either! This is more of a guideline than a rule; I understand that not everybody can be here 24/7, and the days move very quickly, but the game is much more fun if there are more than 5 out of 17 players talking. On that note, the game is also more fun if there is actual reason behind lynching votes and not all bandwagons. Power roles, claim and reveal your reports wisely, and villagers be wary of whom to trust! It may not seem like it, but long and complicated theory posts are much more fun than "scumslip everybody vote alex vote alex vote alex alex alex alex alex alex alex"

8. If you hold up the game at night (by which I mean "don't send me anything", not "have a longer-than-usual night meeting") you're banned. From mafia and the forums. If you plan on doing this, jump off a bridge.

9. The game ends when all mafia are dead, when the mafia outnumbers the town, or when the cult outnumbers the mafia and the town.

10. Once somebody has replied to your post you may not remove anything from it or delete it. You can only edit. If you would like to retract something you said, use strikethrough and edit in that you're retracting.
Role descriptions:
Villager: Also called blues, they're townsided and can't do anything other than vote on who to lynch in the daily meetings.
Granny: Does nothing but vote either, but has a special ability: Anyone who night-visits her gets killed. Because she has a flamethrower.
Cop: Chooses one person per night to investigate. Will know if that person is mafia-aligned or not.
Watcher: Chooses one person per night to watch. Will know who visited that player that night.
Doctor: Chooses one person per night. That person cannot be killed that night.

Mafia: Does nothing, votes on the mafia meetings as well as on the town meetings.
Informant: Chooses one person per night. Will know that person's system messages (a.k.a. my PM to that guy) on that night.
Framer: Frames a person. That person will appear guilty to cop.
Forger: Chooses one person per night. Will learn of that person's will and has a 50% chance of exchanging that will with a forged one.

Zombie: Chooses one person per night. That person becomes infected and becomes a zombie on the NEXT night. Can be killed by being visited by a doctor. Can be killed by mafia or lynch. Wins if everyone's a zombie.
Creepy Girl: Has one doll. Gives away that doll at any time. If the person who holds the doll dies, the creepy girl wins. The person holding onto the doll can choose to give it away to another person.
Werewolf: Can guess which player has which role once per night. If he guesses correctly, he devours that player. If he guesses wrong, he will be revealed to everyone on the next day. Wins if last one standing.
THIS GAME HAS WILLS. IF YOU WANT TO WRITE A WILL, DO SO IN THE PM YOU SEND ME TOGETHER WITH YOUR NIGHT ACTION. VILLAGERS CAN WRITE WILLS TOO.

It is now day 2. Discuss.

[PLAYERS ALIVE]
Falky
Cup
jesuiscontent
AUS
dashta
limepie20
moonpirate

[PLAYERS DEAD]
Cobalt (Cop)
ano0maly (Zombie)
ultratowel112 (Watcher)
tatanga (Doctor)
Bartle (Villager)
tsurugi (Creepy girl)
Don Zanevsky (Granny)
Last edited by Aposke 11 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Aposke
Banned

Re: Pumpkin Pie MAFIA

Post by Aposke »

November 1st.
The horrible night of Halloween is over.
Slowly, the town gathers around to count their numbers. After only a few minutes, they realize there are 2 people missing.

Cobalt, the cop is found lying dead on the middle of the market place.
But next to him lies an0maly, the zombie!
The town is unsure of whether to be happy to have avoided the zombie epidemic or to be sad, having lost their only town cop.
But what's that?
The cop has left a note in his pocket!

"copping wareng"

It is now day one. 12 players remain.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Two deaths, eh? Interesting. Couple of possibilities there.

Aposke, you should probably edit the OP so there isn't a big "HEY IT'S NIGHT" there.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

What's your problem, granny?
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Whoever left that gate open is banned from the town pool.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

limepie20 wrote:What's your problem, granny?
I agree. It should be pretty safe to assume Don Zanevsky is the granny (if we trust Cobalt's note). If that's true, then the mafia must have killed ano0maly. Who do you guys think we should lynch?
Last edited by tatanga 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Falky

Post by Falky »

Falky wrote:Couple of possibilities there.
Yeah, granny is one of those possibilities. Doc on zombie is another.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

First things first: there is one werewolf, one creepy girl, and one zombie in the starting setup. Those roles are plural in the game description, but there there are 14 people playing and 11 of them are town/mafia.

Zombie on granny is yet another possibility. There is also the extremely unlikely chance that the werewolf ate someone.

Not counting third party, we are at MYLO (mislynch and lose) already. With third party, they can either decide to joint-kill all the town starting today* (town is screwed) or they can go against mafia and we have a mislynch opportunity. I like to think third party could go either way, so I'm assuming MYLO. Voting no one unless a watcher comes out with a report.

*They all claim and lynch someone who isn't them. They don't do anything at night in order to avoid the granny. Of course, town can CC (counterclaim) third party in order to mess with the mafia, but mafia can just have the wolf try to eat someone and guess cop in order to reveal himself/herself. Creepy girl is harder to pinpoint, though.

e: Watcher: you probably shouldn't come out with a report - werewolf will eat you. Put your report in your will tonight. You could claim (with an incriminating report only) and doctor would be on you, but wolf will eat you when doctor dies. Gotta love when town has a really hard game and non-town just have to not mess up...
dashta

Post by dashta »

Well, kinda sucks we lost cop already, and I'm assuming no one is going to out a report today.
So we're either lynching blind, or not lynching at all?

Wow, this game becomes significantly harder, when you have an entity that can kill you as soon as you name yourself, lends an odd dynamic. Sooner we kill the werewolf, the better.
VV My Channel, shameless advertising FTW! VV
http://www.youtube.com/user/daeshta?feature=mhee
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'm only doing this because Yonowaaru made me, blame him.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Question about the order of night actions. Does Zombie bite people before it dies? Reading the descriptions the zombie seemed to be one of the most dangerous because if left unchecked it'd multiply very very quickly. Lots of ways to kill it, but if it starts to pick up steam, it'd be almost impossible to stop after a few nights. Basically, do we still have a zombie on our hands, or can we put away the chainsaws and concrete structures?

Also why MYLO? With 4 mafia and 6 town, can't we lose three more town before we die? We could have a mafia hit and a werewolf kill and still see tomorrow. This assumes that werewolf is brave enough to attack wareng since his is the most likely known role, but there's still a decent chance cobalt got hit and doc got zombie, so it's still risky for werewolf.

I mean I'm fine with nolynch because there's all sorts of stuff that goes on at night with this set up. I feel that we won't hit a complete standstill like we did in the last game, and actually learn a lot just by letting the night happen. Still RL is 50/50 chance to hit scum, and the odds that everything will kill a town without any mafia caught in the crossfire are very low.

50/50 is a good chance for RL. It seems like we can afford at least one miss lynch. I'd probably prefer to RL in this case, but if people want to play less risky, a NL seems like a decent move too.

(if we do have a zombie born from town tonight though, RL is pretty scary. Need to know the order of operations here!)

Edit* actually throw in the off chance of lynching someone holding the doll, and yeah, RL does have some risks. NL sounds like it might be the safest and smartest action, right? Save something crazy happening today, I think I agree with towel.
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

There also is the chance that the dead zombie is the original zombie's first victim, and the original zombie is still out there, unless that's now how the order of operations works. wait no i'm dumb, they turn on the night after that ignore me

A night one werewolf kill just seems like way too much of a risky thing, imo, so I don't think that's what happened. Granny for either, doc on the zombie, and the mafia kill are all things that could have happened.

But anyway, it's not mylo yet, the mafia have to outnumber everyone, not just the townies.

But, there's 6 scum, with a potential 7th if a townie is a zombie infectee, and a 1/12 chance of hitting the person with the doll, if it is actually in play.

They seem like fine enough odds to me, but I'm with Cup and if everyone wants to play it safe, I don't think a NL would be particularly damning.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Cup wrote:Question about the order of night actions. Does Zombie bite people before it dies?
Zombies act quicker at night than the mafia.
However, if zombies are visiting roles (a.k.a. visiting the doctor or the granny), then they die before they get to zombify them.

Votes:
No one - 1
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

Aposke wrote: However, if zombies are visiting roles (a.k.a. visiting the doctor or the granny), then they die before they get to zombify them.
I thought the zombie only gets killed if the doctor visits him, and not vice-versa? Or, at least, that's how the wording in the OP makes it sound.
Falky

Post by Falky »

Difficult to say what exactly we're dealing with here, and especially dangerous as we only have one reporting role now. I doubt ww ate correctly n1, especially a cop/zombie, although I was expecting ww to try to eat n1 and fail. Realistic options appear to be maf killed cop and doc killed zombie, maf killed cop and zombie hit granny, or cop hit granny and maf killed zombie.

Also, Towel's comments raised a point. Can WW eat through doc's protection in this game?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
dashta

Post by dashta »

I certainly hope doc counters WW, it gets kinda scary otherwise.
Anyway, voting NL, just to get this day done and over with, if no one has anything meaningful to say?
VV My Channel, shameless advertising FTW! VV
http://www.youtube.com/user/daeshta?feature=mhee
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'm only doing this because Yonowaaru made me, blame him.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

playing mafia with alex has taught me to never say anything helpful ever.
I vote nolynch
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Dan

Post by Dan »

I don't know what to say
Sorry Cobalt
NL
Falky

Post by Falky »

Forgot to vote. Yeah, NL.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

No Lynch it is, then.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm pretty late so I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said already. I also voteNL to end this day

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Aw man, you guys are sissies. I think you should ml every chance you get!!!
I'll vote moonpirate, even though I know majority will be nl anyway.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

I agree with ultratowel's proposal. No lynch.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Votes:

No Lynch - 9
moonpirate - 1

9/12 people voted No Lynch, therefore the day ends.

It is now night 2. Send me your night actions.

(Also yes, just like in normal EM, the werewolf can eat through doctor's protection).
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

It is now the 2nd of November!

In the morning, the town gathers in horror as they realize that ultratowel112, their watcher, has been killed over night!

With no investigating roles left, how will town fight back against the persistent mafia?
But wait - there's a note written in blood on the ground next to the corpse!

"FoS tatanga"!

Could that be the decisive evidence - the last words of the watcher, pointing out his killer? Or was perhaps his killer the author of this message?!
The atmosphere of fear thickens as the second day begins for the town...
Falky

Post by Falky »

Cop and watcher dead. We're buggered.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image