Pumpkin Pie MAFIA [SIGNUPS]

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Aposke
Banned

Pumpkin Pie MAFIA [SIGNUPS]

Post by Aposke »

MAFIA!
Why?
Because I made a deal with the devil (Wareng) and because it's that time of the year again...
Yep, this is a Halloween themed Mafia!
And while I'm trying to think about how to actually pull off a halloween theme in Mafia, you guys can sign up for it! The signups are open until I say they aren't anymore. I'll announce it 24 hours in advance though.

This round might or might not have a gimmick, depending on whether I can come up with one during the next few days. Now excuse me while I'm being lazy and copying the rest of this post from Wareng's old mafia thread.

What is mafia?
The basic premise of mafia is this: there are two teams, the town and the mafia. Obviously these two cannot live side by side, so the ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, much of the game is spent trying to weed out mafia members. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles. Among these are the cop, who investigates people to learn what team they are on, and the doctor, who can save people from being killed by the mafia. Both the town and the mafia have specialized roles, and the doctor and cop are not the only ones, but for the purpose of this intro I will not go into detail about each role.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia decides on who to kill and any other actions that may be available to them. In addition, any "power roles" from the town(e.g. cop, doctor) will send their actions to the host. Once all actions have been sent out, night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. They must decide on whom to lynch that day. The purpose of this is to lynch a mafia member, but as townspeople cannot tell who is mafia, it often ends with the lynching of one of their own. Daytime ends after the lynch.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or the mafia is killed.
RULES!

Code: Select all

1. You do not talk about mafia outside of the thread. That means no theorizing, no asking "what's your role?", no nothing. If you are part of a team, like the mafia, you are allowed to discuss with them however and whenever you like. If you have this really great strategy planned out and you need to tell someone something to make it work, but no one else can see it, you'll have to send me a PM and I'll relay it. Of course, you can still talk about things like how great the game or the host is in IRC.

2. You cannot post in the thread during the night, unless you just died and you'd like to make a last statement. Please do not include results of investigations such as "I investigated X and he was Y", or who your partners are, in your last statement. Basically, only really, really general stuff (or just something dumb), and nothing that can really change how the game is going. If you had something to say, you should've said it while you were alive.

3. The host is always right, and should not be doubted. The host never makes any mistakes (except when he does).

4. During the night, you must send me, the host, what you would like to do as a night action in a PM. If you don't choose a target in 48 hours, you will probably be killed and removed from play. Don't do this. If you have to go for a few days and can't play, PM me and we'll work something out.

5. During the day, everyone votes who should be lynched. Once a majority is reached, or everyone has either voted or resigned their vote, a 24 hour countdown starts, and once it ends, the person with the most votes is lynched.

6. Under no circumstances should you quote a PM from the host, or forge one by that matter. If you want to claim that you received a report, provide no other evidence than your own credibility.

7. The game ends when all mafia are dead, or when the mafia outnumbers the town.

:!: :!: :!: Please pay attention to that rule that says don't sign up if you're just going to sit there

MAFIA HALL OF FAME SHAME
Vanilla Mafia (Sillyman)
Caramel Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Chocolate Mafia (Sillyman) (RIP Mafia #1)
Double Mint Chocolate Chip Mafia (Time Traveler)
Neapolitan Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Mocha Moolatte Mafia (Argumentable)
Cookies 'n' Cream Mafia (limepie20)
Double Chocolate Mafia (Sillyman)
Secret Santa Mafia (O-Card) (RIP Mafia #2)
Vainilla Mafia (O-Card)
Butter Pecan Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Strawberry Mafia (Argumentable) (RIP Mafia #3)
Cookie Dough Mafia (Don Zanevsky)

SIGNUPS
Don Zanevsky
Cobalt
Bartle
ultratowel112
Falky
Cup
jesuiscontent
Tsurugi
AUS
tatanga
dashta
limepie20
ano0maly
moonpirate
Last edited by Aposke 11 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
Dan

Re: Pumpkin Pie Mafia SIGNUPS

Post by Dan »

I sign up
Cobalt

Re: Pumpkin Pie MAFIA [SIGNUPS]

Post by Cobalt »

I sign up
can YOU use the packet sauce?
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

Missed the last one, so of course I'm going to join this one.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Count me in for this one.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Cup

Post by Cup »

Sure
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I join

Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

me me pick me
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

oh god this is a terrible idea
I join
EDIT: everyone who doesn't update within 2 days should just show up dead
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Dan

Post by Dan »

irl
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Sign me up.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Signups close tomorrow (16th Oct) at midnight!

Meanwhile, I'll put this thread in my sig to advertise it a little more.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Midnight what timezone??????????????????? And you can't beat my advertising no matter how hard you try
dashta

Post by dashta »

Eh, why not.
Here's hopin' for a good game of mafia, one that does not fizzle out halfway through.
Good luck, peeps!
VV My Channel, shameless advertising FTW! VV
http://www.youtube.com/user/daeshta?feature=mhee
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'm only doing this because Yonowaaru made me, blame him.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Screw it! I don't care if Aposke destroys the game halfway through like what happened with the last one. I join.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Since this is promotional I'll give it a shot
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Signups end at 11:59 PM CEST (in less than 23 hours)
Game will start in less than 48 hours.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Aposke wrote:The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or the town outnumbers the mafia.
Is the latter part of this description an error? One of these cases will always exist unless there is an equal number of townspeople and mafia. This means that the game would only last one round. Groups I've played with only ended the game if the mafia outnumbered the townspeople, or if all mafia have been killed.
Dan

Post by Dan »

That is a mistake. I don't remember writing that! It should be "or until all the mafia have been killed."
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Signups end in 45 minutes.
It'd be nice if we had one more participant, so get your ass in here you one procrastinator!
Dan

Post by Dan »

<Wareng> mooponi: sign up for mafia
<Wareng> It'd be nice if we had one more participant, so get your ass in here you one procrastinator!
<mooponi> i refuse to post right now but i will sign up
<mooponi> make it so
Two hours late, but who cares, moops signs up
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Actually you were only 6 minutes late, and I fell asleep anyways, so...

*moops joins your party

Expect the game to start somewhen this afternoon (in 6 to 9 hours)