(shouting)

Cookie Dough Mafia sucks PARTICIPATION

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Dan

Cookie Dough Mafia sucks PARTICIPATION

Post by Dan »

Welcome to Cookie Dough Mafia!

Current time: everyone is dead RIP

There are some new players this round. Here's something if you don't know how to play
The basic premise of mafia is this: there are two teams, the town and the mafia. Obviously these two cannot live side by side, so the ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, much of the game is spent trying to weed out mafia members. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles. Among these are the cop, who investigates people to learn what team they are on, and the doctor, who can save people from being killed by the mafia. Both the town and the mafia have specialized roles, and the doctor and cop are not the only ones, but for the purpose of this intro I will not go into detail about each role.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia decides on who to kill and any other actions that may be available to them. In addition, any "power roles" from the town(e.g. cop, doctor) will send their actions to the host. Once all actions have been sent out, night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. They must decide on whom to lynch that day. The purpose of this is to lynch a mafia member, but as townspeople cannot tell who is mafia, it often ends with the lynching of one of their own. Daytime ends after the lynch.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or the town outnumbers the mafia.

DICTIONARY:
CC: Counterclaim; a tactic by which one claims to be a role that has already been claimed. Eg: Real cop outs himself, says he has a guilty on Mafia, Mafia CCs cop and says he has a guilty on someone else.
Clear: Any player who has been proven to be the role they've claimed. "True" clears are rare; a player can either be cleared by an oracle's death or be unCCed when they claim to be a role. Cop reports are semi-reliable in clearing.
LYLO: Lynch or lose; a situation in which the town must lynch an opposing team member, or the game will end.
Mislynch: To "have a mislynch" is a situation in which the town can afford to accidentally lynch one of their own while searching for mafia or cult. Can also refer to an incorrect lynch.
MYLO: Mislynch and lose; A situation in which the town cannot afford to mislynch, as it is very possible that it will cause them to lose. Can be averted by lynching an opposing team member or not lynching anybody.
PR: Power Role; any role that has a night action.
Sorry for talking to you like you're stupid but misunderstandings have ruined games before. This game is a little more complex than that but everything is explained in the roles section. If you don't get something ask me in PM or IRC

:!: :!: :!: Here are the roles involved and their descriptions:
TOWN
Villager (3): Also known as blues, these roles are basically there to take up space. They have no night actions and participate in daily lynchings.
Doctor (1): The doctor chooses one person each night to save. If that person is targeted by the mafia, he will not be killed.
Cop (1): The cop chooses one person each night to investigate. In the morning, he will know if they are mafia- or town-aligned.
Watcher (1): The watcher chooses one person each night to watch. In the morning, he will know who visited that person at night.
Oracle (1): The oracle chooses one person each night. If the oracle is killed that night, his target's role will be revealed to the rest of the players the next day.
Shrink (2): The shrink chooses one person to protect each night. That person will not be converted by the masons or the cult. The shrinks do not have night meetings nor do they know the identity of the other shrink. The shrink can target himself.
Miller (1): The miller has no night actions, and appears to himself as a villager (i.e. if you're a miller you won't know it). However, if the cop investigates the miller, the miller will appear to be mafia-aligned.
Bomb (1): The bomb has no night actions. If he is targeted by the mafia, he will be killed, but he will also explode, killing the mafia member who was sent to him.
Mason (1): The masons choose one person each night to convert. Once there is more than once mason, they will have nightly meetings to discuss whom to convert and whom to send to do the conversion. If the masons choose to convert a mafia member, the mason sent to do the conversion will be killed and the conversion will fail. If a mason tries to convert a cultist, the cultist is killed.

MAFIA
Godfather (1): The godfather, like all members of the mafia, participates in nightly mafia meetings. If the cop investigates the godfather, however, he will appear as town-aligned.
Stalker (1): The stalker, in addition to voting on the nightly kill, chooses one person each night. There is a 50% chance he will know that person's role the next day.
Enforcer (1): The enforcer, in addition to voting on the nightly kill, chooses one person each night, usually a member of the mafia but not necessarily. That person will not be converted by the cult. The enforcer cannot target himself.
Mafioso (1): Also known as vanilla mafia, this role has no special ability other than voting in nightly mafia meetings.

CULT
Cult Leader (1): The cult leader chooses one person the first night, and that person is converted to the cult. When there are two or more cult members, they will have nightly meetings to vote on who to convert. If the cult leader is killed, all the cultists die.
(Updated!) Rules and notes:

Code: Select all

1. You do not talk about mafia outside of the thread. That means no theorizing, no asking "what's your role?", no nothing. If you are part of a team, like the mafia, you are allowed to discuss with them however and whenever you like. If you have this really great strategy planned out and you need to tell someone something to make it work, but no one else can see it, you'll have to send me a PM and I'll relay it. Of course, you can still talk about things like how great the game or the host is in IRC. 

2. You cannot post in the thread during the night, unless you just died and you'd like to make a last statement. Please do not include results of investigations such as "I investigated X and he was Y", or who your partners are, in your last statement. Basically, only really, really general stuff (or just something dumb), and nothing that can really change how the game is going. If you had something to say, you should've said it while you were alive.

3. The host is always right, and should not be doubted. The host never makes any mistakes (except when he does).

4. During the night, you must send me, the host, what you would like to do as a night action in a PM. If you don't choose a target in 24-36 hours, depending on how I feel, you will probably* be killed and removed from play. Don't do this. If you have to go for a few days and can't play, PM me and we'll work something out. *definitely

5. During the day, everyone votes who should be lynched. Once a majority is reached, the person with the most votes is lynched.

6. Under no circumstances should you quote a PM from the host, or forge one by that matter. If you want to claim that you received a report, provide no other evidence than your own credibility.

7. Please post every day - and not a useless post either! This is more of a guideline than a rule; I understand that not everybody can be here 24/7, and the days move very quickly, but the game is much more fun if there are more than 5 out of 17 players talking. On that note, the game is also more fun if there is actual reason behind lynching votes and not all bandwagons. Power roles, claim and reveal your reports wisely, and villagers be wary of whom to trust! It may not seem like it, but long and complicated theory posts are much more fun than "scumslip everybody vote alex vote alex vote alex alex alex alex alex alex alex"

8. If you hold up the game at night (by which I mean "don't send me anything", not "have a longer-than-usual night meeting") you're banned. From mafia and the forums. If you plan on doing this, jump off a bridge.

9. The game ends when all mafia are dead, when the mafia outnumbers the town, or when the cult outnumbers the mafia and the town.
e: I always forget to add this rule. Once somebody has replied to your post you may not remove anything from it or delete it. You can only edit. If you would like to retract something you said, use strikethrough and edit in that you're retracting.

Here are this round's players:
Argumentable
BlueWizrobe
BTYM
Cobalt
Daarkbuu
Jesuiscontent
Tsurugi

GRAVEYARD:
alex2 (Blue)
AUS (Doctor)
O-Card (Enforcer)
Bartle (Cultist)
Cup (Mason)
Daniel Jackson (Cult Leader)
Baragon (Mason)
limepie20 (Watcher)
Paperkoopa (Mason)
Aposke (Shrink)

It is now night one. You may not post. PM me your night actions.
Last edited by Dan 11 years ago, edited 17 times in total.
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Cookie Dough Mafia PARTICIPATION

Post by ultratowel112 »

Posting in the mafia thread because I'm scumn and didn't know another game was starting.
Dan

Post by Dan »

banned for night post ^^

Good morning! You awake to find that... nobody has died! Wowzers! I let the night run a little long because I gave no notice about when the game was going to start but it won't be that long again. BE WARNED

It is day 1. You may now post. 17 players are alive, 9 votes to lynch.
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

Welp, good job there, doc.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

GJ DOC/ MAF NL

obligatory post asking for reports
can YOU use the packet sauce?
BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by BlueWizrobe »

It seems too early for me to make a decision on who to vote for, I guess I'll just wait for reports and the likes, like everyone else.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Oh great, I just realized, this game has a cult.
So, even if we should not get any reports or something today, RL might have a pretty good chance of hitting. Although reports would be the preferred way to go, of course... Come on, someone?
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

It's also possible the cult lead converted the mafia guy that was sent to kill someone, isn't it? This doesn't really help but uh yeah waiting for reports basically

Dan

Post by Dan »

Kills take place before conversion
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yes every power role has the ability to do nothing
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Dan

Post by Dan »

Is that a vote for alex2
Also I love you

e: also please put your votes in bold from now on so I don't have to read your dumb posts
Last edited by Dan 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Stop whispering Kill Alex it's not nice!
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Best way to vote in history's history of history

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Alex who did you watch that wasn't visited?
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni

Post by AUS »

Just woke up.
*yawn*
EDIT: Is it normal that I'm immediately suspicious of anyone that starts off their posts with "good job doc"? :lol:
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

B-but the Fool - wait no he's not in this game

since we're gonna rl anyway i vote Alex
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

No vote from me.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I vote Cobalt because argu's video was too subtle on alex and just subtle enough about cobalt.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Dan

Post by Dan »

AUS wrote:Just woke up.
*yawn*
EDIT: Is it normal that I'm immediately suspicious of anyone that starts off their posts with "good job doc"? :lol:
No

Votes (9 to lynch)
Alex - 1
Cobalt - 2
AUS - 2

e: that "no" was not intended as any kind of subtle hinting about anything, it's just that congratulating the doctor on saving somebody is a pretty normal thing to do, either sincerely by a townie or as a cover by a mafia. You shouldn't read too much into worthless posts like the one Cobalt made
Last edited by Dan 11 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Voting Cobalt on that basis doesn't seem right because assuming it was a doc save isn't scummy at all. If someone didn't die, most would assume that. Also, Cobalt of course also suggested a maf nl which makes it less scummy (although a maf nl would be a stupid move anyway because it's a waste at this point).
Oh yeah and Cobalt didn't even say it first. If we are gonna vote someone for that, let's vote Tsurugi.

I vote AUS because we have an ml. Tsurugi, alex, and aus are already my foses.
Just to explain myself: alex and AUS did a good job trying to start a useless bandwagon there. And alex decided to vote Cobalt instead of Tsurugi because Tsurugi is probably "someone he wants to keep around".

The only reason I'm not voting alex is because he is uncced watcher, and we don't want to risk losing watcher.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

EDIT3: TL;DR claiming Doc. Doc'd alex2.
limepie20 wrote:And alex decided to vote Cobalt instead of Tsurugi because Tsurugi is probably "someone he wants to keep around".
You sure are putting a lot of thought into nothing on the first day. :lol:
EDIT: The reason I'm overly suspicious about cobalt and the other one, is because I'm the doc and I saved alex2 last night.

-ohno, the horror, kiss me dead tomorrow night-
E2: or culted
Last edited by AUS 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

limepie20 wrote:stuff
Oh good an actual analyzation of psychological tactics
Changing to AUS
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

AUS wrote:EDIT3: TL;DR claiming Doc
Okay seriously now no one doc claims day 1 even if you're trying to out what looks to be an inno
Still lynching you anyway because even if you're telling the truth maf is probably gonna get you
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

If mafia is going to get me, the guy I saved (aka alex2) would just watch me, then we'd get a mafia out of it.

I have no reason not to claim doc on day 1, because people are already suspicious of me.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"