(shouting)

1% of the Users Control 43% of the Posts: Fixing the Forums

Topics of particular note that tickle the fancy of users and mods alike.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: 1% of the Users Control 43% of the Posts: Fixing the Forums

Post by ano0maly »

Aposke wrote: That aside, I really would've wished you'd at least kept ATXS as a subforum to the arts section. It IS raocow's comic after all and finding the thread about ordering the latest ATXS copy might be kind of a pain now that it's buried under all the old dead art threads.
Perhaps, though that forum would not have had as many threads if it wasn't a separate forum.

This is what I got from a recent cache:
Edit:

Wait, the entire ATXS forum was moved to graveyard?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

ano0maly wrote:Wait, the entire ATXS forum was moved to graveyard?
Yeah. I don't delete posts, so everything is in the records for anyone to see in case they want to.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

I don't really think the forum is in that much trouble, to be honest. There's nothing wrong with a smaller concentration of posts every now and then. I consider myself in somewhat of the same boat as Ultratowel. I'm a relatively "old" Talkhaus user whom still visits the forum pretty much every day, but doesn't have anything I consider important enough to post about. I'm also pretty busy with college and work right now, and I would assume other users have similar duties. Anyway, good luck with activity and hopefully everything works out for the best!

On a different note, I've been meaning to join the IRC again sometime just to catch up with everyone, so I hope it isn't removed already...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I don't think the forum's in any trouble either. People are posting their playthroughs and the Gazebo gets a decent amount of activity and all. It's just that there were too many branches on the tree here.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

limepie20 wrote:
ano0maly wrote:Wait, the entire ATXS forum was moved to graveyard?
Yeah. I don't delete posts, so everything is in the records for anyone to see in case they want to.
Whoa wait what?
Why would you delete that forum? I can't remember anyone asking about that, ever. Sure, it's mostly dead save for one post every 3 months, but at least the ordering thread pop up every now and then when someone buys a new copy of ATXS and has questions about the process or the book itself. Also it's the only place on any internet forum that I know that directly discusses ATXS.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

If people want to discuss ATXS, they'll post in the main stickied thread.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

[re: activity]
I mostly came here because I wanted to share my Raonimations and contribute to A2MT, but I would like to be more active than I generally am. The thing is I'm just always nervous and prone to making a fool of myself so I don't post a whole lot. Kinda the same reason I don't go into the IRC much; I don't know how to handle conversing with multiple people I don't know well and I expect that my interests may not be shared by others (in all honestly they probably ARE, and I expect I would get to know people if I did participate, but like I said I'm just very nervous). Also what Sept said in the IRC thread(sorta); on one(?) occasion I had content that I don't care to see discussed in my face, and if that happens regularly then I'd just rather not participate at all.
Argumentable wrote:
Aposke wrote: I think what we need right now is a community project, something big, like making a new game together
Hey guys lets make a romhack
I'm quite sure this isn't meant to be taken seriously, but I have had a romhack idea in mind for a bit- though it's still in the concept stage, needs to get all organized before I could make a thread about it, and A2MT's still in the process of getting done (kinda), so... yeah.
Ashanmaril wrote:Maybe it could be used as a sort of image let's play area (Or whatever they're called.)? Like, rather than advertising your YouTube LPs like in the Let's Play sub-forum, you could do one of those things where you play for a bit, take some screenshots, and then update your progress in a game every once and a while.
Couldn't that also fit in the Let's Play forum? Just, y'know, mark the thread as a screenshot LP or something.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.