(shouting)

The results!

Whoa buddies, it's time for a talkhaus bloodbath.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: The results!

Post by ano0maly »

Bwarch wrote:Do whatever you want but if you don't count by the rules we're going by I'll take them out of signatures if I see them.
Ok, seriously now.

You have no right to 1) stop someone from making some userbars and 2) forcibly change other people's signatures. I've been halfway letting things slide up to this point, but if you do that you'll just make other people angry. Some people were annoyed last year that a bunch of winners got left out, and doing it again this year isn't going to help.

Really, what's gotten into you? People are already getting all confused here because of this rule change.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

So worst Avatar gets an award, but best doesn't :/
That crazy voice dude
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

alex2 wrote:At least put "unofficial" or something.
If you can come up with some way to differentiate them clearly from the official Most awards I'll allow it.
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So worst Avatar gets an award, but best doesn't :/
Was rooting for you too.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

For the record, we won't take userbars out of your signiture if they're not official.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by QuietProtag »

limepie20 wrote:Bean, you'll never be more neutral than me.
Are you that neutral? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Bwarch wrote:
alex2 wrote:At least put "unofficial" or something.
If you can come up with some way to differentiate them clearly from the official Most awards I'll allow it.
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So worst Avatar gets an award, but best doesn't :/
Was rooting for you too.
Yet you didn't vote for me >:
That crazy voice dude
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

alex2 wrote:Come on guys. Don't take it so personally.
I didn't really get upset until Bwarch said he's going to change people's signatures. He was the one that changed rules without notice. He was also the one that said we shouldn't change rules midway.

Mosts is supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be complete nonsense, but it's not supposed to be some strict competition by some commercial site, either. Going after other users' signatures and digging things out ruins the fun, and I'll have a problem with him if he actually does that. It's not like these bars are unique products the mods made; the userbar generator website was provided by other members as a courtesy.

You have control over "Talkhaus Mosts Awards" in the profile. If you care that much about being it official, you can list the "official" ones there. And don't worry about the userbars looking different.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Hey anomaly, I already responded to you. There's no need to go on.

We apologize for the rule change, but that's only a minor thing. We decided it was fairer this way, and in effect, less people won rather than a million.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Sorry but I don't see how a last-minute rule change is in any way fair.

It's not like we intended this year's mosts to be so active (which is a good thing, by the way). I never imagined that we would get twice as many threads as last year, and so many participants. Arbitrarily tightening the criteria just because we unexpectedly got too many threads is just laziness. You could have instead asked more members to help out with the votes.

And looking over the new pinned notice, I think you might have a misunderstanding of how mosts has been. It's too limiting to adequately cover the scope, and is detrimental to us enjoying the mosts. It's supposed to be a relaxing yet exciting thing for our memberbase to enjoy by talking about what happened past year. It's not like we're formally nominating members for some position; talkhaus doesn't have the need nor the size for that.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

While you are right about how the mosts should be, our suggested changes are there to improve the overall quality of the mosts. The mentality won't change unless the users want it to.
While the new rule did limit the number of results, it was important because it made the results more accurate, so someone actually popular would win rather than one person having two votes and ten other people having one for instance.

Again I'm sorry, but it is what it is.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

So nobody won best butt.
That crazy voice dude
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

limepie20 wrote:While you are right about how the mosts should be, our suggested changes are there to improve the overall quality of the mosts. The mentality won't change unless the users want it to.
While the new rule did limit the number of results, it was important because it made the results more accurate, so someone actually popular would win rather than one person having two votes and ten other people having one for instance.

Again I'm sorry, but it is what it is.
We don't know how talkhaus is going to fare over the next year. We already took a bit hit due to the Zanyhost downtime, and I don't see talkhaus growing that big to necessitate such strict quality. And even then, we don't have to decide the rules a year in advance. We can watch over what happens here and set up rules near the end of 2014.

And I'm doing all the work right now counting votes for the remaining threads so don't worry about the remainder. I'll post them in a bit, probably won't be able to right away.

e: Counted most of the remainder, mostly only threads with highest vote counts are left. Going to continue tomorrow.
Last edited by ano0maly 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Hey, nothing we posted is solidified of course, so don't worry about that.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

While, changing the rules aside I think the old rules work better than the new rules. I don't agree that fewer winners necessarily outweighs more winners. Each of these is a unique category and it's not like we take them to seriously. Some rewards are definitely more concrete than others, like "best Avatar" over "best athlete." Every single bar adds character to the talkhaus and we have plenty of users to spread them around.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Changing the rules after the fact?

Seriously though most of the categories that are now unofficial were joke categories anyway. Everyone needs to chill out a bit.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

yeah man like "best signature" or "best avatar" what a fuckin pile of baloney who even cares about those
ImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think it was a fair mix of poor/joke threads and legit threads. We'll see tomorrow when I post the vote results and the bars.

I'm too tired and not in the mood to finish at the moment, unfortunately.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

September Planks was was a vote for Ashan(forum search, he was the only one who used it), which brings the total to five.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

By the way Sep are you displaying my award in your signature because I was so stridently against your voice acting suggestion?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Doctor Shemp wrote:By the way Sep are you displaying my award in your signature because I was so stridently against your voice acting suggestion?
It's probably more to do with tie we would have got if you actually voted correctly.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

While I have my fair share of complaints about how this year went down, I think ano0maly has already said everything necessary, so I won't try to stir it all up again.

I will however point out that someone seems to have completely forgotten about this thread.

Edit: Oh yeah and I really hope those "8 categories per mod" thing you posted in the new thread includes the pre-opening categories. We really don't need 37 to begin with next year again.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

It does.

As for your userbar I figure Anomaly is picking up spares anyway so it's likely they've already made it.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:By the way Sep are you displaying my award in your signature because I was so stridently against your voice acting suggestion?
It's probably more to do with tie we would have got if you actually voted correctly.
Yes, upon re-reading the rules, I now see that I should have edited my first post. Damn. Well that is indisputably my mistake.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I don't know why you guys are arguing over something so silly. Hold hands and kiss, your beloved best talkhauser 2013 is asking this ♥

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

But Alex's hands are diiiiiiirty :(