71%
No
29%

Total votes: 90

Shinoda

Re: Demo's voice In ASM64T

Post by Shinoda »

Demolition wrote:
Octagon wrote: Use those for Iris, but have her exclaim them like special attacks in fighting games or anime... or if that's too silly, how about something woodwind-y?
Iris will probably just be NPC
Xirix wrote:Well that was silly, I give no opinion yet. :P How would we replace the 'Here we go' on obtaining a Star?
Like this

Where did that hand come from?

Is there a way to edit the animations at all? Maybe make her jump happily or something?
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Shinoda wrote:
Demolition wrote:
Octagon wrote: Use those for Iris, but have her exclaim them like special attacks in fighting games or anime... or if that's too silly, how about something woodwind-y?
Iris will probably just be NPC
Xirix wrote:Well that was silly, I give no opinion yet. :P How would we replace the 'Here we go' on obtaining a Star?
Like this

Where did that hand come from?

Is there a way to edit the animations at all? Maybe make her jump happily or something?
I don't think anyone has edited animations yet, I've seen tutorials on replacing animations with other animations though, so maybe she could always spin jump.

The hand should be easy to remove. the hands occasionally appear in other animations too (swimming, flying, etc.)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

If we went with a voice she could have overexaggeratingly exclaimed 'I FOUND A STAR' .. or presumably 'I FOUND A LEEK!'
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Demolition wrote:If there is voice acting her Jump sounds should be replaced with "une, deux, trois" and her falling sound should sound like this
I'd totally be for voice acting if we could get someone to voice the "une, deux, trois" thing (minus that link at the end because what the hell is that even), but maybe that's just because I like imagining that demo is french.
Either way, trumpet sounds seem way off to me and really make her sound more like a robot than anything.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Yeah, I'd much rather Demo be voiced. When I said "sounds like a plan" before, I was skeptical and probably should have had a question mark there. Demo's not a robot, she's an alien cyclops demon girl. Pretty sure that doesn't fall under "robot."
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Who would actually do Demo's voice, if she were to get one?
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

dr_kraid wrote:Who would actually do Demo's voice, if she were to get one?
Are there any girls on this forum with microphones?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

How about GreenMosaics? (Haven't seen her active recently, so she might not be around to do Demo's voice)
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

My girlfriend would be open for it, but I'm kinda liking the trumpet idea tbh.
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

If we absolutely flat-out don't have anybody... I -could- do it, as a last resort. Not strictly a girl, but apparently I sound like one, so, yeah. Again, though, only if we really don't have anyone else to do it.
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

We have plenty of girls with microphones here.
There's RikunFrances, Sheps, Una, Giovanni, Horikawa Otane, GlitchedGhost and Redsy, just to name the ones that I know of.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Aposke wrote:We have plenty of girls with microphones here.
There's RikunFrances, Sheps, Una, Giovanni, Horikawa Otane, GlitchedGhost and Redsy, just to name the ones that I know of.
Way to list a bunch of people who aren't around anymore. From LPs I know of mismuffins, Pink, and Chompie. Their's probably a lot more with microphones since microphones aren't exactly an elusive item.

So due to this being a silly game, I suggest we go for an soprano(I think mismuffins have the highest vioce of those I listed). Also, Crinya once said she has a really high vioce, but she appearently hates it too much for LPing with it.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I'd like to hear what LaularuKyrumo sounds like before seeking out someone who has yet to feign interest.

I also just realized that Super Mario World Central has expanded into Mario 64 Hacking, something that probably wont come as a surprise to anyone but me. I feel a bit sad now in a "I hacked Mario 64 before it was cool" sort of way.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Demolition wrote:I'd like to hear what LaularuKyrumo sounds like before seeking out someone who has yet to feign interest.

I also just realized that Super Mario World Central has expanded into Mario 64 Hacking, something that probably wont come as a surprise to anyone but me. I feel a bit sad now in a "I hacked Mario 64 before it was cool" sort of way.
It's unlikely that a girly male would be a good as a high-pitch female vioce in this situation.

Out of all the people talkhaus has avialible, what percent of them have seen this thread at this point? Maybe 5%. We just need a global announcement or outreach. Plus it's not like this issue that will affect the rest of this game, so anything we do can be a placeholder.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Demolition wrote:I'd like to hear what LaularuKyrumo sounds like before seeking out someone who has yet to feign interest.

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

^^^^^^^
Sounds nothing like a girl, maybe would still work as Demo's voice.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Demolition wrote:[/youtube]
I would say that's on the manly side of ambiguous. There's really no rush to find an voice actress, and I think we can afford to stay picky, as we ultimately will have the attention the entire talkhaus at some point.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I actually think That Demo's voice should come first. Trying to Import custom sounds into Mario 64 is like trying to insert a nickel under your eyelid. It's unpleasant for everyone involved and has a million ways of going wrong. Also very few people have tried it so there is little frame of reference.

It would suck to get far into development and then learn that changing the voice causes thwomps to explode or something,

I dunno what i'm talking about.

When we get a voice actress/girly man I will probably import the voice sounds into a new ROM and build up from there (Demo's head needs roundening)
StraightFlame

Post by StraightFlame »

I'm kind of starting to think of the trumpet sounds as something like humans can't grasp the true form of these creatures' voices, which would be a nice kind of joke in A2MBXT. I know the raocow character once heard her talk, but never actually responded, (Maybe he just thought he was going insane because not only did he see Demo but she made trumpet sounds.) and Demo never said anything to the helper character i forgot the name of. I can already see the intro scene where Demo goes on a long-winded explanation on why she needs raocow's help to do a certain task, then we switch to raocow's POV and the text box says "(...what is she trying to tell me...)" and the music changes to trumpet sounds.

tl;dr version: Trumpet sounds have potential in-universe.
[quote=""YouTube Commentator StraightFlame1""]It wouldn't surprise me if [the] same [arguments used to defend 8flight's scoring] were used to support something like police brutality.[/quote]
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

There's a flaw in your logic. The Yoshis in ASMT could understand her. So could the Charlies. Actually everyone could.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Validon98 wrote:There's a flaw in your logic. The Yoshis in ASMT could understand her. So could the Charlies. Actually everyone could.
He said Humans

What species is the artist?
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

StraightFlame wrote:I'm kind of starting to think of the trumpet sounds as something like humans can't grasp the true form of these creatures' voices, which would be a nice kind of joke in A2MBXT. I know the raocow character once heard her talk, but never actually responded, (Maybe he just thought he was going insane because not only did he see Demo but she made trumpet sounds.) and Demo never said anything to the helper character i forgot the name of. I can already see the intro scene where Demo goes on a long-winded explanation on why she needs raocow's help to do a certain task, then we switch to raocow's POV and the text box says "(...what is she trying to tell me...)" and the music changes to trumpet sounds.

tl;dr version: Trumpet sounds have potential in-universe.
raocow was reacting to Demo in that fashion as it's a thing that he created in his own head coming to life in front of him, that's why he reacts to Sheath similarly.
Demolition wrote:
Validon98 wrote:There's a flaw in your logic. The Yoshis in ASMT could understand her. So could the Charlies. Actually everyone could.
He said Humans

What species is the artist?
Sheath talks to demo.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

darkychao wrote:Sheath talks to demo.
Sheath is crazy though. You can probably dismiss her ability to translate trumpet sounds as one of her quirks
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Honestly, sod any reason or sense. Cartoon characters make strange noises when they sneak, walk, run, or jump anywhere. Mickey Mouse has a full orchestra following him everywhere. It's common to a lot of platformers too. Even if Demo actually sounds like an eldritch horror or has the voice of an angel, unusual and quirky sounds like the trumpet (but not necessarily the trumpet) are not entirely unreasonable, and entirely in the spirit of the thing. So long as she sounds less like a robot and more like an odd-but-living space-demon-thing it's all good.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

BobisOnlyBob wrote:Demo actually sounds like an eldritch horror
THIS IS NOT A BAD IDEA!
Gnu'gth Kzutf g'thuz'ed IMGATHUN!

Honestly, although I think it would be interesting, I'm kind of wanting no voice, just a jump sound.
Would anyone be very annoyed by that?