(shouting)

A Super ASMT 64

A 3D collab? Sure, why not?
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: A Super ASMT 64

Post by Xirix »

Not sure why I didn't think of hanging upside down, but yeah my main concern and why I asked was from an animation standpoint, how fluid is it going to look if Demo's jumping one second and then Bamf, she's upside down hanging onto something?
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Probably about as fluid as you think it'd look.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Redbone

Post by Redbone »

She could... grab ledges and gratings with her mouth? Probably would look wonky but it'd be better than suddenly flipping upside down.

Or, heck, if we can't do anything in animation we could give her magic floaty Rayman hands and throw in some story to back it up if we need to.
exists on occasion
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

I feel like supporting the name/title change to A3DMT. Yes please.

That, or, ASM64T was suggested a few times. (Pronounced "A Super Mario Sixty Four Thing", or "ey ess em sixty four tee" phonetically)
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Don't forget that demo also has a head! She is not limited to merely kicking, she can also bite and headbutt her enemies. :D
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

So I replaced the Mario 64 title at the beginning with this Talkhaus thing.
I had to do a lot of corner cutting to get this to work in game due to demos model causing polygons to disappear. I think the Mario head will be replaced with the title.
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Awesome! Though I'm worried about what happens if, say, you try and grab Mario's facial features and play around with them, like, is that function a property of the Mario head itself or would you encounter strange graphical glitches from manipulating the logo as if it were a face--or worse, crash the game entirely.
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

That's nice 3D Talkhaus there. I was wondering, can sound effects be edited in the game? Or are we going to have Demo voiced by Mario whenever she jumps or attacks? XD
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Xirix wrote:That's nice 3D Talkhaus there. I was wondering, can sound effects be edited in the game? Or are we going to have Demo voiced by Mario whenever she jumps or attacks? XD
sound can be edited
LaularuKyrumo wrote:Awesome! Though I'm worried about what happens if, say, you try and grab Mario's facial features and play around with them, like, is that function a property of the Mario head itself or would you encounter strange graphical glitches from manipulating the logo as if it were a face--or worse, crash the game entirely.
The Mario face is going to be completely removed, its glitched horribly right now
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Well that's my nightmare fuel for today.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

You should just leave the eyeball there just for kicks and giggles.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Yeah, that's kind of what I expected.

Jesus fuck unholy abomination :o
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

So I was trying to import a model to replace toad in one level, I selected the wrong model by mistake however and replaced toad with the level itself, I had no idea super Mario 64 could handle this.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I don't know how helpful this might be... but you're on the look out for talented individuals so I came across this.

http://saijeehiguchi.deviantart.com/art ... 29%29&qo=0

I PMed him and it seemed he had a bad experience with some of raocow's fans apparently so he stopped working on it, I dunno what went on and whether it was talkhaus members, but I've PMed him back and assured him we're very friendly here for the most part.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Xirix wrote:I PMed him and it seemed he had a bad experience with some of raocow's fans apparently so he stopped working on it, (...)
I blame his attempt at shoehorning in a power-up that turned Demo into Rainbow Dash.

if i ever make a fan game engine i'm totally going to add a power-up that turns demo into leomon because that's totally not a retarded concept in every single way
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Xirix wrote:I don't know how helpful this might be... but you're on the look out for talented individuals so I came across this.

http://saijeehiguchi.deviantart.com/art ... 29%29&qo=0

I PMed him and it seemed he had a bad experience with some of raocow's fans apparently so he stopped working on it, I dunno what went on and whether it was talkhaus members, but I've PMed him back and assured him we're very friendly here for the most part.
Yeah I remember, he made his own 3D engine game with Demo. He made a thread on the forum but I don't know where it is.
He even posted a beta demo in the thread. Currently you can only move around with Demo, jump and spinjump. There's some powerups, moving platforms and bricks. But it's useless anyway because we don't have the source code, and even if he decide to continue coding all the enemies and stuffs would take a long time, it's probably better to hack SM64.
Plus I remember he said he will not continue until A2MT is finished or something.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

yogui wrote: Plus I remember he said he will not continue until A2MT is finished or something.
So, it's completely abandoned then. :P

Ok, ok. I just love those jokes about A2MT, I know people are still working on it.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Demolition wrote:So I was trying to import a model to replace toad in one level, I selected the wrong model by mistake however and replaced toad with the level itself, I had no idea super Mario 64 could handle this.
I love how nobody notices this in light of the shitstorm regarding poor Saijee getting murderized by the brony hate-train.

Demolition's "Jesus fuck unholy abomination" counter: 2
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

LaularuKyrumo wrote: I love how nobody notices this in light of the shitstorm regarding poor Saijee getting murderized by the brony hate-train.

We should make a tribute level in honor of A3MT, Base the scenery stuff etc. off his finished levels and textures.

also, push that counter up to 3,
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Demolition wrote:
LaularuKyrumo wrote: I love how nobody notices this in light of the shitstorm regarding poor Saijee getting murderized by the brony hate-train.

We should make a tribute level in honor of A3MT, Base the scenery stuff etc. off his finished levels and textures.

also, push that counter up to 3,Image
actually, this reminds me, will Iris be playable in this like Luigi was in missing stars?
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

darkychao wrote:actually, this reminds me, will Iris be playable in this like Luigi was in missing stars?
No, right now I'm having trouble even making her an NPC
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Is it bad I find that kinda cute rather than an abomination? ^^
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I'm currently thinking about story, I think the intro cut scene should be attached as an avi. along with the read me and patch ect. Does anyone know the basic plot outline for a2mt?

If it doesn't reveal Demo's master I think he should be revealed to be:
*He refers to both Demo and Iris as deciples
*He's a demonic diety who likely would have minions
*He rewards you with a vegetable indicating he has a penchant for them
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Demolition wrote:I'm currently thinking about story, I think the intro cut scene should be attached as an avi. along with the read me and patch ect. Does anyone know the basic plot outline for a2mt?

I'm pretty sure demo's master guy and mister comma are not the same person.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

darkychao wrote:
Demolition wrote:I'm currently thinking about story, I think the intro cut scene should be attached as an avi. along with the read me and patch ect. Does anyone know the basic plot outline for a2mt?

I'm pretty sure demo's master guy and mister comma are not the same person.
who else could it be?