Any suggestion can be posted here if you want me to undo a changed part, or redesign some part yourself(both mwl and screenshot are fine).
- When you touch a goal tape, coins will be given instead of bonus stars (because there is no bonus room in this game).
- In the intro level(C5), the amount of lives is fixed.
Introduction to Ledges and Edges
Mushroom Ledgeworldpeace125 wrote:Introduction to Ledges and Edges
- 105: Screen 02: Getting the second dragoncoin is pretty hard when you’re big. I suggest adding a second cementblock before the two turnblocks, so you have enough space to throw the blue block at the lower turn block (you might have to move the whole structure to the right if you do that tough, so the player has enough room to jump off the piranha plant)
> add one more cement block
> insert explanation: Throwing up blocks won’t break them. Similarly, shells thrown up will keep stationary.
- Screen 03: Blind jump that could end on top of the muncher or the chargin’ chuck. Add a cointrail that leads onto safe ground and consider replacing the chuck with a goomba/koopa or removing any enemy in this area.
- Screen 05/06: There’s so much wrong with this area that I would suggest redesigning the area altogether. First of all, I don’t think glitch abuse in 1-1 is a good idea. I wouldn’t mind it later in the game, and to be fair there are indications as of what you have to do, but still. It just gives the whole game a bad vibe if there are such things that early in the game. Second, the moon spam. Remove it. And last but not least the kaizo-like chuck jump that is very hard to pass by without taking a hit (at least you get a mushroom right beforehand), and if you do fall in the hole you get trapped/die. This is not something you want to have in 1-1, unless you want to scare off any player that is not from the talkhaus.
> replace the ledge with turn blocks
> insert explanation: To run over 1 tile gaps, keep pressing a or b.I applied these to 1-1. Mostly I put some explanatory message boxes for some smw physics. As a result, the level seems to have a tutorial-like gimmick now and its mood becomes so different from the past.morsel/morceau wrote:I vote to retain the phasing through the floor glitch in 1-1 as I think it does a good job of setting the tone the hack (at least for me - I am fond of this level as I was inspired to make my own level (level 1) immediately after viewing the video of it). There is no harm in explaining more clearly what is required in a message box.
Near some of these message boxes, a new section is added to let players practice.
I just put this on impulse, given that raocow had a trouble with this diving board in his lp.
(1) Description for a throwing method which would be more stationary / (2) training with multiple coins / (3) application
About the floor glitch
About running over gaps. I believe the green switch palace also explains this.
(1) An explanation in case you "somehow" decide to carry the springboard / (2) training with multiple coins
Minor changes: the invisible note block is marked more clearly / falling into the pit brings you back.
After you hit the message box, the springboard appears from above. Also did this on impulse.[/spoiler]
Salty Roasted Peanuts