(shouting)

Boss discussion thread (Bowser)

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Boss discussion thread (Bowser)

Post by mellonpizza »

I decided maybe a thread dedicated solely to Bowser would be helpful for discussion.
Here should be an organized list of everything that concerns it. I remember some stuff was on chat but I forgot these since they were a while ago.
mellonpizza wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and throw out all the ideas I have for Bowser's attacks, so I can see what people think of them or if there's too many.
The main concept is vanilla Bowser in his clown car, but with more interesting attacks.
Bowser can be hurt by hitting a '?' block that appears where the propeller normally would.

Fireballs: Normal straight path, reflective a la boo laser, and bouncing with gravity
Hammer bro hammers
Homing boomerang
Super lightning, like worldpeace's continuation of scaffolding scuffle (Flames would probably be blocks to save OAM)
Bullet bills which aim down when above you (Could do other things). Could have a graphic similar to Roy's blaster from nsmbu
Bowling balls
Ball n chain that surrounds the car, making it harder to hit

Special attacks:
Bowser throws the ball n chain
Make super lightning on stomps
Make super lightning on the ground persist for a while, Mario needs to jump from bowling ball to bowling ball (Or possibly one bowling ball that reflects off walls) while bowser throws things from above the screen (Would only be one at a time to avoid something too tricky)
Also I've organized a progress sheet.
- Basic attacks [~10% progress]
- Method of animation [Started]
- Animations [Started]
- Attack patterns [Started]
- Music selection port [Not started]
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Re: Boss discussion thread (Bowser)

Post by worldpeace125 »

In my opinion, the plans of Bowser's attacks looks fine. Maybe you will have additional ideas when the boss has more concrete form. Right now, nothing much for me to say.

Please consider that we won't have much time.