(shouting)

The -OFFICIAL- What's Left to Be Done Thread

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Re: The -OFFICIAL- What's Left to Be Done Thread

Post by worldpeace125 »

You can define which map16 you are allowed to warp to in "sublevel_bc_def.asm". It's in uberASM folder and insert the uberASM patch with "asar.exe asar_patch.asm <romname>.smc". I should have explained this.

Note that what has a key role is map16 number of tiles, not "act as" number. I was too lazy and just used the preexisting code which detects the raw map16 number of a given position.
Now I realize there are some exceptions which wouldn't be handled correctly with this method - blocks that become solid on certain conditions, for example on/off solid blocks, coins, and brown used blocks. They should be handled as special cases.

I will code it or probably change the method.
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Thanks for the information. Expect a few screens from me soon enough, and maybe even a video... I'm motivated to play around with the gimmick, and to make something out of it. Again, thanks for coding it.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

[Moved post downward to make it more noticable]
Last edited by mellonpizza 8 years ago, edited 52 times in total.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

^ Not a bad idea, actually.

Daizo's Checklist:
-Create HDMA code for Level BC
-Send off Level BC to Worldpeace
-Finish Level 6 Replacement (Fortress of the Giant Monsters)
-Send off "Fortress of the Giant Monsters"
-Fix up scrolling issues in FotGM
-Add vine in FotGM
-Finish new level
-Claim any graphical requests for JUMP (currently empty)
Last edited by Daizo 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

So we've cleared many difficulties up to now and here are basically what to do

1) make some necessary levels, fill the unfinished parts (like message boxes)
2) make some more multiperson rooms
* some optional levels can be added while step 1, 2 are being done
3) complete overworld and item houses (+ debug if necessary)
4) enter the testing phase / apply feedback

So my suggestion is to let's have roughly 2 months to create fancy levels (for both necessary and optional levels). Then hopefully we are able to start step 4 (open or close beta test) around June.

Also we already have some nice reviews from Ryrir, so you are welcome to judge and work with them right now.

It's been a while since we started this. Actually when I somehow open the old baserom like v1.10 then see its fishmarket map, I really feel kind of nostalgic.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I need to either rewrite or scrap/redo my section of Shell Shine and that world 8 level needs a second half and polish. I might just make it a little longer and not have a second half or something. Mostly just a matter of having enough inspiration to do it. I guess my Bowser level is "done"? If people feel it should be left that way haha. My ideas for Real Final would be way over my head at the moment and wouldn't really be fun either. It would have been disco shell riding through right spiked action with layer two but thwomps that going through the layer. Yeah, that would have sucked!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

aterraformer wrote: I guess my Bowser level is "done"? If people feel it should be left that way haha.
The level was very cool so please could you extend it a bit?

But seriously no one can have enough number of choices for designing the fast cloud level. That's because autoscroll is really fast, but on the other hand the cloud is so slow that player cannot react anything. Besides you're not allowed to jump because cloud cannot follow the scroll speed then you cannot help but die (if the law of inersia holds, it's make more sense that the cloud must be following the screen and mario can land on it I don't know. I'm not good at real physics). As mario's movement is very limited, only few obstacles can be made.

The cloud physics is already artificially made with levelasm, and I'm responsible for making it more feasible. Maybe the level can be developed even more, if jump or something else is allowed.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I wonder if you could make a similar (possibly more flexible) fast cloud effect by storing a fast speed to mario when he's within the cloud (similar setup to my autoslide level).

How many multiperson levels are needed? I've already made four, but could probably manage one or two more if necessary.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

12~15 rooms would be enough for Bowsers castle. Regarding the real final, 10 or 12 rooms would be ok.

Can be changed depending on how hubs are designed.. More discussion on them might be needed too (randomness, handling different difficulty, etc).
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

What's wiith the Bowser fight? Would be cool to have a custom Bowser boss.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

There will be a custom bowser if everything goes well. Mellonpizza claimed the bowser battle.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

worldpeace125 wrote:There will be a custom bowser if everything goes well. Mellonpizza claimed the bowser battle.
I'm going to start with basic elements this week. Hopefully I can finish the boss sprite itself by the end of this week.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Gotta get finishing!
Mellonpizza's personal todo list for JUMP:
Total (Estimate): 60%?
- Real final segment BB [Finished!]
*- Refine ASM [Finished!]
- Real final segment BD [Finished!]
*- ASM + Sprite code [Finished!]
*- Tweaking [Finished!]
- Real final segment 1AA [Finished!]
*- ASM + Sprite code [Finished with help from worldpeace]
- Real final 1B1[~10% progress]
*- ASM + Sprite code [~12% progress]
- Update Mushroom Tripper [~50% progress]
- Bowser fight planning [~80% progress?]
- Bowser fight coding [~15% progress?]
Things to finish during testing
- Music port for Burnt Mountain Tango [Finished, but needs revision]
- Make improved port replacement of "Melty Monster Galaxy" [~8% progress]
- Bowser fight port(s) [Started]
- Boss destruction text [Started]
- Final roundup of polishing things
- Custom koopaling bosses; "koopavericks" [Stretch goal, seems it won't happen at this point]
Last edited by mellonpizza 8 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

(July 24, 2015)

1. We're waiting for these to be done!
- Level E claimed by Daizo
- One level claimed by EvilGuy0613
- One level claimed by anonymousbl00dlust
- Custom Bowser battle claimed by mellonpizza

2. Updation claims
- Mushroom Tripper claimed by mellonpizza (world 5)
- The Black Hole claimed by Daizo (world 9)

3. Not crucial, but notable stuffs
- There are only 4 dragon coins in "Shell Shrine".
- Empty Castle Destruction Text (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7): only #6 has text(wendy)
- Message box in the "Super Grand Ultra Marathon of Finalness" should be modified as the boss bass was changed.
- Missing messages: If I cannot get texts for these, I will just remove the message boxes.
-- (World 4) don't screw up, k, by Frozelar
-- (World 4) red switch(untitled) by cynderfyre
-- (World 6) Shell Shrine by aterraformer, lolyoshi
-- (World 8) Shell Sitter by cynderfyre
Last edited by worldpeace125 8 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Also, are we still going to handle certain levels that are still deemed too hard? Or are we waiting for the testing phase to handle that?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

mellonpizza wrote:Also, are we still going to handle certain levels that are still deemed too hard? Or are we waiting for the testing phase to handle that?
Authors can submit any changes whenever they want - before the testing phase or after getting some concrete feedbacks during that phase.
If you're saying about modifying levels made by some left users, I think it's fine to handle them before/during CBT. If OBT exists, I'd like to see them completely done before OBT.