(shouting)

The -OFFICIAL- What's Left to Be Done Thread

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
notgoodwithusernames

Re: The -OFFICIAL- What's Left to Be Done Thread

Post by notgoodwithusernames »

I be honest here, the reason why my level isn't finish yet is because I didn't like it a whole bunch, in fact I kind of hate it now. Don't get me wrong, the level is pretty creative at times but I feel I could do a whole lot better then this. I would of told you, but I figured you would of dropped the level considering that I didn't made any process with it for months now, and that telling you would of been redundant. However, it was me fault to assume such a thing, and I apologies for leaving the project without any sort of closure.

With that in mind, I feel rather guilty for ditching the level of mine and kinda actually want to help out this project one way or another. Also, I kinda want to start my level from scratch and create something that is creative and has a lot of open space for the player to move in. I was debating if it should be some sort of space forest or what not, but I'm not really sure.

Nevertheless, if you don't want to give me a second chance then that is totally understandable, I won't argue with it.
I don't sign on here a whole bunch, so here are some contacts if you need to get a hold of me:

SMWCentral: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=12089
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/notgoodwithusername5
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

@notgoodwithusernames:
I have been pretty flexible with this project, I don't intend on changing. I'm not really one to outright drop levels. In fact, I have a JUMP Beta with all unfinished or vastly different, original versions if levels that will be a separate rom included with JUMP so long as I actually finish putting it together by then. If you had not responded, it would have went there and if you don't mind that's where it will still go.

Of course you can have a second chance! I just released a new base rom so I look forward to seeing what you have in mind.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I'd like to get AddmusicK updated, because the instrument @10 and others in #amk=1 songs doesn't sometimes work properly, which results in bad percussion sound. I reported this bug to Kipernal and the latest version(Jan 25) got it fixed.

I formerly tweaked an old version of AddmusicK to fix some problems including these two:
- The p-switch music isn't reset after hitting another p-switch. Similarly, the starman music isn't reset after getting a new star.
- If you die when the p-switch is active, sometimes the p-switch animation will trigger off.
But they are still remaining unchanged in several versions of AMK which released recently(in this year). So you might have seem these bugs since the base rom 1.25 which updated AMK to one of the recent versions. I hope these will be fixed in some next versions. But if not, I'm going to re-tweak AMK.

I'd like the list of rooms for Bowser/Real Final, because we lost the post. I need to know which sublevel is for each room.

Also, subtract what was done from the list: switch palaces, some of coding
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

@worldpeace
I thought I had the newest, I guess there were 3 updates recently?

I forgot to include them when I updated AMK. It's too bad Kipernal didn't just include them in the newer versions.

I was supposed to make a post for the Bowser/Read Final the day I made the overword thread but never got around to it...

Thanks for reminding me, maybe one day I'll remember to on my own >_<

Edit: I updated AddmusicK and still experience sounds not popping up. I have no idea what the problem is.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

aterraformer wrote:I updated AddmusicK and still experience sounds not popping up. I have no idea what the problem is.
I'm not sure about your situation, but I guess it is that some sound effects don't play after exiting a level by start+select then entering the level or another from map. This bug was reported by multiple people so hopefully it will be fixed.
Xinn

Post by Xinn »

Coming back from the dead.

Firstly, I would like to issue an apology for staying silent for so long. I didn't pay much attention to this project after Talkhaus went down, because it took so long. Essentially, I lost all interest in it, but now, I'd like to make myself more useful.

Now, for what's going on with 10E: I'm quite sorry for taking so long with this, but the truth is, I never actually started working on. I have a few ideas in the back of my head, but that's about it. If it's okay with you, I'd still like to do this level. I know I haven't made myself out to be all that great of contributor to this collab, but I promise you this time I'll be far more active. With all that said, I'm not actually sure whether or not it's even in my possession anymore. It appears to be reserved for bowser, but I assume that's actually just a placeholder and nothing more. I just want a bit of clarification here so I don't just start working on a level that isn't mine no longer.

Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to redo my previous levels for this. They're quite poor, in my opinion, and don't showcase my level design skills that well at all. Expect them to be a lot better this time around.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

@Xinn
It's alright. If I have you down on the level list then you must have expressed some interest in doing a Bowser or Real Final segment. We don't have enough to begin with, and having too many is not an issue. Go ahead and do that if you have ideas for it.
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Ummm, is there's some progress? Sorry for the bumping, but we don't want to pause the progress or something like that.
MercuryPenny

Post by MercuryPenny »

*dust sweep dust dust* My, it's awful dead in here isn't it?

I've so far in my time on hacking forums seen no less than 2 different collaborations be abandoned. To be completely honest, I don't want that to happen to another.

Everyone who has an incomplete level, everyone who has worked on the project, EVERYONE here looking at this post, please consider joining or finishing your level/thing. Anyway, I'll take the last level left and send the head of this the .mwl when I'm done. I'll just need to be filled in on some details as to what my level needs to be like, what the theme is, what the difficulty should be like, and so on.

Cheers, and I hope this goes well!
A normal guy, if you can believe it.

Ads: Your ad, hight here, right now: $0 (click this! ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=96389)
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

There is not any levels left unless someone decides to actually inform me they are not going to do/finish their level!
MercuryPenny

Post by MercuryPenny »

aterraformer wrote:There is not any levels left unless someone decides to actually inform me they are not going to do/finish their level!
Then now I'm confused by what this is:
aterraformer wrote:-Levels that can be filled by someone who will do in a timely manner and keep communication-
A normal guy, if you can believe it.

Ads: Your ad, hight here, right now: $0 (click this! ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=96389)
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Level 138 was recently taken by Virus610. You could see the post in the claim thread. As I said in that thread, Level 0 can be a regular level if you need one more level slot.

But I prefer to see using other levels occupied by uncontactable people as these levels never seem to be filled. For example Level 113. ganache nh isn't a talkhaus member any more after the site's blackout, which makes me believe that this user is never going to complete a level (correct me if I'm wrong).
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Just because there's no reason to leave a work I always want to end this thing:

But seriously , I have a shitreason - how could be so slow right now? For users that they don't finish their level. I could take some room from Bowser, but I always fail at designing something. If they're going to do like that , then this collab will never be finished. There's also World 9 left to design , but still - we have no information. If someone's good at lunar magic , then why the hell did you not finish it?

That sucks , it's just not many left, and they want to leave this one? Oh great, now this is not going to end well.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

Is the reason this project isn't moving because there's still levels that need doing? Just checking.

Because I tried out the current beta and it seems to me like we've got plenty. Considering it bugged out for me when I tried to get to World 7 (I think) we're probably good on those.

Or if its because we need someone to test and provide feedback for the beta I can try to do that. But I can already say that the game is 2hrd4me. (Still fun though)
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Isrieri wrote:the reason this project isn't moving...2hrd4me
yep
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

basically all levels are 2hard and trying to get everyone to tone them heavily down is absolute butt.
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

What? I could beat it without no problem. If making this project a bit faster, could you take off the names that they don't submit it at all?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Since some levels have problems with their difficulty, how about grading the difficulty of all levels that we've made so far, and constructing a level list like VIP did. (since VIP series is our role model..) Anybody can do this just for fun. It might be as fun as filling Pokédex, and I am also going to try after finishing boss. Also it could be helpful to make the progress.

I wanted VIP4's level list as an example, but I couldn't find it now. So here's VIP6 example. (use google translate) I think the list make it seem interesting.
Level and difficulty list: http://yubirdvavk.s601.xrea.com/bugtrack.cgi
Accepting/Rejecting levels: http://yubirdvavk.s601.xrea.com/ipslist.cgi

If you don't mind evaluating the difficulty in detail, how about two~three categories of difficulty like: 1) Fair/good challenge 2) Challenge that needs trial and error 3) Challenge that just annoying
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Actually it's been 1 year for this project announcement. Yay! ^_^

Collab progress still isn't moving at the moment. It's almost done, seriously.
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

You are nowhere contributing anything with saying shit like "Hey guys! It's been one year! It's almost done! Do something!". It's slow because we're in a phase where we need to get people to tone down the difficulty of the their levels AND other things.

Enough of it.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Thanks yoshi, that was actually less harsh than what I deleted haha~

edit: I should probably mention that I like worldpeace's idea!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

@LitDude42: Yeah, as I've spent approximately 100~200 hours in total for this project I'm also really eager to see this project completed, so thanks for showing your interest in any way.[/sarcasm] About the progress, it isn't visible to you, but works are getting done steadily.
Also I want to say that 1 year is not that long to complete a project, considering how long other collabs take (see SMWCP2, VIP5~6). Like SMWCP2, we might need quality control, and possibly need bug fixed. I think at least another months will be taken to finish this hack.

@aterraformer: Thank you for liking the idea. I found a leveldex with difficulty in VIP's wiki, and it made the game more interesting when I played VIP 4. It might be just for me, but reading such info lists is fun.
Last edited by worldpeace125 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Finally found VIP level lists. They are from http://wikiwiki.jp/vipmariok/

VIP4
VIP5
Similarly, there are links for VIP1~3.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

I'm doing my best not to forget about my level completely, as I constantly get discouraged when something doesn't go exactly my way :( I've been working on my own game a lot ever since I got out of school, so I haven't just been twiddling my dick around for the last two weeks. I keep wanting to say that I can see it being done soon, but I'm too worried about having these last parts feel like they've just been tacked on (Which they do right now). I'm working on it right now.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I know the feeling, I experience a lot of sprite limit errors