(shouting)

The hell is going on? [The "are you still alive" thread]

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
KingYoshi89

The hell is going on? [The "are you still alive" thread]

Post by KingYoshi89 »

There has been a few claimed levels who we haven't heard a single update about, seriously what's going on? It's almost been half a year. It doesn't take that long to make a level. Sorry if you have a life and such but come on. [This is an exaggeration]

EDIT:
Here's a list of people who hasn't sent an update about the progress of their levels or inserted (from the list).

anonymousbl00dlust
Neobullseye
Xinn
z3( ͡° ω ͡°) [gave up?]
limepie20

If you would like to be removed from the list, post here to let us know you're still working on your level.
Last edited by KingYoshi89 10 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
aterraformer

Re: The hell is going on.

Post by aterraformer »

update your avatar
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: The hell is going on? [The "are you still alive" thread]

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Good thing I submitted a level today or I'd probably be on the list.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by QuietProtag »

You know with school and stuff, I think I will leave my level slot to someone else.

Because I don't think I will finish it.

Do we still have the list of levels, because I don't remember the level I got.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If It helps you guys PlatinumTriforce promptly disappeared after submitting a level to A2MBXT, while LukaRamu hasn't been seen in the A2MBXT forum since June or so. I'd assume they're gone.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just noting this since I stumbled onto this thread: they were both posting after the downtime.
Redbone

Post by Redbone »

Oh, oopsie. I'm not too far from finishing my level, I'll hopefully have it done by next week. This is why I shouldn't partake in collabs. :?
exists on occasion
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

I AM still alive (as anomaly pointed out), but I totally forgot about this... :\ I'll gladly offer my slots to anyone who wants to take them.
Neidave

Post by Neidave »

Oh well I thought I was not on the list, but now that I know I am, I will make that level! (Or otherwise tell you that I can't find the time)
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Okay, so as far as I know, there's really only a few things really left to do for the hack:
  • - Overworld: Ravegg seems to have disappeared. Unless he reappears by some miracle, it would be really great if someone else stepped up to design the overworlds.
    - Multiple Midpoints Patch: Last I checked, we're all still undecided on this. So there are really two options, right? Either just put multiple midpoints in the final few really really hard levels (less work), or put them in all the really difficult levels throughout the hack (more work but probably better results). Hmm???
    - Levels: All the levels are now claimed again, correct? So we just gotta wait for people to design their levels.
EDIT (thanks kingyoshi):
  • - Final Boss: So, I guess worldpeace has maybe shown interest in making the final boss? Or something?
Can anyone think of anything I'm missing here?
The hack is so close to seeing the light of day!
Last edited by Frozelar 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KingYoshi89

Post by KingYoshi89 »

Frozelar wrote:Okay, so as far as I know, there's really only a few things really left to do for the hack:
  • - Overworld: Ravegg seems to have disappeared. Unless he reappears by some miracle, it would be really great if someone else stepped up to design the overworlds.
    - Multiple Midpoints Patch: Last I checked, we're all still undecided on this. So there are really two options, right? Either just put multiple midpoints in the final few really really hard levels (less work), or put them in all the really difficult levels throughout the hack (more work but probably better results). Hmm???
    - Levels: All the levels are now claimed again, correct? So we just gotta wait for people to design their levels.
Can anyone think of anything I'm missing here?
The hack is so close to seeing the light of day!
The final boss.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

KingYoshi89 wrote:The final boss.
Hah, wow, can't believe I forgot that one. Thanks!
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

I should've posted as soon as this forum was back instead of just being lazy. Oops. :?

Anyways the overworld still needs a whole lot of stuff done, and I'll still be able to help and sort things out with that.

-I'll start events as soon as we know for sure that no more levels are gonna be added. I don't want to make paths until I know the final level layout, cause I may have to make some adjustments to fit everything in, considering how cramped it is in some worlds.
-There is no exit really open for the Red Switch, and I don't know where to put it.
-Bowser's Castle needs to be finished, but I can't find any resources with anything, nor can I draw anything. If anyone wants to make something, feel free.
-World 8 needs to make that bridge appear (not entirely sure how), and we have one more star gate than necessary. One more World 8 level solves that issue, or we could delete one.
-World 9 is still a weird thing. I'd still like to see every level's concept/look so I could make something unique, but if someone has a super cool idea, then they can go for it.

I have two weeks pretty much of downtime after this final week, so I'll get as much as I can done after this!
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Awesome, really glad you're back, ravegg!
ravegg wrote:Bowser's Castle needs to be finished, but I can't find any resources with anything, nor can I draw anything. If anyone wants to make something, feel free.
Do you mean you want a custom Bowser's Castle icon thingy to put on the overworld? If so, I could take a shot at designing something, but no guarantees it would look decent enough to be useful. If I can't make something decent then I'll look around and see if I can't find something on the internet.com.net.
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

I'm sorry that I disappeared from this without warning; real life grabbed me by the collar and I kinda lost sight of things on the Internet for the past few months. I also apologize for not updating anything onto this subforum (except there wasn't really much for me to say, because I didn't get a level finished). I found that I can't work well with LM, and after the Talkhaus went down, I gave up. Anyway, I don't wanna hold back the people who are putting a whole lot of work into this, so just give my slot to somebody else/remove it entirely.

Good luck on JUMP, everyone.

(Also: Don't expect to see me on any future collabs, because as of this one, I've tried to participate in 3 and have not actually completed levels. I will try MAGLX though, maybe it'll change my mind.)
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Came back to working on this after a long hiatus. Here's proof or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phmWhW-__gQ
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Looks good so long as the screen transition is a checkpoint and it resets like it does on your A2MT level
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
anonymousbl00dlust

aterraformer wrote:Looks good so long as the screen transition is a checkpoint and it resets like it does on your A2MT level
If I'm allowed to do that then of course I will.

Also, those obstacles were meant to test out the concepts (yoshi juggling and chucks on tile 1F0). The level isn't necessarily going to be that hard.
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote:
aterraformer wrote:Looks good so long as the screen transition is a checkpoint and it resets like it does on your A2MT level
If I'm allowed to do that then of course I will.

Also, those obstacles were meant to test out the concepts (yoshi juggling and chucks on tile 1F0). The level isn't necessarily going to be that hard.
The reset thing is already inserted in the latest baserom for the world 8 levels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with aterraformer, the concept looks pretty interesting but also way too hard. I think the level would either need a lot of checkpoints or you need to tune down the difficulty. Looks good so far though
this is getting laundromatic
anonymousbl00dlust

Blocking out some more obstacles for my level. Obviously I still need to get rid of slowdown and make things clearer graphically, but it's a nice proof of concept.

There are a couple of obvious breaks in the first section where the player can just fall infinitely to skip the jumps. If anyone can think of a way to prevent that I would appreciate it.

yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rpDOkDgU_k
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Hey, did you check the message I sent on youtube? I said every level was expected to be completed around June. But there are still few big and small tasks remaining now, so maybe you have a little extra time to finish your level. We are almost ready to wrap up the project, and I would be glad if you speed up your progress!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:Obviously I still need to get rid of slowdown and make things clearer graphically, but it's a nice proof of concept.
I guess the dotted tiles are 1F0, am I right? Just a few sprites interacting with 1F0 tiles in a layer 2 level, are enough to make the game slow. One solution for your section would be temporarily disabling the layer 2 interaction on the first few screens.

About the 1F0 tiles(if I'm correct), note that some levels already indicate 1F0's existence graphically by yellow-bordered nets. Notable levels: Scaffolding Scuffle, Salty Roasted Peanuts, and sublevel 1AA in Bowser's castle.
Not sure if it fits the tiles in your level since sprites there move horizontally on them, whereas the nets in the other levels just seem to catch sprites like a fishnet. Maybe this tip wouldn't be much helpful.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:There are a couple of obvious breaks in the first section where the player can just fall infinitely to skip the jumps. If anyone can think of a way to prevent that I would appreciate it.
I haven't parsed the situation in detail. If you want to prevent from falling infinitely, how about creating a snake from that one of black blocks? Just throwing a naive thought.
anonymousbl00dlust

worldpeace125 wrote:Hey, did you check the message I sent on youtube? I said every level was expected to be completed around June. But there are still few big and small tasks remaining now, so maybe you have a little extra time to finish your level. We are almost ready to wrap up the project, and I would be glad if you speed up your progress!
I just sent you a PM about that, sorry.
worldpeace125 wrote:I guess the dotted tiles are 1F0, am I right? Just a few sprites interacting with 1F0 tiles in a layer 2 level, are enough to make the game slow. One solution for your section would be temporarily disabling the layer 2 interaction on the first few screens.
Yeah, it's 1F0. I didn't know it slowed down the game so significantly. Perhaps I can use a modified thwomp sprite and "fake" use of 1F0 instead. I don't know how many custom sprites slots are still open though, so that may not be an option.
worldpeace125 wrote:About the 1F0 tiles(if I'm correct), note that some levels already indicate 1F0's existence graphically by yellow-bordered nets. Notable levels: Scaffolding Scuffle, Salty Roasted Peanuts, and sublevel 1AA in Bowser's castle.
Not sure if it fits the tiles in your level since sprites there move horizontally on them, whereas the nets in the other levels just seem to catch sprites like a fishnet. Maybe this tip wouldn't be much helpful.
If you think it is a good idea to use the same graphics, I'll do it. Right now I am trying to only add tiles that affect gameplay. When the level feels good to play I will go back and change map16, etc.
worldpeace125 wrote: I haven't parsed the situation in detail. If you want to prevent from falling infinitely, how about creating a snake from that one of black blocks? Just throwing a naive thought.
That was my first thought as well, but I am already very close to slowdown in that area, and it is visually very dense. There is also the issue of how to move the snake quickly enough to keep up with the sumo (so that both holes are covered at the correct time). This could be easily managed with ASM, but again I don't know how many open sprite slots are left, and this solution seems a bit wasteful if others need them.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Kind of excited to see that the release is imminent!

I have a question, who is this Evilguy I see mentioned here a few times? Apparently there are two different persons named Evilguy and yet I can't find either. Got erased in Talkhaustrophe?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

EvilGuy is a hack creator who is known for Super Mute World, The After Years, and Mighty Luigi Force. As far as I know, aterraformer invited him to make a level, which was cancelled due to his personal reasons unfortunately. I'm not sure about things before talkhaustrophe.