(shouting)

Does anyone know what's causing this?

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
aterraformer

Does anyone know what's causing this?

Post by aterraformer »

So I was trying to insert Horse Eating Disorder by luigiman09 into the base ROM for hopeful new version soon. Well I got this and I'm not sure what the problem is. I just inserted another level and it went in fine. I also attached the version I tried to insert. Thanks.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Re: Does anyone know what's causing this?

Post by yogui »

Because he used the old GFX Bypass. Why would you use this and not simply use the Super GFX Bypass? Why??? Seriously what the WTF? Nobody use that. There's a reason why the buttons were removed on the new version of lunar magic. It's still in the Level tab but srsly it's almost useless now. Especially for your level that only use one sublevel.
So explication is when you use old GFX Bypass on a hack it doesn't get moved with the level file.
Anyway to fix this mess click on Image and enable it. It will still look like poop so change FG1 to 14, FG2 to 17, BG1 to 0C and FG3 to 15.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

yogui wrote:Because he used the old GFX Bypass. Why would you use this and not simply use the Super GFX Bypass? Why??? Seriously what the WTF? Nobody use that. There's a reason why the buttons were removed on the new version of lunar magic. It's still in the Level tab but srsly it's almost useless now. Especially for your level that only use one sublevel.
So explication is when you use old GFX Bypass on a hack it doesn't get moved with the level file.
Anyway to fix this mess click on Image and enable it. It will still look like poop so change FG1 to 14, FG2 to 17, BG1 to 0C and FG3 to 15.
Try to be a bit more respectful. That sort of mistake is easy to make when you don't have that much experience.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

That was a joke. It's just that I never use the old GFX Bypass function and don't see why it was used here. Sorry if I sounded rude. I'm not angry against you luigiman09. :3
Actually the old GFX Bypass it can somewhat be useful if you make a romhack that use a lot of levels with the same FG/BG configuration so it's faster to chose your configuration on the list than tipping it on the Super GFX Bypass every time, but for a collab you shouldn't do it since it didn't get shared with your level file.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by QuietProtag »

yogui wrote:That was a joke. It's just that I never used the old GFX Bypass function and don't see why it was used here. Sorry if I sounded rude. I'm not angry against you luigiman09. :3
Nah, that's alright. I didn't know this old GFX Bypass thing before, so learning I guess. :)