(shouting)

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by worldpeace125 »

Maybe the jumping piranha plant would work for it. If needed, more point of advice things could be distributed in other world 1 levels. Things that may not be known by beginners
- pressing L+R to enter a destroyed castle (near the last dragon coin in "Springity Sproing")
- yoshi jump (the level where you encounter the yoshi would be "Salty Roasted Peanuts")
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP alpha v0.02
The QA thread mostly replaces the changelog, so I'm not bothering to create it this time.

Lately anonymousbl00dlust's level was completely inserted, so I release the next alpha version. The new level is in the extra zone of the star world. It would be nice if you try it and perhaps give some feedback.
After getting EvilGuy's level, the hack will be complete functionally so it could be called a beta version. We're really almost done.

The password is exactly same as the last one. Have fun!
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Any idea what happened to dead reznor? (Sorry if my terrible asm has spontaneously decided to do this)
JUMP_00002.png
EDIT: Let's not attempt to understand why, let's just blank out Iggy's head with exanimation:
35.zip
I noticed some fun graphical glitches when Yoshi is dying in lava in Iggydrasil:
JUMPalpha0.02.zip
I played the new level "1F8". I made it to the Yoshi room, but since nothing I tried there seemed to work, I have given up for the moment. The level is OK up to then but maybe requires too much precision (around hurt blocks) and suffers from a lack of indication (eg that you're supposed to race ahead of the thwomp and not let him go first or in that you have to memorise where you have to aim for in the exploding block room).
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

morsel/morceau wrote:Any idea what happened to dead reznor? (Sorry if my terrible asm has spontaneously decided to do this)
JUMP_00002.png
EDIT: Let's not attempt to understand why, let's just blank out Iggy's head with exanimation:
35.zip
I'd fix that glitch which may make unexpected trouble at another time. Thankfully I've kept bunch of backup roms saved after every certain amount of modification, and it wasn't hard for me to infer which modification affected this glitch. It just turns out that it began to happen after insertion of 1F8. The smoke effect was changed into Iggy's head for some reason.
morsel/morceau wrote:I noticed some fun graphical glitches when Yoshi is dying in lava in Iggydrasil:
JUMPalpha0.02.zip
I've seen NMSTL caused tile-missing glitch whenever yoshi falls into lava in this hack(not sure in general), but that's kinda unusual and funny. For some levels having lava, I changed sprite memory index from 10 to 0. But I don't think that solution will be helpful in this level because of gas bubbles. Maybe I'll make a hack to fix that problem.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

worldpeace125 wrote:The smoke effect was changed into Iggy's head for some reason.
Spritetool affected reznor's properties when it inserted custom sprite into slot A9. Seems like spritetool isn't really safe? Though the property can be recovered when you remove the custom sprite A9 (reinsert all sprites except A9). Solutions may be either to move A9 to another slot, or to insert "LDA $1656,x : ORA #$80 : STA $1656,x". I need to see if other reznor levels are fine first.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

This was entirely my fault. I used the reznor disassembly to get the effect and needlessly copied over some code relating to custom sprites (which never emerged as an issue until a custom sprite occupied the relevant slot).

The "reznor" routine in level_code.asm should be replaced by:

Code: Select all

reznor:
	LDA #$0F				;\ set platform bouncing timer
	STA $1564,x			;/
	LDA #$03				;\ play sound effect
	STA $1DF9				;/
	STZ $1558,x			; clear firing timer
	INC $151C,x			; mark Reznor as dead

.Return		
	RTS
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I'm almost done with the QA thing. When QA is all done and everything is wrapped up, you'll be given the final product which is still not public. I will send you all a PM to notify this. With the ROM and the QA thread, you will want to check what was modified in your level. If you don't agree some of modification or have better ideas, please let me know. One week will be given for this validation process(sorry for being hurry). The overall functionality will also be tested during this period. After all of that, the game will be officially released!

Because of my personal reasons, I aggressively rushed on QA process, with a pace of at most 20 levels in a day. To simplify the procedure of level tweaking, the step of contacting authors and getting confirmations was omitted. I guess having a validation period is enough instead of it.

If someone wants to organize a trailer or extra ROM, that would be nice. They are not my priorities(hopefully, the next week will be much more comfortable to me). An expected schedule is here.
schedule.png
schedule.png (28.11 KiB) Viewed 6546 times
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

ahh, I feel so bad with my work ethics on this project. I'm sorry for not finishing what I had promised. I really wanted to get things like Bowser done and such, but, well, I don't have an excuse ultimately. I would want to say I'm hindered by some conditions I have which make it hard to focus.

In fairness it was extremely pretentious to attempt such a thing with my lack of experience for a group effort that demanded something of quality. I think at the least I did learn a lot from what I did, not just with programming but with promising and management.

Well I hope the final project is enjoyable regardless. It really does need to be released now.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

The QA process was somewhat rushed and rough, but it's finished anyways.

Unfortunately, EvilGuy's new level and mellonpizza's custom boss were dropped. For the empty place of EvilGuy's level, thankfully lolyoshi provided his spare level originally made for another hack.

Tweaking Shell Shrine as promised wasn't able to be accomplished due to an unexpected event. I took on the task on behalf of the author several hours ago. As soon as I finish it, I will release the final product. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

Ahh it's too bad that evilguy's level and bowser weren't ready on time. Oh well, the hack is pretty amazing regardless and it's probably time to draw a bottom line to it all (:

So, what will be done with the bowser fight? Just the vanilla one I'm assuming? We also haven't used Iggy in the hack, so maybe that could work as some kind of joke? Like "Haha, this castle wasn't bowser's castle after all... Meet your darkest nightmare!" and then have an anticlimax? Or something. Just throwing the idea around, because we all know the bowser fight and it's fairly long and tedious, so maybe it would be better to have a super easy boss that can at least be beaten in 2sec - especially since we actually have a real, worthy final boss in the postgame...

Also, I really want to say that I appreciate all the hard work you have done for the project. It really wouldn't have happened without you, and the talkhaus is lucky to have you. Thanks for everything!
this is getting laundromatic
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

I believe they had a replacement which was a super chargin chuck sumo of sorts. it's an existing boss sprite
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Ryrir wrote:Also, I really want to say that I appreciate all the hard work you have done for the project. It really wouldn't have happened without you, and the talkhaus is lucky to have you. Thanks for everything!
I feel honored to hear that. I should be appreciate participants who did awesome jobs on designing their levels too. I was glad to have an opportunity to work with them in this project.
mellonpizza wrote:I believe they had a replacement which was a super chargin chuck sumo of sorts. it's an existing boss sprite
Though the resource was released on somewhere C3 thread, I think we shouldn't use it. Because it's an original boss from a hack which is currently being made by the author. Now I'm just thinking of using the vanilla Bowser.
To Ryrir: FYI, Lemmy and Larry are the unused koopalings. Considering Larry's platform seems also affected by Daizo's modification for his Iggy battle, only Lemmy (and Reznor) could be possible choices.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I will try to make a hard version of bowser with some levelasm (I've sort of thought about this anyway, outside of this project). This may be rubbish, so don't rely on it.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

morsel/morceau wrote:I will try to make a hard version of bowser with some levelasm (I've sort of thought about this anyway, outside of this project). This may be rubbish, so don't rely on it.
It's worth trying to replace the vanilla final battle, I appreciate it. You will have some time before I receive the next version of 1F8 and record a movie of it.
To others, sorry for the delay again.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Since most Talkhaus collaboration are usually played when they come out, day 1 (at least in the case of A2XT), what will raocow do? Will he ice MaGL X2 or Escape Goat (or whatever B-Side is after it) or will he do something else?
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

The hack is not part of the ASMT-verse, so from my understanding the plan is to just release it to the public regardless of raocows "let's play status".
He'll play it whenever he wants to play it, I guess
this is getting laundromatic
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Here is my harder version of bowser. It works with level 1C7 as is.
bowser.zip
I don't think it's super brilliant, but it's servicable. If you want to use it, you can make any alterations or additions you want.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

morsel/morceau wrote:Here is my harder version of bowser. It works with level 1C7 as is.
bowser.zip
I don't think it's super brilliant, but it's servicable. If you want to use it, you can make any alterations or additions you want.
Amazing job on this. I can't think of any better idea within the restriction of that room 1C7.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Ryrir wrote:The hack is not part of the ASMT-verse, so from my understanding the plan is to just release it to the public regardless of raocows "let's play status".
He'll play it whenever he wants to play it, I guess
Correct. No pressure. If raocow wants to play it, great. If not, hopefully others will play/lp it. I hope they let us know too!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I'm pretty sure I heard that he's said that he's really looking forward to it. Regardless, the lack of it being in the "main series" of Talkhaus output does indeed ensure that it can just be released whenever. (SDS was the same way.)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Alright, here's finally the prerelease version of JUMP. Thanks for waiting.

LINK
changelog: see viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16111

It's also protected by the password just in case authors want to make some modifications before the hack becomes public(resources are included in the file for this purpose). The password is same as the previous one. Also note that save files from older versions might have some (minor) compatibility problems mostly related to the shop blocks. I will make a 100% completed sram when there are requests.

If it turns out that there's no trouble in this, it will be the final product directly.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

In case you haven't noticed, JUMP is released on the cartridge forum.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16151

This thread and the QA thread will be used for the future updates and maintenance. Feel free to say anything you want to fix, so it can be reflected in the next version.

GJ to you all.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

No major problems here.

I noticed in the key area of level 58, you can kick (or drop) the key through the slope - since there is no time limit you would have to reset then, so some method of killing yourself should be added to the room.

Playing on 2p in zsnes, the music fades and doesn't return when switching between players on same map (maybe this was necessary with the issue there was). Maybe a text file noting emulator idiosyncrasies (see the incompatibility issue in the other thread) could be included with the ips.

The marionette chuck can clone blocks. I don't see how it's possible to get stuck because of this, though (it can lead to unexpected failures in the second half, but the reset blocks are there). Probably not worth bothering about.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Oh I forgot that the same music doesn't reset after fading. It will be fixed in the next version.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Is this a familiar glitch? (ver 1.00)
Strange.zip
It also happens when you hit one of them with your head. The flying question block has strange powers.
dont wanna jihad no more