(shouting)

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by worldpeace125 »

Alright, I found out the bug. Thanks a lot!
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

worldpeace125 wrote:Alright, I found out the bug. Thanks a lot!
Cool! I'm glad that this problem is resolved.

I have another question though: If you choose the path that crosses Isrieri's level (the one on world 1 with the season change), do you have to play the rest of the hack with the changed graphics? The reason I'm asking is because I don't really like them (personal taste) and I wouldn't really want to play with them enabled unless I got no other choice. As far as I know the season change is irreversable though, right?
Otherwise, the option to change season would be a pretty cool thing to buy in the world 4 yoshi house (if the concept with the "dragon coin-purchases" still stands...)
this is getting laundromatic
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Ryrir wrote:

I have another question though: If you choose the path that crosses Isrieri's level (the one on world 1 with the season change), do you have to play the rest of the hack with the changed graphics? The reason I'm asking is because I don't really like them (personal taste) and I wouldn't really want to play with them enabled unless I got no other choice. As far as I know the season change is irreversable though, right?
Otherwise, the option to change season would be a pretty cool thing to buy in the world 4 yoshi house (if the concept with the "dragon coin-purchases" still stands...)
Only world 1(submap+levels) will be affected by the season change, mainly because some levels can be significantly broken by the changed shell colors. There will be no change for the outside of world 1, except the miniature world 1 in the main overworld.
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

worldpeace125 wrote:
Ryrir wrote:

Only world 1(submap+levels) will be affected by the season change, mainly because some levels can be significantly broken by the changed shell colors. There will be no change for the outside of world 1, except the miniature world 1 in the main overworld.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP v1.41

Changelog

A quick update due to game crash caused by sumo brother flame. Also some new levels and updated levels are included too. See the changelog.

The new level can be beaten only in autumn(i.e. special world passed features).

The images below describe how to activate it.
This level is supposed to unlock world 9 and change the season.
This level is supposed to unlock world 9 and change the season.
JUMP_00000.png (9.54 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
The level is incomplete yet. I temporarily put the goal spheres. By the way, the level is being made by mellonpizza.
The level is incomplete yet. I temporarily put the goal spheres. By the way, the level is being made by mellonpizza.
JUMP_00001.png (3.96 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
and here's the result
and here's the result
JUMP_00002.png (9.18 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Recently I implemented author name on the overworld border.
JUMP_00000.png
JUMP_00000.png (8.76 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Two polls:
scale of anonymity
way to show authors

Also any feedback about the appearance of this is welcome (the position of author name field, etc)
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

Looks pretty cool!
Though I don't really know if I would have it enabled initially. Personally, I liked the way ASMT did it with the txt-file: Players who wanted to know who did which level could look it up, and those who didn't care could easily ignore it. If you put the names on the map like that, maybe it would be too prominent? I can understand why you would do it in a contest like VLDC, but the point of a collab is doing something as a team, so who exactly did what isn't that important anymore...? I don't know.

I would love to see it as some sort of bonus content, but enabling it after the player has gotten 100% seems pretty useless. I guess using the yoshi-houses to make it some sort of an unlockable feature wouldn't be an option?
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I'm glad that more people are in favor of displaying the names so far. This is something that I have wanted from the beginning!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Ryrir wrote:Personally, I liked the way ASMT did it with the txt-file: Players who wanted to know who did which level could look it up, and those who didn't care could easily ignore it. If you put the names on the map like that, maybe it would be too prominent?
I agree on this, and to be honest, I'm the other one who voted for the second option(reveal those names later) in the first poll. The reason is that it's so visually prominent that it can somehow reduce the explorative moods that one should feel during the progress of the game. So I'd like it to be shown at the point when your exploration is almost done(it doesn't need to be 100%). Other than that, I'm okay with showing it from the beginning.

I'm liking to make it "optional" to show the author field, but I don't like to provide a txt file becuase it's too old-fashioned.
Other ways: Pressing Start turns the field on/off, or opens another black prompt(like the save prompt) showing who made the level mario is currently standing on.

I will upload the rom sooner or later to let you experience the implemented feature.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

I like the idea of pressing start to have a box saying whose level this is
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Jolpengammler wrote:I like the idea of pressing start to have a box saying whose level this is
I like the idea as well. Maybe also have the option to go to the title screen as well.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I think I also like the box idea more, so implemented that option:
JUMP_00001.png
JUMP_00001.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
"Level Info" field is under construction. It will contain info about dragon coins, no yoshi intro, retry prompt, and existence of the level's movie.
The dialogue pops up when you press start on a level. It functionally replaces a txt file and you don't need alt+tab to alternate your emulator/notepad window. So this might be satisfying everyone?
The previous option showing authors on the border looks aesthetically bad especially when the username is like 20 character long. I admit it fits a contest compilation better and it's kinda inappropriate for the explorative overworld.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

worldpeace125 wrote:I think I also like the box idea more, so implemented that option:
JUMP_00001.png
"Level Info" field is under construction. It will contain info about dragon coins, no yoshi intro, retry prompt, and existence of the level's movie.
The dialogue pops up when you press start on a level. It functionally replaces a txt file and you don't need alt+tab to alternate your emulator/notepad window. So this might be satisfying everyone?
The previous option showing authors on the border looks aesthetically bad especially when the username is like 20 character long. I admit it fits a contest compilation better and it's kinda inappropriate for the explorative overworld.
I really like this idea ^_^
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

worldpeace so good at codes and stuff
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Let me survey trend of opinions when to finish the hack concerning this upcoming C3, since C3 is a nice event to join. (we participated the event in 2013)

http://strawpoll.me/4511812

Some of us has done a great contribution in these recent days, and still some of us are still struggling with hard works on this. I cannot guarantee the first option will be always possible, but we'll try. The C3 will open in the middle of June, and it was one of reasons why I requested you to finish levels around June begins.

I will make schedule depending on whatever you wish. Again I cannot allow it to take me forever. In the case of quick completion, all unfinished levels should be finished SOON and it should be confirmed that there will be no level updates. After that overworld stuffs and recording replays can be done.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP v1.42

Changelog

Here are some supplementary images.
JUMP_00000.png
JUMP_00000.png (7.21 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00001.png
JUMP_00001.png (8.62 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00003.png
JUMP_00003.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00002.png
JUMP_00002.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00005.png
JUMP_00005.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00004.png
JUMP_00004.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00007.png
JUMP_00007.png (10.16 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
JUMP_00006.png
JUMP_00006.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP v1.42a

A quick update because of the weird interaction between line-guided sprites and obtained DC tiles. When it comes to line-guided sprites, custom tiles cannot act like any blocks in page 0 due to the nature of smw. It was not an exception for the obtained DC tiles which should act as 25(empty tiles).

Changes:
- Fixed the incompatibility described above
- Inserted the updated version of sublevel AE
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

One thig I wanted to ask: Will you ask raocow to LP this game? Because it might end up being a mario hack he's interested at.

But since he's always doing a Mario game and a Non-Mario game this might take a while for him to LP since he needs to start and finish the enourmous MAGLX 2 first.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Slit08 wrote:One thig I wanted to ask: Will you ask raocow to LP this game? Because it might end up being a mario hack he's interested at.

But since he's always doing a Mario game and a Non-Mario game this might take a while for him to LP since he needs to start and finish the enourmous MAGLX 2 first.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone who worked on this hack (including myself) looks forward to seeing raocow play it. But it will really depend on raocow as aterraformer said somewhere.
I think it's fine to watch him LP this game at some point after MAGLX2 is done.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

True. When do you think will the game release anyway? Is there a rough estimation for a release date yet?

The hunt begins!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

raocow said in a patreon vid that he's really looking forward to this hack, so I don't think we need to convince him.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Thanks for the info. :) I'm not a patron (yet), so I didn't know. But that's cool to hear.

The hunt begins!
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Slit08 wrote:True. When do you think will the game release anyway? Is there a rough estimation for a release date yet?
I roughly guess the release date will be someday in July. I expect a month for having all levels finished, and other 2~4 weeks for testing.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

I'm thinking of moving "Cryophobia Cavern"(ice cave level) from world 3 to world 8, because its difficulty or length doesn't fit world 3. It's just a thought right now but if it happens, there will be one empty space left by the level.
Regardless of whether the plan really happens or not, there are relatively small number of ice/snow themed levels in world 3.

So I'd like to call for an ice level. One requirement is finishing it before June ends. And the other is avoiding difficulty that is too easy or too hard.
Thank you for your interest.
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

I'm kind of new on this forum and I'm a bit confused. I'm interested in helping (and I think I can be a quick designer), but if I'm to claim this ice level, how would I go about it? Should I post in some thread that I want it or make a thread somewhere? And should I grab the latest base ROM and design it in a specific level slot or should I just make it in a separate ROM so it would be assembled later? Sorry for the dumb questions .-.