So here's how we should probably go about this:
- If you want to make a costume, just start working on it and post the base sprite(s) and any further progress in this thread, then we'll move it to the WIP/finished list. All proposed ideas are up for grabs, so if you want to be the one to make something that's not in the ideas list, just start making it and posting about it.
- If you've started a costume and won't be able to finish it, post what you have. If someone has given up on a costume or hasn't posted a progress update in a while (two or three weeks, maybe?) another person can take over for them and finish it.
- We can't guarantee that every costume that gets made will be included in Ep. 2, but the more we have, the more options we have.
All 5 chars:
- Gameboy krew (chaoxys)
- Paper krew (chaoxys)
- Pily (Willhart)
- Mario Cosplay Demo (chaoxys)
- A the Safety Demo (Hoeloe)
- Bobblehat Demo (Hoeloe)
- 1px Demo (rockythechao)
- Nevada (?)
- Luigi Cosplay Iris (chaoxys)
- Cat Planet Cat (chaoxys)
- Peach Cosplay Kood (chaoxys)
- Doctor Kood (HenryRichard)
- Toad Cosplay Raocow (chaoxys)
- Megacow (chaoxys)
- Robocow (chaoxys)
- Classicow (rao's original sprites)
- Link Cosplay Sheath (chaoxys)
- Broadsword (WasabiJellyfish, rockythechao, arabsalmon)
- SHETH (HenryRichard)
All 5 chars:
- Basic palette swaps
- Metal -- Gold Demo, Silver Iris, Pink Gold Kood, ____ Raocow, ___ Sheath
- Chronotons pretending to be the characters
- Touhou cosplay -- Reimu Demo, Marisa Iris, Cirno Kood, Nitori Raocow, Youmu or Yukari Sheath
- Zombie Demo
- What the Hell/ASMT Demo
- Pirate Iris
- What the Hell/ASMT Iris
- Undertale characters
- Schoolgirl Kood
- Magical Girl Kood
- Robin Kood
- Chicken Kood
- Crash Bandicoot
- Parrot Boom Boom
- Jumbo Rezcow
- Ninja Sheath
- Solid Sheath
- Soldexus Jon Arbuckle
- Brake (from A.T.X.S.)
(Note that as of lunalua 0.7.3, player graphics can be replaced at runtime and thus playerGfx.lua is no longer necessary for the costume system. The library can still be downloaded from the wiki page.)
Rockythechao wrote:I just finished the bulk of the work on a lua library for changing player graphics on the fly, gonna record a video of it later tonight. So unlockable/buyable costumes can indeed be a thing.
That said, if we're going to sell costumes at raocoin shops... if we have a minimum of one costume per character per world, that's 9 * 5 = 45 sets of graphics. Granted, we already have some of different characters like Nevada, Uncle Broadsword, etc. and they don't all have to be wildly different; some can be just simple edits.
Wings of Vi-style accessories that all 5 characters can wear have been proposed as an easier alternative, and while they would be much easier to make we'd need more work on the lua side to code that functionality.
Either way, these aren't going to have any effect on gameplay or the story, just optional visual customization for the player. We're not going to think about characters/accessories with different physics/mechanics/dialogue until Episode 3, if at all.
So yeah, discuss your preferences and ideas here, let us know if you'd be willing to contribute graphics, etc.