Re: Episode 2 Worlds Discussion

Post by SAJewers »

go wild.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

That's a very good idea there ztarwuff. Maybe you can wait and see which level is placed before yours and after yours and start and end the level in these areas. ;) That'S an amazing idea there especially since the level itself is very well designed. :)
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

That's a very good idea there ztarwuff. Maybe you can wait and see which level is placed before yours and after yours and start and end the level in these areas. ;) That'S an amazing idea there especially since the level itself is very well designed. :)

The hunt begins!
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Slit08 wrote:That's a very good idea there ztarwuff. Maybe you can wait and see which level is placed before yours and after yours and start and end the level in these areas. ;) That'S an amazing idea there especially since the level itself is very well designed. :)
Well, we'll have to wait, because I must insist my level ends the way it currently does i.e. in the sea, because that's where sewage goes. If the level that follows it doesn't start in the sea, the best I can do is have the outline of the next level in the distant background.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Ha yeah, that's right. The final screen is story related after all and it fits the theme of water world anyways.

The hunt begins!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I'm guessing pholtos is releasing his claim to a water level in World 3-1, so that's open if someone wants to make one.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I can go ahead and make a water level of some sort
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

SAJewers wrote:I'm guessing pholtos is releasing his claim to a water level in World 3-1, so that's open if someone wants to make one.
Sturg wrote:I can go ahead and make a water level of some sort
World 3-1 is temples in the desert though... Unless you guys meant oasis levels.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

isn't 3-1 the desert world, not the ocean world?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah world 5 is water town.

I could understand 'a world 3 difficulty water stage' but in that case you can do pretty much anything.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

SAJewers wrote:World 9(9/9 - filled):
Hakugyokurou
Muwha
Fire Production Land
Super Cyclops Girl
Descent of Nine
Frenzy Citadel
Claustrophobia
Break the Needle cyclops
Skullduggery (Assuming here that duvi0 keeps to his word and helps fix the level up)
I may be misunderstanding this but does this mean my level made it in? >.>;
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'm assuming it makes it in. I'll be official once you fix/change 1 thing.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

We should probably figure out what levels we'll have at the start of each world, so the cutscene guys can insert the cutscenes into the appropriate levels. Thinking of the following:

World 1: Either Tutorial Area Region Place Zone or Welcoming Season (Depends on if TARPZ is in World 1 or a separate thing before the game starts)
World 2: Towards The New World
World 3: No idea, since there's still a level spot open, and 2 claimed spots that haven't been submitted yet as a WIP.
World 4: Either Bat en Eye or Mangrove Cavern (leaning towards the latter)
World 5: rocks sticking out of a lake
World 6: The "Fall" of Demo
World 7: Either Ann Brown or Mephisto's Cafe (leaning towards the former)
World 8: Either Hillside Romp or Faceblock Bound (leaning towards the former)
World 9: DAMNage and Damnation
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

As I understand it, TARPZ is going to be the first of 3 back-to-back intro/tutorial levels. Don't know what the status is on the other two, though.

Something of note that I don't think has been brought up on the forum yet, we've been discussing making it so the player goes from the hub to the SOW level until that level's been cleared, after which the player is taken to the map and will go straight to the map when returning to the world. With that in mind, I mostly agree with those picks. Mangrove Cavern seems like a better intro level in terms of both wow factor and difficulty curve compared to Bat an Eye, and I especially like the choice of the "Fall" of Demo -- by that point in the story both the players and characters will be anticipating a messed-up W6, so having the first thing they see of the world be a pleasant little forest area will be a wonderful fake-out. That being said, we should probably wait until all remaining slots are filled in before making the final call.

One last thing, almost word-for-word from Skype: W8 ended up being called the Ethereal Epoch on the wiki, but I recall someone suggested Olympian Epoch a while back. With it being the sky/athletic world and both options for W8's SOW level being mountains, that may be a better name.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote: Something of note that I don't think has been brought up on the forum yet, we've been discussing making it so the player goes from the hub to the SOW level until that level's been cleared, after which the player is taken to the map and will go straight to the map when returning to the world.
That was actually the original plan in Ep1, but never happened. I'm all for doing this.
Rockythechao wrote:One last thing, almost word-for-word from Skype: W8 ended up being called the Ethereal Epoch on the wiki, but I recall someone suggested Olympian Epoch a while back. With it being the sky/athletic world and both options for W8's SOW level being mountains, that may be a better name.
My thinking for World 8 is to do either of those 2 levels first, then do second longest tree, then everything else, ending with side crawler's climb.
Rockythechao wrote:That being said, we should probably wait until all remaining slots are filled in before making the final call.
Kinda agree, though there are only 3 spots left (1 in Worlds 3, 5, and 7), and no one's stepped forward to fill in those spots, and I'm not sure there are any more levels in the Canned list that I can salvage (though Pyro did mention on the wiki page for The Grand Rescue of updating it to fix stuff)EDIT: Actually now that I think of it, I might be able to fix Bubble Trouble. That leaves World 1.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Oh yeah I just kinda abandoned Grand Rescue, plus I don't think it'd really fit anywhere. Fixing up Bubble Trouble would be great though, that secret exit was really the only bad thing about it.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Ok, Once I finish this tomorrow, that'll leave 3 spots open (a spot each in Worlds 1, 3, and 7).

For World 7, I might be able to finish an unfinished/unnamed ASMBXT level by Dusk209 (but I'd have to change the theme of the level, which shouldn't be too hard).

For World 3 I might be able to salvage an unnamed/unnamed ASMBXT level by Here Comes Dracula, but I'd have to look tomorrow and see.

For World 1, I have no idea right now. The unfinished levels from ASMBXT that are salvageable and still have download links (or I somehow still have) are too hard/can't fit, same with the Ep1 canned levels (though most of those are unsalvageable)

If someone wants to look at the Unfinished ASMBXT levels, here. Note Jumping Around Through Skytown and Spin! Pierce the Heavens were used in Ep1.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

I mean, we could use The Fearamid for World 3, but I know you're not exactly a fan of that level.

Also wasn't Resilient Nature supposed to fill the last spot or is there another spot I didn't notice?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Oh, right. OK, that solves that then.

Fearimid I recall being a bit of a mess, and not that fun.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Personally I thought it was an okay level but it's basically a giant Gravity Falls joke, which wouldn't really fit in the game, really.