(shouting)

Moondust Project thread [Support moved]

The second SMBX collab!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: PGE Project thread (Latest Editor 0.3.1.7 and Engine 0.2.3.1-alpha)

Post by Willhart »

This looked pretty interesting. I'm not sure if it is a joke or not though. There was a lot of neat stuff there that could probably be made with lua too.

https://youtu.be/n2nsvRlgdDk
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Wohlstand »

Willhart wrote:This looked pretty interesting. I'm not sure if it is a joke or not though. There was a lot of neat stuff there that could probably be made with lua too.

https://youtu.be/n2nsvRlgdDk
That wasn't a joke, it's a some treasure which we are with Kevin are found on Baidu and downloaded for a tests. Because Chinese and was no good download link, people are can't normally take that build. We are found it accidentally to test that out. Anyway, to take it running, need a Windows XP machine (we are failed to run that on Windows 7 machine) with configured "Chinese" locale (Yea, dumb Visual Basics's dependency to locale). This thing is not easy to take running, therefore I packed my VirtualBox machine with it.
I think, you already seen this stuff in our documents storage: http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Collected ... X%201.4.1/
I tried to contact with developer of that at Baidu, but I wasn't got response yet. Anyway, we are still use SMBX 1.3 and do using of Chinese SMBX 1.4.1 as a source of ideas. To take this SMBX 1.4.1 working fine everywhere, we are need to take and open source code from a developer of this SMBX 1.4.1.
About hacking possibility: it's packed with PE-Compact (Detected via PEID toolset) and when I tried to unpack it, I took access via IDA, but unpacked exe file no more works. (Mayby because I did something wrong while tried to unpack it)
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Very interesting. I hope that they respond at some point. Hopefully the language difference won't be too much of a problem.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Willhart wrote:Very interesting. I hope that they respond at some point. Hopefully the language difference won't be too much of a problem.
"Chinese" locale I meant in the "Control panel"->"International standards", and also need to install Hieroglyphic fonts support just in case (that installs some libraries which would be required by SMBX 1.4.1 built). Also I totally forgot to plug autologin inside VritualBox machine, but I installed password "wohlnet" to admin account where I have everything to run SMBX 1.4.1. It's here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Collected ... SMXB141.7z
It has 3.8 GB size but when you will unpack it, it will have 8 GB size. This machine can work even without hardware visualization, it's not x64 machine, but you must have powerful CPU (Pentium IV is fine, but anyway, result will work slow, so, recommended a dual-core CPU to take it working fine)
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Would it be possible to move the "Remove" button in the "Layer" dialog box to the right? Many times have I tried to add a new layer only to accidentally click the "remove" button and delete some random layer without me knowing until way later. Or at least provide a warning message instead of instantly just deleting the layer.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Sturg wrote:Would it be possible to move the "Remove" button in the "Layer" dialog box to the right? Many times have I tried to add a new layer only to accidentally click the "remove" button and delete some random layer without me knowing until way later. Or at least provide a warning message instead of instantly just deleting the layer.
I think, I'll add question message, because current location of buttons now convenient to most of people and I will confuse them with swapping of buttons :mrgreen:
Anyway, layers are recordable by history manager elements which are can be un-deleted by history undo.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Wohlstand wrote:Anyway, layers are recordable by history manager elements which are can be un-deleted by history undo.
I guess my point in the matter was that the layer deletion is pretty swift/subtle that I don't really know it actually happened until way later when I've made a bunch of progress and would rather not undo all the way back to where I flubbed.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Sturg wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Anyway, layers are recordable by history manager elements which are can be un-deleted by history undo.
I guess my point in the matter was that the layer deletion is pretty swift/subtle that I don't really know it actually happened until way later when I've made a bunch of progress and would rather not undo all the way back to where I flubbed.
Just added: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... 876eb690b6
In next update you will take this fix ;-)
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Wohlstand, help me out man.

How do I get the PGE GIFtoPNG to work? I've downloaded the latest version of the editor, but it doesn't recognize any file types. When I go to the directory/folder with the GIF files, nothing shows up.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

WestonSmith wrote:Wohlstand, help me out man.

How do I get the PGE GIFtoPNG to work? I've downloaded the latest version of the editor, but it doesn't recognize any file types. When I go to the directory/folder with the GIF files, nothing shows up.
1) At first you should apply LazyFixTool to avoid broken alpha-channel:
Tools -> external tools -> lazyfix tool
2) after lazyfix tool find in same menu gifs2png and apply it to your folder.
Note: because bug in LunaLUA with backgrounds (not BGO), you can use PNG2GIFs for backward conversion (you even can open it from pge's folder and use it's drag&drop ui
Wohlstand

Re: PGE Project thread (Latest Editor 0.3.1.8 and Engine 0.2.4-alpha)

Post by Wohlstand »

New Update!
This update has lots of surprised features in the engine side, but also has a bug-fixes in the editor side.

Changelog Editor 0.3.1.8
- Fixed bug with non-initialized NPC.txt fields on a new file creation
- Added question boxes on attempt to remove layer from list
- [WIP] Testing settings (there are will don't take effect on actual testing inside engine yet!)
- Fixed grid offset bug

Changelog Engine 0.2.4
- Working paths system on world map! Now there are closed at episode start, but opens on level passes.
- Fixed bug with autospawning of "gameover" question on non-zero exit codes
- Fixed missed font-ID grabbing for live counter on the world map
- Small reorganization of cheat codes:
- illparkwhereiwant instead of "i" key
- redigitiscool to spawn dummy message box
- iwishexitas X to exit from a level with specific exit code
- Contact Detector for NPC-AI (detects elements which are contacted to self NPC and returns pointer to them)
- Added ability to spawn other NPC's from NPC-AI scripts
- Working projectile generators!
- Fixed bug with down directed NPC spawn from blocks
- Experimental in-game render of placing elements
- All non-protected NPC's will burn in lava

Updates in config packs
- Implemented shooting NPC's: Venus firetrap (still has no accurate angle calculation, later will be copied from Rinka), Rinka block and rinkas, bill blasters!
- Implemented springboards!
- Glass chamber changes frame dependent to a health
- Bosses (birdo, boom-boom, bowser III-rd) are spawns rewards when all "is boss" NPC's of same ID will be defeated!
- Egg changes color dependent to contents and smashes on falling with speed more than 2
- Partial implementation of pow blocks: on fall with speed more than 2 all visible coins will fall down and on-ground players will be bumped
- All bosses will die on fall into a pit (update going together with engine side updates)
- Working vine heads!

All downloads are available on the main page!
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Wohlstand wrote:
WestonSmith wrote:Wohlstand, help me out man.

1) At first you should apply LazyFixTool to avoid broken alpha-channel:
Tools -> external tools -> lazyfix tool
2) after lazyfix tool find in same menu gifs2png and apply it to your folder.
Note: because bug in LunaLUA with backgrounds (not BGO), you can use PNG2GIFs for backward conversion (you even can open it from pge's folder and use it's drag&drop ui
SAJewers wrote:ping - re: swapping to PNG transparency from GIF
So this seems to have made the programs run but... why do I want this? I seem to have lost all transparency and now my semi-translucent sprites are completely opaque.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

to fix colour blending with the lights. Are you sure you're doing it right? It really sounds like you're doing it wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

I can't be certain, no. Is there an example level or folder I can look at? Something already submitted? It might help to see what I'm working towards.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I believe all my levels use PNGs.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

PGE Engine 0.2.4-alpha demo

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNlakvKmcI

This demo showing up recently implemented NPC Algorithms based on new-implemented NPC-AI features in the PGE Engine 0.2.4-alpha.

Level made for this video: http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Levels/PG ... pdates.zip
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Wohlstand, how do I turn off the SMBX gui? I accidentally selected it and now I can't revert back to the original superior GUI.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

ztarwuff wrote:Wohlstand, how do I turn off the SMBX gui? I accidentally selected it and now I can't revert back to the original superior GUI.
1) Go to "Window"->"Tab mode" to toggle MDI into TAB mode (opposite to sub-windows mode)
2) In the "view" menu enable the "Level item box" to show filter-search based item box (you can find icon to show up that stuff on the tool bar)
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Wohlstand wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:Wohlstand, how do I turn off the SMBX gui? I accidentally selected it and now I can't revert back to the original superior GUI.
1) Go to "Window"->"Tab mode" to toggle MDI into TAB mode (opposite to sub-windows mode)
2) In the "view" menu enable the "Level item box" to show filter-search based item box (you can find icon to show up that stuff on the tool bar)
Thank you so much! That did the trick. The default view is much better.
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to ask if anybody else has had difficulties opening up PGE Editor as of late? Recently, my Norton Security has decided that PGE Editor is untrustworthy, despite the fact that it's had no problems with it for the past year or so. I tried moving it back out of quarantine (scanned it fully and it's only File Insight that says its untrustworthy). That didn't work. I uninstalled and installed everything again. That still doesn't work.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

ztarwuff wrote:Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to ask if anybody else has had difficulties opening up PGE Editor as of late? Recently, my Norton Security has decided that PGE Editor is untrustworthy, despite the fact that it's had no problems with it for the past year or so. I tried moving it back out of quarantine (scanned it fully and it's only File Insight that says its untrustworthy). That didn't work. I uninstalled and installed everything again. That still doesn't work.
"untrustworthy" is just a paranoia, so, mark it as exception and use it safely. Anyway, you can write to Norton's support about that message and please send them this link as source code of that thing:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... ter/Editor (code of editor only)
or better to this:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project (code of entire PGE with all components, in readme are downloads and link to build guide)
How I understand, it just flags all apps as "untrustworthy" which are has no code-signed certificate (which usually costs a lot of money).

EDIT: I reported to Norton myself, so, I will wait their reply
EDIT: There are replied and there are confirmed detection and there are will fix that in next update ;-)
Last edited by Wohlstand 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Having something like an "item-picker tool" would be a really nice addition for PGE editor.

I would like to be able to click a block/item in a way, that allows me to place more of that block/item later. The effect would be same as if I had clicked that type of block/item on the tileset, or in the "Level Item toolbox". It could maybe have some Hot Key too, like it only happens when you left click on an item/block while holding shift key, or some other button.

Edit: Newer mind. Middle clicking a single block works like this.
Last edited by Willhart 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

IIRC you can already do that. Select the item, then Middle-click.
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Wohlstand wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to ask if anybody else has had difficulties opening up PGE Editor as of late? Recently, my Norton Security has decided that PGE Editor is untrustworthy, despite the fact that it's had no problems with it for the past year or so. I tried moving it back out of quarantine (scanned it fully and it's only File Insight that says its untrustworthy). That didn't work. I uninstalled and installed everything again. That still doesn't work.
"untrustworthy" is just a paranoia, so, mark it as exception and use it safely. Anyway, you can write to Norton's support about that message and please send them this link as source code of that thing:
or better to this:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project (code of entire PGE with all components, in readme are downloads and link to build guide)
How I understand, it just flags all apps as "untrustworthy" which are has no code-signed certificate (which usually costs a lot of money).

EDIT: There are replied and there are confirmed detection and there are will fix that in next update ;-)
Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I tried rolling back to a previous build of Windows 10 to see whether that was causing the problem.

Big mistake! I no longer have a functioning computer, so I'll be out of the game for a while.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

ztarwuff wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
or better to this:

Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I tried rolling back to a previous build of Windows 10 to see whether that was causing the problem.

Big mistake! I no longer have a functioning computer, so I'll be out of the game for a while.
Kill "Smart Screen" thing, it's dumb, I don't trust it myself :P